Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #31
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef
 
Xsatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,117
Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Stating that The Franchise makes you better than SA, Dallas, Phoenix, Denver and Utah is doing more than saying your team is "good". It's sheer lunacy.

But I haven't really said much on this lately. Next season will speak for itself.

Oh, and Alston for Haslem?



I hope yall who said that were joking. Haslem is a tough, gritty player who grabs boards and hits shots when left alone. Alston is...

Yes, the Rockets have 5 "PGs" on the roster, but the majority of them are really SGs anyway...

And there are a million topics about this already...

On and on and on...

:)

Considering how many wins they had last year without a bench and Yao being injured for a huge part of the season, it is not impossible. Yao was not even the same player when he came back from injury, so if healthy they can be just as good if not better. Their bench is much deeper than last year so they have a chance, only time will tell. But to flat out say they can't be better than those teams is ignorant, most Rockets fans have not said we are definitely better than the Suns, Mavs and Spurs. We just like our chances now bc they always had a bench and we didn't until now.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #32
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,964
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Uh oh...the rabid Rockets fans are going to tear you to shreds if you aren't at the Rockets and expecting them to go 82-0 and sweep everybody on the way to the Championship!

BTW, aren't there like half a dozen topics on the first page about how many PG players the Rockets have?

Says the rabid Rocket h-a-t-e-r......
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #33
CAYO
Serious playground baller
 
CAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 475
CAYO has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Luther Head is not a pg.
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #34
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,349
BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Says the rabid Rocket h-a-t-e-r......

There's no reason to hate on the Rockets. They'd have to seriously accomplish something first.

He's more a of a rabid Rocket h-o-m-e-r h-a-t-e-r
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #35
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef
 
Xsatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,117
Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
There's no reason to hate on the Rockets. They'd have to seriously accomplish something first.

He's more a of a rabid Rocket h-o-m-e-r h-a-t-e-r

And who is being homers? We are excited about our offseason so why hate? No one came in here saying we are going to be the best team and win a championship. So again where are the homers? You might find like two people who are stupid but every team has homer fans. Most of the comments recently from Rocket fans have not been homer statements but rather just simply stating how pleased we are with our offseason. People just like to hate.

Last edited by Xsatyr : 07-20-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #36
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,964
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
There's no reason to hate on the Rockets. They'd have to seriously accomplish something first.

He's more a of a rabid Rocket h-o-m-e-r h-a-t-e-r
I want you to support that claim and show me the "homers" or shut the f*ck up.

That simple. Don't come in here with baseless arguments. That dude has been ripping us for the past two days. Enough is enough. I'm about to get to lethal.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #37
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,349
BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I want you to support that claim and show me the "homers" or shut the f*ck up.

That simple. Don't come in here with baseless arguments. That dude has been ripping us for the past two days. Enough is enough. I'm about to get to lethal.


OOOH someones' gonna get lethal on an internet chat board. Everybody take cover.

For the record I enjoy watching the Rockets play, I'm a fan of T-Mac/Yao, and a HUGE fan of Aaron Brooks. I rooted harder for the Rockets to beat the Jazz than any other playoff series last year.

SO before you tell me to shut the f*ck up get your facts straight.

I just find it humourous that Rockets homers think they can get Haslem for Alston, or that adding a washed up Stevie Franchise will turn them from a perennial first-round exit to anything more than that.

And yes, if someone can't handle someone talking negatively about their favorite team and then take it totally personally, i will call them a homer all the f*ck i want.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #38
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,349
BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
And who is being homers? We are excited about our offseason so why hate? No one came in here saying we are going to be the best team and win a championship. So again where are the homers? You might find like two people who are stupid but every team has homer fans. Most of the comments recently from Rocket fans have not been homer statements but rather just simply stating how pleased we are with our offseason. People just like to hate.

See, you are being reasonable, so I wouldn't call you a homer. Its great to be excited for your team next year, but i keep seeing too many fans thinking they're the cream of the crop in the west now.

I'm kind of excited to see if the Rockets can get to that next tier too, albeit its likelihood isnt that great.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #39
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef
 
Xsatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,117
Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
See, you are being reasonable, so I wouldn't call you a homer. Its great to be excited for your team next year, but i keep seeing too many fans thinking they're the cream of the crop in the west now.

I'm kind of excited to see if the Rockets can get to that next tier too, albeit its likelihood isnt that great.

But no one is going off saying we are the best. Everyone just thinks we have a chance bc we have a bench now. It is not just about Francis but Scola who we are optimistic about, Adelman as the coach, a motivated Bonzi, Mike James and our rookie Aaron Brooks. Francis is the the icing on the cake especially since we all miss Francis. Now the Rafer for Haslem is indeed just stupid but only a select few suggested that.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #40
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,349
BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
But no one is going off saying we are the best. Everyone just thinks we have a chance bc we have a bench now. It is not just about Francis but Scola who we are optimistic about, Adelman as the coach, a motivated Bonzi, Mike James and our rookie Aaron Brooks. Francis is the the icing on the cake especially since we all miss Francis. Now the Rafer for Haslem is indeed just stupid but only a select few suggested that.

too bad Brooks is gonna get buried behind Francis and James. They should trade HIM to the heat

i bet Simien for Brooks works out salary-wise
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #41
Optimus Prime
:\
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Intertubes
Posts: 3,835
Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

I think this guy gets where I'm coming from...



And the venomous response he got for posting this proves my point. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason amidst all the Rockets fanboyism.

Are the Rockets good? Yes, I never said they weren't. Go back and search all my posts. I never once said the Rockets sucked. I even give T-Mac and Yao props, even though I don't like their games.

But what seriously has me is the insane amount of junk I hear being spewed (not just here but all over) that all of a sudden with Stevie Franchise, the Rockets are going to win the championship. Franchise might be a good pickup for them or he might be bad. He's long removed from an All Star. He's not the missing piece. Sorry.

San Antonio are NBA Champs. Dallas had the best record in the NBA. Phoenix had the second best record in the West. Utah beat Houston in the playoffs last year. I don't even consider Utah to be a crazy good team, but they went to the WCF.

What have the Rockets done? They've had T-Mac/Yao a couple years now. They were 34-48 the year before last. Rockets fans will cry "INJURIES!", but every team has injuries. And on that note, T-Mac and Yao have injury problems.

Trying to be logical gets labeled as "hating" amongst the homers...



Still doesn't make what I'm saying any less true. The Rockets prove my points out on the court...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
There's no reason to hate on the Rockets. They'd have to seriously accomplish something first.

He's more a of a rabid Rocket h-o-m-e-r h-a-t-e-r
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #42
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,349
BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I think this guy gets where I'm coming from...





Are the Rockets good? Yes, I never said they weren't. Go back and search all my posts. I never once said the Rockets sucked. I even give T-Mac and Yao props, even though I don't like their games.

What have the Rockets done? They've had T-Mac/Yao a couple years now. They were 34-48 the year before last. Rockets fans will cry "INJURIES!", but every team has injuries. And on that note, T-Mac and Yao have injury problems.

Trying to be logical gets labeled as "hating" amongst the homers...



Still doesn't make what I'm saying any less true. The Rockets prove my points out on the court...

amen brother, amen
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #43
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef
 
Xsatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,117
Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
too bad Brooks is gonna get buried behind Francis and James. They should trade HIM to the heat

i bet Simien for Brooks works out salary-wise

I don't think they will bc he showed he has great court vision and willingness to pass. It is scary to think if Francis and James can't adjust and we lose Brooks. I also think they like his upside for the future of the Rockets.

Last edited by Xsatyr : 07-20-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #44
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef
 
Xsatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,117
Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I think this guy gets where I'm coming from...



And the venomous response he got for posting this proves my point. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason amidst all the Rockets fanboyism.

Are the Rockets good? Yes, I never said they weren't. Go back and search all my posts. I never once said the Rockets sucked. I even give T-Mac and Yao props, even though I don't like their games.

But what seriously has me is the insane amount of junk I hear being spewed (not just here but all over) that all of a sudden with Stevie Franchise, the Rockets are going to win the championship. Franchise might be a good pickup for them or he might be bad. He's long removed from an All Star. He's not the missing piece. Sorry.

San Antonio are NBA Champs. Dallas had the best record in the NBA. Phoenix had the second best record in the West. Utah beat Houston in the playoffs last year. I don't even consider Utah to be a crazy good team, but they went to the WCF.

What have the Rockets done? They've had T-Mac/Yao a couple years now. They were 34-48 the year before last. Rockets fans will cry "INJURIES!", but every team has injuries. And on that note, T-Mac and Yao have injury problems.

Trying to be logical gets labeled as "hating" amongst the homers...



Still doesn't make what I'm saying any less true. The Rockets prove my points out on the court...

And again who and the hell is talking about championships as if we have it locked? You also said the Jazz are not that good even though they made it to WCF. Well we took them to game 7 and we are a stronger team than last year, much stronger. So your logic is flawed, anything can happen in the NBA. I guess the Jazz were stronger than you thought. And no one has had injuries like the Rockets and did not suffer.

Last edited by Xsatyr : 07-20-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #45
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,349
BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: HOUSTON has 5 PG'S now.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
I don't think they will bc he showed he has great court vision and willingness to pass. It is scary to think if Francis and James can't adjust and we lose Brooks. I also think they like him upside for the future of the Rockets.

He's a f*ckin BALLER, i saw him play live all four years at oregon, and he has both the knack for making big shots (made the game winning shot against the #1 and undefeated UCLA bruins) and can absolutely take over the game on offense with his unlimited range and quick moves off the dribble.

He'll also put up an amazing blocked shot every couple of games and rebounds extremely well for someone who's barely 6'0" 160 lbs.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy