Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #16
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official #28 NBA Player Of All Time According To ISH

posted before:

Take the bitter pill...

The next one has to be Kevin McHale..

Look at the list.Kareem #2 and Magic #4.Bird #5.That`s a joke.
Maybe I´m wrong,but it wasn`t Bird against the Lakers,right?

I know people judge him because of his work in Minnesota(and they`re doing right),but this guy was an unique offensive force.
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #17
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

That made me

Tolbert is a really annoying announcer, but he'll say stuff others won't. Like if a popular star is stinking up the court big time, Tolbert won't let it go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRZ66
tom tolbert
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered somewhat coolL.Kizzle is considered somewhat coolL.Kizzle is considered somewhat cool

My vote is for the other Clyde. Great defender, great scorer, could pass and was very clutch. He was also one of the most undelfish superstars ever playing on those late 60's/early 70's Knick squads.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #19
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenk
posted before:

Take the bitter pill...

The next one has to be Kevin McHale..

Look at the list.Kareem #2 and Magic #4.Bird #5.That`s a joke.
Maybe I´m wrong,but it wasn`t Bird against the Lakers,right?

I know people judge him because of his work in Minnesota(and they`re doing right),but this guy was an unique offensive force.

No offense, but if you are saying that McHale belongs because Birsd at #5 took on a #4 and a #2, so he at least had a #28 with him - look at this:

the 69-70, and 72-73 Knicks beat a LA Laker team with #2, #11 and #14 and none of them have made this list yet...in fact one of those Knicks even won an MVP (which by my count only 2 of the last 8 entries have).

so maybe - and this is just my opinion -- Reed is just a little tiny bit better than McHale.

Just a maybe -- just my humble opinion -- its possible that Reed may have been more than a unique offensive force.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #20
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

So ah...I still haven't seen your vote yet bro? You've said that people are voting for "90s semi-legends" and are bashing McHale, but you haven't actually voted for anyone yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
No offense, but if you are saying that McHale belongs because Birsd at #5 took on a #4 and a #2, so he at least had a #28 with him - look at this:

the 69-70, and 72-73 Knicks beat a LA Laker team with #2, #11 and #14 and none of them have made this list yet...in fact one of those Knicks even won an MVP (which by my count only 2 of the last 8 entries have).

so maybe - and this is just my opinion -- Reed is just a little tiny bit better than McHale.

Just a maybe -- just my humble opinion -- its possible that Reed may have been more than a unique offensive force.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #21
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Both Willis Reed and Cowens are now 10 to 8 spots too low.

I'll take Reed I guess. It really seems like guys who've got MVPs AND led teams to titles should probably be considered before second options and and guys who were never the best player in the league at there position, let alone MVPs of the league. I know it's a little simplistic, but it's not like these guys suck. Those title's and MVPs are defining seperations from some of the last 8 to 10 players.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #22
John Starks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
So ah...I still haven't seen your vote yet bro? You've said that people are voting for "90s semi-legends" and are bashing McHale, but you haven't actually voted for anyone yet?

Where did I bash McHale? I merely used dhenk's reasoning to support Reed.

My vote is for Reed - as it has been for a while.

...and people are voting for 90's semi-legends. Drex, Pip, Glove - that's what they are.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #23
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

I'm changing my vote of the last 2 rounds from Kevin Garnett to Willis Reed.
btw, McHale had like 2 great seasons, never was the best player on his team. Nash belongs there over him.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #24
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

That`s absolutly possible...
But this is a vote,and I just don`t want to vote for players I never have seen play,or maybe just one,two times...
The numbers I qouted were just to explain what I think about the list in general.So,maybe your humble opinion is right,but I stick with Kevin McHale,cause it`s my vote...
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #25
John Starks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Both Willis Reed and Cowens are now 10 to 8 spots too low.

I'll take Reed I guess. It really seems like guys who've got MVPs AND led teams to titles should probably be considered before second options and and guys who were never the best player in the league at there position, let alone MVPs of the league. I know it's a little simplistic, but it's not like these guys suck. Those title's and MVPs are defining seperations from some of the last 8 to 10 players.

but that's just your opinion -- you do know that Payton averaged 20/8 in his best seasons.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #26
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
but that's just your opinion -- you do know that Payton averaged 20/8 in his best seasons.
Yeah

21/8 with All-Defensive 1st Defense

How many EVER have done that? 0

I can tell you many who have done Reed
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #27
John Starks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20

The only ones with Reed's list of accomplishments are already on the list.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Jason Kidd! A little bit better than Frazier and Payton and much better than Nash and Iverson.
Much better than Iverson? Calm down.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #29
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Yeah

21/8 with All-Defensive 1st Defense

How many EVER have done that? 0

Sorry but Willis Reed has an MVP, and 2 finals MVP's. Gary Payton doesn't have either, that has to put him higher.

So My vote is Willis Reed.

On that note Clyde Drexler was nice but he is way too high on this list, no awards, no rings as the leader and only 5 all-NBA selections doesn't make put you this high. A lot of players out there with better resumés.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #30
Selenium
Good High School Starter

Selenium is considered somewhat coolSelenium is considered somewhat cool

Elvin Hayes. Again.

Quote:
Hayes joined the NBA with the San Diego Rockets in 1968 and in his rookie year, he scored a career-high 54 points against the Detroit Pistons on November 11 of that year. As a rookie, Hayes led the NBA in scoring with 28.4 points per game, averaged 17.1 rebounds per game, and was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team. Hayes' scoring average is the fifth best all-time for a rookie, and he remains the last rookie to lead the NBA in scoring.

In Hayes' second season, he led the NBA in rebounding, becoming the first player other than Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain to lead the category since 1957 (Chamberlain was injured during much of the season). In Hayes' third season, 1970-71, he scored a career best 28.7 points per game.

In 1972, Hayes was traded to the Baltimore Bullets, where he teamed with Hall-Of-Famer Wes Unseld to form a fierce and dominating frontcourt combination that led the Bullets to 3 NBA Finals (1975, 1978, and 1979), and an NBA title over The Seattle SuperSonics in 1978. He shined brightly, especially in the NBA playoffs. During the Bullets' championship season (1978), he averaged 21.8 points and 12.1 rebounds per game in 21 playoff games. One year later, he set an NBA Finals record for most offensive rebounds in a game (11), in a May 27, 1979 game against the SuperSonics.

On June 8, 1981, Hayes was traded to the Houston Rockets. The "Big E" closed out his career with the Rockets in 1984, who had relocated to Houston. Hayes had a career scoring average of 21.0 points and 12.5 rebounds per game.

In his career with the San Diego/Houston Rockets and the Baltimore/Capital/Washington Bullets, Hayes played 1,303 games over 16 seasons, registering 27,313 points (eighth all-time) and 16,279 rebounds (sixth all-time). Hayes never missed more than two games in any of his 16 seasons in the NBA. In addition to his 1968 scoring title, he led the NBA in rebounding in 1970 and 1974. The 18.1 rebounds per game Hayes averaged in 1974 is the third highest rebounding average of any NBA player since Wilt Chamberlain retired in 1973. Hayes played in twelve straight NBA All-Star Games from 1969 to 1980.

Hayes was named to the NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team during the 1996-97 NBA season and was elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1990.
Selenium is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: