Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
AustinMavsFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Summer league players

Anyone watching the summer league.

I just have to say that I am really excited about a few players and hope that Avery will put them in the final roster. My favorite player so far is Brandon Bass....Bass is short for Bad ass, he looks really good and does a lot of things well (intangibles like blocks, steals, etc.) and he is looking great on the offensive side as well.
J.J. Barea and Reyshawn Terry look good, Barea needs some NBA experience and I hope he will get some more playing time this year when Devin Harris gets into foul trouble which will be a lot. Reyshawn Terry has crazy athleticism and should be groomed to be a shutdown defender kind of like a Raja Bell. I think Ager has a lot of potential but needs more time to become an NBA level player and think he should get more experience in the D-league. I doubt that Avery feels this and he will probably make the team.
I don't know where we're at as far as free agent signings go but I hope that out of all the possibilities now (Francis, Webber, Pietrus) that we get Pietrus and I like the idea of moving J.J. Barea to back up Harris while bringing Terry and Stackhouse off of the bench.

PG- D. Harris/J.J. Barea
SG- Pietrus/J. Terry/D. George
SF- J. Howard/STACK/R. Terry
PF- Dirk/Brandon Bass
C- Damp/Diop
AustinMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Default Re: Summer league players

Terry can be productive offensively as well. When he gets hot, he can change a game ... at least, he could at Carolina.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: