Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #16
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: If crooked ref is Bennete Salvador, I demand a title for the Mavs

We're all with you man. Except Mavericks fans and their army of Mark Cuban lead conspiracy theorists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
hilarious. If the Mavs had made one more three point shot, one more defensive rebound, one less turnover, they would have won game 3 and gone on to win the NBA championship.

I can't believe this is still up for discussion, ESPECIALLY after they choked out big-time in the FIRST ROUND against the warriors.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #17
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Pretty sure the thread was about one call. Not a crooked ref making a series of momentum killing and series altering terrible calls.

Obviously that would change the outcome.

yes the second half of what i was saying went off on tangent, but one call defiantly could affect the entire series if made at the the right time or on the right player.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #18
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

This situation is bruatal. Every single fan has had a game changing call made against them by every single ref. If extrapolated, every one of those calls/games could be season changers.

If we entertain any argument for "gypped by the crooked ref" we have to allow them all.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #19
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
hilarious. If the Mavs had made one more three point shot, one more defensive rebound, one less turnover, they would have won game 3 and gone on to win the NBA championship.

I can't believe this is still up for discussion, ESPECIALLY after they choked out big-time in the FIRST ROUND against the warriors.

if a refs that was doing the Finals ends up being crooked and was dictating games for personal gain how does that NOT throw every game he participated in into question?

At this point I dont even care about the Mavs, I want to know how deep it goes.

The NBA is already an L that has a very negative perception of its refs for crap that has been tolerated for years such as superstar Jordan calls, rooks having to "pay their dues" and Stern being a prickly ass every time bad calls are rightly called out by coaches, players and owners. Just this past allstar game he was crowing how there was no issue with refs being dirty, the NBA had them under control and a team in Vegas would be a-ok. This completely destroys all of that. The games integrity is now in question and if this is true it will take decades for the L to recover.

again, if this guy was reffing int he Finals and playoffs then this is a HUGE deal.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #20
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Somehow, someway, i'm hoping this gets Stern fired or resigned.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Guys, it's been over a year now. Please, stop whining. It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you, and I've never even been to the city of Dallas.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #22
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Guys, it's been over a year now. Please, stop whining. It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you, and I've never even been to the city of Dallas.

Try living here.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:42 PM   #23
proof
Banned

proof has an OK reputation so far

It was Tim Donaghy.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #24
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #25
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSV-pWSPnqU
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #26
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane
He single handedly turned around that series for the heat with that terrible foul call on Wade for less than 1 second left.

There were definitely crooked Laker refs in the turn of the century. The top 25-35 worst reffed playoff games all favored the Lakers. Does this mean the Shaq ERA Lakers have to give back their 3 championships? Be realistic. :rollingeyes:
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #27
Selenium
Good High School Starter

Selenium is considered somewhat coolSelenium is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas

Before I even click on that, I'm just going to go ahead and guess it's the "phantom call on Wade, OMGHOLYCRAPCONSPIRACYTHEORYWEGOTROBBED!!!". Will check it now and edit if wrong.

Edit - Fail. Neat video though.

Last edited by Selenium : 07-20-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Selenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #28
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
1 Call does not make a 7 game series. At least I hope.
much more than 1 call...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydhtOSlfW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk

those are just a couple of the ridiculous fouls called in that series

the Mavs were not allowed to play defense
Old 07-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #29
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

That was a B.S. series and I'm not even a Mavs fan, I hate the Mavs, but they got jipped in that series. How the hell are you supposed to play defense if you can't even fart within five feet of a player.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 07-20-2007 at 08:15 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
That was a B.S. series and I'm not even a Mavs fan, I hate the Mavs, but they got jipped in that series. How the hell are you supposed to pay defense if you can't even fart within five feet of a player.
thank you
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: