Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
The Hurricane
Banned

The Hurricane has an OK reputation so far
Default If crooked ref is Bennete Salvador, I demand a title for the Mavs

He single handedly turned around that series for the heat with that terrible foul call on Wade for less than 1 second left.
The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: If crooked ref is Bennete Salvador, I demand a title for the Mavs

Mavericks should never have been in that position. if they had only taken care of business in Game 3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
The Hurricane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Mavericks should never have been in that position. if they had only taken care of business in Game 3

So the Mavs should have gone up 3-0 on a pretty good team? With the circumstances I agree but otherwise I dont... The Mavs should have won Game 5.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have feeling it's Steve Javie :)
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

exactly. in a seven-game series, there were infinite moments where, had the Mavs taken care of business, the refs wouldn't have been able to change anything.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

I agree. Refs make bad calls or miss calls all the time. A team shouldn't let themselves be in the position where one call can destroy their chance at a championship.

There are about a million opportunities in a game of basketball. Multiply that over a seven game series. Making a couple of better decisions with the opportunities presented would prevent a game being "won by the refs".

Quote:
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane
If crooked ref is Bennete Salvador, I demand a title for the Mavs
But then, Salvatore also blew two calls at the end of Lakers/Suns game 4 to hand L.A. the game.

If that doesn't happen, the Suns show up in Dallas with more rest, and maybe Raja Bell doesn't get injured. So, shouldn't you be giving that title to the Suns instead?
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1 Call does not make a 7 game series. At least I hope.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #9
The Hurricane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

I agree but this was not just a regular call... it was a game winner and series changer
Old 07-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #10
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

I've got my chips on Joey Crawford. He's just an all-around dip ****.
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
exactly. in a seven-game series, there were infinite moments where, had the Mavs taken care of business, the refs wouldn't have been able to change anything.

only if the refs are clean and the bad calls are accidental and not on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

if there is a purposeful bad call at the end of a game then yes it does affect the entire series. it could be possible even that every time Team A gets momentum, the dirty ref makes a call to stop it. A ref could have A TON of power to decide the game if he really wanted to. Its as simple as calling 2 or 3 touch fouls on a teams best player to get them out of the game.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #12
nottheone
I hit open layups

nottheone has an OK reputation so far

are you really insinuating the finals were rigged?
nottheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #13
The Hurricane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottheone
are you really insinuating the finals were rigged?

Yes and have been for the past 13 months
Old 07-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #14
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
only if the refs are clean and the bad calls are accidental and not on purpose.

if there is a purposeful bad call at the end of a game then yes it does affect the entire series. it could be possible even that every time Team A gets momentum, the dirty ref makes a call to stop it. A ref could have A TON of power to decide the game if he really wanted to. Its as simple as calling 2 or 3 touch fouls on a teams best player to get them out of the game.

Pretty sure the thread was about one call. Not a crooked ref making a series of momentum killing and series altering terrible calls.

Obviously that would change the outcome.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #15
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane
Yes and have been for the past 13 months

hilarious. If the Mavs had made one more three point shot, one more defensive rebound, one less turnover, they would have won game 3 and gone on to win the NBA championship.

I can't believe this is still up for discussion, ESPECIALLY after they choked out big-time in the FIRST ROUND against the warriors.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: