Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Moose

Default Steve Francis Returns to the Rockets

Quote:
Steve Francis to return to Rockets
Three-time All-Star picks former team over Heat, Mavs and Clippers

Former Rockets guard Steve Francis is about to be future Rockets guard Steve Francis.

Francis chose the Rockets over the Heat, Mavericks and Clippers, his agent Jeff Fried said on Thursday.

"I just hung up with Daryl (Morey, the Rockets general manager)," Fried said. "He is dealing with facilitating the contract.

"It's a combination of a variety of factors including the fit with the team, a comfortableness with the organization and a familiarity with the surroundings. He has a home in Houston. In so many ways, it has remained his home, despite some interim stops, Orlando and New York.

"For Steve, it's coming home."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4982185.html
Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
HTOWN AL 420
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HTOWN AL 420 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Francis Returns to the Rockets

lets hope that none of the games coincide with the superbowl, and also hope that stevie can accept his bench role
HTOWN AL 420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTOWN AL 420
lets hope that none of the games coincide with the superbowl, and also hope that stevie can accept his bench role

Whois gonna stare ahead of him? James?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Is Houston trying to have as many overpaid, reasonably solid PGs on a roster as possible. Rafer, Francis, James. They also have Snyder I think, Bonzi, Head....TMAC...all capable of playing SG. More then one of those guys is going to get VERY low mins and not be happy. Perhaps there will be a move to acquire a big to team with Scola, Butler, Yao, Mutombo. Hayes up front. Houston's roster is pretty stacked, hopefully people accept their roles.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Perhaps now your FO would consider trading Head to LA?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

i think there's going to be a trade for a PF because we have way too many guards.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

I expect Francis will be much better than he has been. Bonzi will be better with Van Gundy gone. Scola is a great addition to play PF. Yao and T-Mac are Yao and T-Mac... I'm already markin' Houston down in the Western Conf Finals (at least).

But ya, y'all should throw Mike James and his contract out for a frontcourt player. Heck, maybe y'all could throw some people at Cleveland for Varejao or Gooden, lord knows they need a PG.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
t-mac#1
I hit open layups

t-mac#1 has an OK reputation so far

We can keep Mike James, Aaron Brooks, and Steve Francis. They already said they will get rid of JL3. We then trade Rafer for Miami's PF Haslem, Cleavland's Gooden or Varejo.
t-mac#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #9
UMDRox

UMDRox has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTOWN AL 420

If he is healthy, he is the starter. When he got healthy towards the end of last season, he was playing really well. James is better suited to come off the bench and score. James is a spark plug.

I hope they get rid of Rafer and JL3.
UMDRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:28 AM   #10
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Thumbs up Re: Steve Francis Returns to the Rockets

is this team deep now?? we have bonzi coming off the bench and now mike james or francis??
Old 07-20-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
is this team deep now?? we have bonzi coming off the bench and now mike james or francis??
Stevie should come off the bench behond Mac.

Mike Jackson/Skip/Aaron
Mac/Franchise/Kirk
Shane Battery/Bonzi
Chuck/Scola
Yao/Deke
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:01 AM   #12
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Mike Jackson/Skip/Aaron
Mac/Franchise/Kirk
Shane Battery/Bonzi
Chuck/Scola
Yao/Deke

thats what i was thinking, but......

where's luther???
Old 07-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #13
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Now, why we got James, we don't need 3 pgs, we need a pf. Ship James away for a pf. And hope Francis gets some love in his old team.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #14
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Mike Jackson/Skip/Aaron
Mac/Franchise/Kirk
Shane Battery/Bonzi
Chuck/Scola
Yao/Deke

FRANCIS IS NOT A SG IF YOU PUT HIM AT THE 2 FRANCIS IS UNDERSIZE AND AVERAGE REBOUNDER IF YOU PUT HIM AT THE 1 FRANCIS HAS GOOD SIZE FOR A POINT GUARD AND IS AN EXCELLECNT REBOUNDER FOR A 1 I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A TRADE FOR A BETTER 4 THAN CHUCK HAYES AND A BETTER 2 THAN LUTHER HEAD PLAYERS LIKE KYLE KORVER AND VAREJAO. PLAYERS WE CAN TRADE HEAD ALSTON SNYDER NOVAK SURAS CONTRACT LUCAS BUTLER HAYES

1 FRANCIS JAMES BROOKS
2 MCGRADY KORVER
3 BATTIER WELLS
4 SCOLA VAREJAO
5 YAO MOTUMBO

Last edited by CAYO : 07-20-2007 at 03:15 PM.
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #15
UMDRox

UMDRox has an OK reputation so far

James is a good player to come off the bench. Adelman want James to play like Bobby Jackson in Sac. Last year, Houston bench was not good and this year, we have two capable players (Bonzi and James) coming off the bench to score. I really hope people don't throw out Brooks as a possible starter b/c it's not reasonable to expect a late draft pick who is an undersized PG to play as a starter from day one. I thinks Brooks will be okay eventually and he may be a decent contributor off the bench this year. Also, Brooks will need to learn that he isn't the first, second or may not even be the third option on offense.
UMDRox is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: