Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-13-2006, 02:39 AM   #1
alwiap
Can barely lace up my sneakers

alwiap has an OK reputation so far
Default what do you think the pistons will do this season

with all due respect, yadda yadda. enough about ben wallace going, etc, where do YOU see the pistons going next season?

personally, i think they will make it only to the eastern finals again, and it hurts me to say that being a detroit native and fan, but that's what i think.

i look at it this way: you have the following contenders in the east with these problems:

miami: shaq has seen better days but can still dominate when he wants to, its virtually impossible to shut down d.wade 4 quarters in a game, riley has a full season with them, and give them their credit for winning the championship.

chicago: taking ben from the pistons makes everyone besides the pistons happier, and they now have a force and maturity inside with outstanding perimeter shooting.

cleveland: lebron is incredible, but i give them 2 or 3 more years to get the puzzle in place and then i'll hop on the bandwagon.

honestly, the other teams in the east i don't think can add up to this trio of chi, miami, and d-town being the best of the east.

but optimistically, from a detroit fan view, it COULD be possible that:

1. the pistons don't lose much of their core per say, and our chemistry is more or less fine with 4 starters and dice coming off the bench like he does.
2. mohammed, who averages around 7 points and 6 boards, who is turning 30, could have a decent year and chip in 10 and 10 to replace big ben. not to mention his FT% is .660 overall, which compared to ben is pretty damn good.
3. i still don't believe we have seen the monster inside Tay. i think he has to become THE option in crunchtime etc. to create his own shot. if he has a huge year, which i hope and think he will, people might forget about the doubts that will come into this season.

but realistically i dont all of these things will necessarily happen, which makes me guess that we will again be cut short of the finals in game 5 or 6.
alwiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
chestervision
I Hit Open Layups

chestervision has an OK reputation so far
Default Pistons in Eastern Finals

Very likely the Pistons will be in the Eastern Finals against Miami or maybe even Chicago. While Ben Wallace is great player, his leaving the Pistons won't hurt as much as most people would think. Nazr is a decent replacement.
chestervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
AndDru1

AndDru1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Come on...

Pistons are a 1 and done when it comes to the playoffs next year. No way they get past the 2nd round. I loved the Pistons before they're recent winning days, and thats why I can say that No Larry and No Big Ben = no championships. Unless you get a suitable replacement for Ben or you get players that fit Flip's system, which IDK who that would be since KG didn't fit and apparently Ben doesn't fit either.
AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Detroit will be the 5th or 6th best team in the Eastern Conference next year.

Miami, Cleveland, New Jersey and Chicago will definitely be better. Indiana might be better.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
alwiap

alwiap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11

Miami, Cleveland, New Jersey and Chicago will definitely be better. Indiana might be better.

reasons?
alwiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
RC BUFORD

RC BUFORD has an OK reputation so far
Default Nazr is not the answer

Hey Piston fans. Nazr made it official, and signed with Detroit. We had him for the last year and half and I could tell you he is not your answer. I think Detroit overpaid for a less than average center. This guy can't catch a basketball without bobbling it first. He doesn't have a decent shot. The only offense he has is when he slams it and that only comes when he is under the basket all by himself. He has this habit of pump faking 10 times before he really goes up with the ball. Look, I know he has size and that makes the difference on the defense, but replacing Wallace with Nazr. Now I know there isn't a great crop of centers out there (just ask the Spurs), But committing to Nazr for 5 years is ridicules. I'm glad Nazr left. I rather have a Jackie Butler or a Francisco Elson for a lot less money and commitment. I think you can get the same production out of these two guys that you would get out of Nazr. I'll give Piston fans 2 years, before they start demanding Nazr to be traded.
RC BUFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
turdfurgeson

turdfurgeson has an OK reputation so far

Pistons will finish as one of the top three seeds in the East and have a chance at a title.

In case nobody watched the finals or the rest of the playoffs, the game is no longer about interior defense (which is what Ben mostly provided), its about leaning into the defender and getting two free throws.

If Billups, Hammilton and Prince use their quickness to slash more, instead of taking so many jumpers, this team could go far. Plus Flip said he hasn't even used half of his playbook yet.
turdfurgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #8
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

Detroit is still strong at all the other positions, IMO a Couple Big Bodies at Center to rotate and provide strong play will keep Detroit in the thick of things for awhile.
Nazr can give you some offense and some decent defense, but he can wear down physically during the final minutes of the game after banging with the bigger centers in the league........plus he may drive you guys crazy with his 'Jump Hooks" when he can't them to fall

But Detroit will be Just fine, hopefully we'll see a classic Knicks/ Pistons series in the playoffs this year if my boys get it together quickly and play some strong ball !
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:24 AM   #9
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

We will continue to make it to the East Finals untils we trade for a decent Center....

any possible trades?

eg. Nazr and first round pick for someone??
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #10
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

hey guys i can hit open 5 footers
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
RobRot

RobRot has an OK reputation so far

I think Pistons will beat the Pacers, Bulls and Heat in the East and fall to the Mavs in the Finals.
RobRot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:16 AM   #12
TurkeyStraightUp
I hit open 5-footers

TurkeyStraightUp has decent reputation
Default Re: what do you think the pistons will do this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11

Gotta love predicitons.......
TurkeyStraightUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: