Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

leopoldotoribio has an OK reputation so far
Default why not having no PG????

we have been debating about how our point guards will play... and it seems that our PG are bad... why not we do not use a point guard just like what the bulls did. they had harper at point. so the line up will be

C-brown
PF-odom
SF-radman
SG-kobe
PG-evans(good defender but i am not sure about his ball handling skills,shooting ability and slashing to the basket)
leopoldotoribio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

or trade mihm for jamal crawford and he will play harpers role with the bulls. agree???????
Old 07-13-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's why:

1) Need a defensive stopper (or at least better than last year) at the 1. This will help in the opposing guard penetration issues the Lakers have which gets their bigs into foul problems often or gets easy points for our opponents. Evans cannot keep up with a quick guard.

2) Kobe cannot own ball handling duties... I will wear him out.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

harper-jordan-pippen helped each other bring tha ball on offense and also helped each other on defense....

can't evans/crawford(trade with mihm)-kobe-odom do the same????????
Old 07-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldotoribio
or trade mihm for jamal crawford and he will play harpers role with the bulls. agree???????
Crawford shoots the ball to much and I havnt heard anything about his defense, plus his salary is mucho deniro. The Lakers need a Pg to avg 12 pts and 6 assists and be a major factor on defense. I still think if Profit is healthy he could play that role in a Ron Harper fashion. Other names that come to mind. Tinsley, Anthony Johnson, Deshawn Stevenson, Smush if he finally would beilieve he belongs in the NBA. His getting steals wasnt a problem it was his team defense and stoping dribble penetration. I still think Farmer is a dark horse who is playing better ball than what smush played last years summer league,it been only 3 games but look at his numbers not bad for a 19 year old. ( of course I cant forget the Laker favorite Marcus Banks, that situation has become quite!)
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Here's why:

1) Need a defensive stopper (or at least better than last year) at the 1. This will help in the opposing guard penetration issues the Lakers have which gets their bigs into foul problems often or gets easy points for our opponents. Evans cannot keep up with a quick guard.

2) Kobe cannot own ball handling duties... I will wear him out.

I totally agree...theres no way this will work with Kobe at point. Kobe needs the ball swung to him...if he's doing the majority of the ball handling, then the offense will become stagnant an everyone will just watch kobe try to fight through 3 defenders...he's not in his early 20/s anymore too...cant ask him to do everything...everyone thinks the pg situation is not a big deal...it was last year when we ha no D to stop nash...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

No way...Harper is a quite differetn player than crawford. Crawford is purely a scorer...he is not a facilitator...and he is not that good at D...Harper played more of a facilitator, defensive role...a perfect complemement to MJ and Pip...and plus Brian Grants contract is finally ending this season...why get another long term contract and have no cap flexibility?....
Old 07-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

i think Smush will do a good job this year and apparantly so do the Lakers, as they have not found a replacement. If you think about it, Smush has developed nicely as last year was his first true full season. He had flashes where he looked liked an all star, although he did disappear at times. With trying to become acclimated to the NBA, the competition, the schedule, and trying to learn the triangle, thats a lot for some one who basically had rookies experience last year. This year he will be more experienced and know the triangle even better, which will in turn translate into him being more comfortable and confident. He has good ball handling abilities, can bring it to the hole, and shoots fairly well at times. With more experience he will be a very good player. His defense was pretty tenacious at times last year. He forced a lot of turnovers and if you watched Lakers games last year you would know it wasnt rare for him to just straight up strip the opposing guard for the ball. He has a lot of upside and is very athletic. I think he is much better than Marcus Banks as well as Shammond Williams. He will be better this year. Remember, he was just thrown into the starting spot last year. Thats a lot of pressure, but he handled as well as someone in his position could. I think we will see a better, more determined and confident Smush this year.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverThizz
i think Smush will do a good job this year and apparantly so do the Lakers, as they have not found a replacement. If you think about it, Smush has developed nicely as last year was his first true full season. He had flashes where he looked liked an all star, although he did disappear at times. With trying to become acclimated to the NBA, the competition, the schedule, and trying to learn the triangle, thats a lot for some one who basically had rookies experience last year. This year he will be more experienced and know the triangle even better, which will in turn translate into him being more comfortable and confident. He has good ball handling abilities, can bring it to the hole, and shoots fairly well at times. With more experience he will be a very good player. His defense was pretty tenacious at times last year. He forced a lot of turnovers and if you watched Lakers games last year you would know it wasnt rare for him to just straight up strip the opposing guard for the ball. He has a lot of upside and is very athletic. I think he is much better than Marcus Banks as well as Shammond Williams. He will be better this year. Remember, he was just thrown into the starting spot last year. Thats a lot of pressure, but he handled as well as someone in his position could. I think we will see a better, more determined and confident Smush this year.

I agree that smush was an excellent surprise for the Lakers last year...he performed well in a starting role witht he triangle...i wouldnt go as far as saying he was much of a defender though. He is a very deceiving defensive player. He will get those strips and fast break for a dunk...but that is only becasue he takes chances on the defensive end. He will go for those steals and get them sometimes but most of the time he will miss and his opponent is driving down the lane for and open lay or to be fouled...make no mistake about it...i think smush has come along very nicely...but i think we need a defensive minded point to share time with him. He is not a very good stand up defender...he gets his steals by taking chances...and that is not always the best way to defend...as seen in the playoffs...
Old 07-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverThizz
I must say I saw Smush early in the year strip Steve Nash 2 times in about a 3 minute span,when it comes to that knowbody can do it better
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams
I must say I saw Smush early in the year strip Steve Nash 2 times in about a 3 minute span,when it comes to that knowbody can do it better

again its becasue he takes chances and sometimes gets away with the steals...id rather have a solid straightup defender than one who gets a few steals but gets burned when he misses those steals...it may look nice when he steals and goes for that dunk...but its not the sign of a great defender...no knock to smush though cuz i think he was great last year...i just think we should get better at the point
Old 07-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Word
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
we have been debating about how our point guards will play... and it seems that our PG are bad... why not we do not use a point guard just like what the bulls did. they had harper at point. so the line up will be

C-brown
PF-odom
SF-radman
SG-kobe
PG-evans(good defender but i am not sure about his ball handling skills,shooting ability and slashing to the basket)

maurice evans cant play PG. he has no skill AT ALL. he cant shoot or anything, but i guess he was better than that guy we traded to the pistons.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
maurice evans cant play PG. he has no skill AT ALL. he cant shoot or anything, but i guess he was better than that guy we traded to the pistons.

WTF???

hes a great 3 pt shooter
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:40 AM   #15
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24

I bet you maurice evans will be the big surprise of the year for the lakers...hes strong and athletic and can finish in the lane...i saw him play a significant role witht the kings a few years ago and he was very impressive...i think he will be our top perimeter defender as well...he will playa significant role with them the lakers this year...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: