Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Luis Scola and the Houston Rockets

Has Scola signed with the Rockets and/or figured out a buyout from his European team? I know that the Spurs traded his rights, but I'm not sure if everything actually went through.

To prove this isn't a rockets-hating thread..... Aaron Brooks for ROY
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Luis Scola and the Houston Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Has Scola signed with the Rockets and/or figured out a buyout from his European team? I know that the Spurs traded his rights, but I'm not sure if everything actually went through.

To prove this isn't a rockets-hating thread..... Aaron Brooks for ROY

Well he is here in Houston practicing in their facility and their jersey. He already had the conference introducing him to the fans.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
Well he is here in Houston practicing in their facility and their jersey. He already had the conference introducing him to the fans.

Question wasn't answered.

Did they negotiate a buyout with his European team and has he signed with the Rockets?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

From http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2940183

"Though Scola has signed with the Rockets, his contract will not be effective until they complete the buyout of his contract with Tau Ceramica."

So he's not a Rocket yet. Though I can't imagine the Rockets not buying him out, unless TAU asks for something crazy like $15 million again.

So he will probably officially be a Rocket pretty soon.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #5
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Another Rockets thread???
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
From http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2940183

"Though Scola has signed with the Rockets, his contract will not be effective until they complete the buyout of his contract with Tau Ceramica."

So he's not a Rocket yet. Though I can't imagine the Rockets not buying him out, unless TAU asks for something crazy like $15 million again.

So he will probably officially be a Rocket pretty soon.

Thanks. Couple more quesitons for people that are familiar with his game: Is he more offensively or defensively oriented? Does he play in the low post, high post, or more in the midrange ala KG? How is his offensive/defensive rebounding? NBA comparison?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Another Rockets thread???

no its a Luis Scola thread... all this talk of trading Alston, the addition of Franchise, etc, got me thinking about the glaring hole that emerged when they traded Juwan Howard.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #8
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Thanks. Couple more quesitons for people that are familiar with his game: Is he more offensively or defensively oriented? Does he play in the low post, high post, or more in the midrange ala KG? How is his offensive/defensive rebounding? NBA comparison?

He started playing low post and added a jumpshot over the years. He is also a hustle type player, not a great rebounder which the Rockets do not need. But he should be ok in the rebounding deparment. He will be bought out though, his team can't stop him if he pays. They are just negotiating the terms a bit to find common ground. And I think the team is asking for around 3 million or something, not too bad. Scola will pay that himself.

Last edited by Xsatyr : 07-20-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
He started playing low post and added a jumpshot over the years. He is also a hustly type player, not a great rebounder which the Rockets do not need. He will be bought out, his team can't stop him if he pays. They are just negotiating the terms a bit to find common ground.

kind of like an Oberto-esque kind of Euro big man?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #10
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
kind of like an Oberto-esque kind of Euro big man?

If you ask anyone with knowledge of International players,they will tell you he is better. Spurs fans will tell you that as well. He is said the be the best pf not playing in the NBA which is probably true. That is why many Rockets fans are optimistic even though he has not played in the NBA. Plus the success of other players like Oberto and Manu makes us feel better.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:42 PM   #11
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

What I've seen of Scola he seems a lot more agile and athletic than Oberto. I am really excited about having him. I just hope he's not real soft like most international players, we need someone who will bang in the middle, grab rebounds...

We don't really need anymore scorers we got plenty..thats why I want the Foster for Alston good rebounder
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

Oberto more of a defensive player Scola is much better on offense.
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #13
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
Oberto more of a defensive player Scola is much better on offense.

Who do you think is better overall? Seriously I don't know, I just figured Scola bc I was reading a spurstalk forum and most thought Scola was better.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #14
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Who do you think is better overall? Seriously I don't know, I just figured Scola bc I was reading a spurstalk forum and most thought Scola was better.
Scola he is better than Oberto in Argentina so probably will be in the nba.
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #15
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
Scola he is better than Oberto in Argentina so probably will be in the nba.

Okay cool thx, hopefully he can adjust to the NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: