Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 01:27 AM   #16
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

at the guy who was dumb enough to think luther head was a point guard
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:30 AM   #17
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecedoc
luther head is a point guard dummy, have u played nba2k7 or nba live07, he's a point guard

I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or he's serious, because his comments are so damn stupid he has to be sarcastic.......... please tell me this is true buddy, you ARE BEING SARCASTIC AREN'T YOU.

If Head is a NBA PG, guess what....... I'm a NBA PG too. I created "myself" in nba2k7 and nba live as the Rockets starting PG.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 07-20-2007 at 01:34 AM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:32 AM   #18
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or he's serious, because his comments are so damn stupid he has to be sarcastic.......... please tell me this is ture buddy, you ARE BEING SARCASTIC AREN'T YOU.

If Head is a NBA PG, guess what....... I'm a NBA PG too.

I can honestly say I have better handles than Luther, seriously.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:36 AM   #19
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

After saying all that though, I still hope theres a place for Luther on this team. Its always great to have 3 point shooters on the team, but at this point the roster is looking rather tight for him.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #20
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or he's serious, because his comments are so damn stupid he has to be sarcastic.......... please tell me this is true buddy, you ARE BEING SARCASTIC AREN'T YOU.

If Head is a NBA PG, guess what....... I'm a NBA PG too. I created "myself" in nba2k7 and nba live as the Rockets starting PG.

Me too! But I'm a south paw in the game because in real life people always know I go right. Blow right by 'em now! I can touch the rim in real life so I figured I'd give myself a 90 dunk rating because if I played basketball full time I'd be a 90. I also play ball with a bunch of elementary school kids so I listed myself as 7'3...only seems right.
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:24 AM   #21
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecedoc
so is dwade a 2guard trapped in a pg body.... whatever he's a point guard in 07 mayb he be official sg in 08 then

they both bout the same height

yeah, but they have 2 totally different skills.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 AM   #22
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3 of the 5 are closer to what id want in a 2 than a point. 2 of those 3 are undersized but they have proven able to score just fine.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:37 AM   #23
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

It's funny. For all this talk about Houston having 5 PG's I still only see 1. Francis has never been a PG. James is just a gunner. Brooks is the same. Head is a pure SG with next to no PG skills. Alston is a PG but he cant shoot and doesnt defend.

So for all the moves, they arent any better off at PG other than having a whole lot more SG's to play there.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:32 AM   #24
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
It's funny. For all this talk about Houston having 5 PG's I still only see 1. Francis has never been a PG. James is just a gunner. Brooks is the same. Head is a pure SG with next to no PG skills. Alston is a PG but he cant shoot and doesnt defend.

So for all the moves, they arent any better off at PG other than having a whole lot more SG's to play there.

Brooks was playing the pg role just fine in summer league, they way it should be. He showed great court vision playing the pg position.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #25
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

We don't really need a true point guard. We've got James, Francis, Brooks, Head, and McGrady who can all handle the ball.

Alston and Lucas are gone for sure. Sura, too. Maybe even Luther Head also.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #26
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Uh oh...the rabid Rockets fans are going to tear you to shreds if you aren't at the Rockets and expecting them to go 82-0 and sweep everybody on the way to the Championship!

BTW, aren't there like half a dozen topics on the first page about how many PG players the Rockets have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #27
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I bet they start James and Francis in the backcourt and turn McGrady into Pippen. I always thought he could be just like Pippen if he wanted to.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #28
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Uh oh...the rabid Rockets fans are going to tear you to shreds if you aren't at the Rockets and expecting them to go 82-0 and sweep everybody on the way to the Championship!
BTW, aren't there like half a dozen topics on the first page about how many PG players the Rockets have?

Uhm ok, I didn't see that. We are stating why we think this team is good which is what most fans would do. I would think you hate this team bc everything you said the past coule days has been negative. I would also say Uh oh... Oprimus Prime is going to tear you to shreds if you dont say the Rockets suck and will not make it out of the first round!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #29
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Stating that The Franchise makes you better than SA, Dallas, Phoenix, Denver and Utah is doing more than saying your team is "good". It's sheer lunacy.

But I haven't really said much on this lately. Next season will speak for itself.

Oh, and Alston for Haslem?

I hope yall who said that were joking. Haslem is a tough, gritty player who grabs boards and hits shots when left alone. Alston is...

Yes, the Rockets have 5 "PGs" on the roster, but the majority of them are really SGs anyway...

And there are a million topics about this already...

On and on and on...

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
Uhm ok, I didn't see that. We are stating why we think this team is good which is what most fans would do. I would think you hate this team bc everything you said the past coule days has been negative. I would also say Uh oh... Oprimus Prime is going to tear you to shreds if you dont say the Rockets suck and will not make it out of the first round!
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #30
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime

Damn Optimus, what the hell do you have against Houston? I know it hurts to see the Rockets as the hot topic on this board, but just give it a few days and it'll be back to the same ol, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Lakers, Knicks, and Kobe threads. Stop hating and let us have our shine.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: