Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-08-2006, 11:52 AM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

You're a fan of Jersey, right?

They have NO POST PRESENCE EITHER.

If you bring up Nanonads I'm gonna laugh in your e-face, because he's a jumpshooting big man.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #17
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
no offensive post presence will destroy you, guarenteed...

Yeah, cuz all the other Bulls dynasties were founded on a strong offensive post presence...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #18
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

The Bulls had Michael, one of the best post players in the league during his time.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #19
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
So many Bulls fans have all of a sudden become so arrogant and retarded just because of Ben Wallace. The way you make it sound, it's like if you don't win the title this year, the season will be a complete failure...

All I ask is why are New Jersey fans so concerned?

JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #20
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
The Bulls had Michael, one of the best post players in the league during his time.

yeah...michael was the best at everything.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #21
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Quote:

I meant big guys in the post, but you are correct. Don't forget about Scottie either, he was pretty good down there too.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:02 AM   #22
INFINITY2152
Can barely lace up my sneakers

INFINITY2152 has an OK reputation so far
Default Why are you here?

First off, why someone would come to a Bulls forum and not expect people to support the Bulls is unbelievable. Second, where was Detroit's post presence when they beat the Kobe, Shaq, Karl Malone Lakers for the championship? They had the same center we have and a jump-shooting (3 point shooting) power forward. Tyrus Thomas, Deng, Nocioni and Sweetney will score some in the post, as will Ben Wallace. Wallace averages around 8, all in the post, Sweetney will score 8-10, and who knows what Tyrus Thomas will bring to the table. Not to mention the fact that most teams would LOVE to have power forwards like Malik Allen and Krypha, who can stretch the defense, making it easier for guard penetration. Our championship years, neither our power forwards or centers made a significant impact on the scoring side. The Bulls have plenty of people who can put up points, who cares if they come from inside or out? Their free throw percentage probably hurts them more than inability to score in the post. The Suns won 54 games last year with Amare out the whole season, and NO post presence at all (Tim Thomas? Please!) and the Bulls have plenty of three point shooters to help make up the difference (Gordon 43%, Nocioni 39%-(47% in the playoffs), Duhon 40%). But Nenad Kristic will save the Nets? Hah!
INFINITY2152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:08 AM   #23
Ben mc
I brick open layups

Ben mc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Murder
Why did the Bulls trade JR Smith...? I wanted to see him flourish there..now I have to watch Denver games...and I HATE Carmelo Anthony.

:rollingeyes:

keep hating, it only makes him stronger.

Bulls have every right to be excited and confident, but not arrogant.. in the MJ days they were allowed to arrogant because they backed it up.
This year looks good though, at least for now.
Ben mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #24
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFINITY2152
First off, why someone would come to a Bulls forum and not expect people to support the Bulls is unbelievable. Second, where was Detroit's post presence when they beat the Kobe, Shaq, Karl Malone Lakers for the championship? They had the same center we have and a jump-shooting (3 point shooting) power forward. Tyrus Thomas, Deng, Nocioni and Sweetney will score some in the post, as will Ben Wallace. Wallace averages around 8, all in the post, Sweetney will score 8-10, and who knows what Tyrus Thomas will bring to the table. Not to mention the fact that most teams would LOVE to have power forwards like Malik Allen and Krypha, who can stretch the defense, making it easier for guard penetration. Our championship years, neither our power forwards or centers made a significant impact on the scoring side. The Bulls have plenty of people who can put up points, who cares if they come from inside or out? Their free throw percentage probably hurts them more than inability to score in the post. The Suns won 54 games last year with Amare out the whole season, and NO post presence at all (Tim Thomas? Please!) and the Bulls have plenty of three point shooters to help make up the difference (Gordon 43%, Nocioni 39%-(47% in the playoffs), Duhon 40%). But Nenad Kristic will save the Nets? Hah!
1. of course criticism was expected, I'd be stupid if I didn't expect it, I am merely airing my opinion

2. Their offensive post presence went by the name of Rasheed Wallace, who can hit a jumper from anywhere on the court, not to mention post up

3. Thomas is a guy who is a good defender and will have a tough time scoring at first, nocioni and deng are SF, sweetney is a fat slob

4. The Bulls will put up points, but when they get stacked on outside, they're done
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #25
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
You're a fan of Jersey, right?

They have NO POST PRESENCE EITHER.

If you bring up Nanonads I'm gonna laugh in your e-face, because he's a jumpshooting big man.
Jason Collins,

Nenad, who is a top 5 offenseive center in the game, with disgusting post moves, jump shot, and fast break ability, in case you didn't know. You can laugh all you want, but when he makes the allstar team, you'll be crying...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #26
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Jason Collins,

Nenad, who is a top 5 offenseive center in the game, with disgusting post moves, jump shot, and fast break ability, in case you didn't know. You can laugh all you want, but when he makes the allstar team, you'll be crying...
You're right he probably will make the all star team. Kinda like Zydrundas. European centers on the all star team.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #27
taurus515th

taurus515th has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
So many Bulls fans have all of a sudden become so arrogant and retarded just because of Ben Wallace. The way you make it sound, it's like if you don't win the title this year, the season will be a complete failure...

Well thats just wut it sounds to u. If i can recall how a lot of fans for other teams seem to be that way. One team it was last season was the Miami Heat. When Pat Riley took over as coach, he made this team and if he could not get them all the way it would have been a disappontment. I think the Bulls have a right to be a little arrogant mostly every team that has made it to the playoffs 2 or more feel they can make it all the way. You have been arrogant when u said the Nets will have a better record then the Bulls and if they dont i will b dumbfounded well that just another way of being arrogant/cocky.

The reason y people seem to b this way is because u come on our forum and say yall cant go all the way because we dont have a post-player which we do have one named Michael Sweetney. The only reason to me his stats are lower than Kristic is because Kristic has played more minutes, more games, is n shape, and is a little better . Not trying to say nothing bad about Kristic because he WILL be a very very good post-player, their is no doubt n my mind about that.

Having a post-player or u wont win a Championship to me is kind of a just a stupid sterotype n my opinion. To me everyone uses that because they do not want to believe that defense wins games and not offense. For the past years, teams have won championships because they have a player that is unguardable, a good bench, plays defense, plays basketball the correct way, and sometimes the refs were on their side.

Now on this to me the Lakers won because they had Shaq who is unguardable so thats 15+ a game no matter wut, and its hard for refs to give him fouls because it hard 4 them to tell and mostly the fouls went to his opponent. The Spurs won because they play basketball the correct way, have a good bench, play defense. The Pistons won because of the same reasons i said the Spurs won. Miami won because they had Shaq, and the same reason i said 4 the Lakers and also had a little help from the refs.

Dont get me wrong i would like to have another post-player because i feel Michael Sweetney might get traded. This off-season isnt over ZHAKIDD, Paxson can still get one and also if u havent been looking at Bulls rumors Paxson said himself that he is still looking 4 frontcourt help.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #28
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

Quote:
Jason Collins,

Clear that delusional smoke from your face.

You name Collins as a presence & Ben is 10X the presence he is. Nanonads can shoot, but to say he has super post moves is pure homerism. I mean, this guy might have an over the shoulder baby hook on occasion, but so do the other 150 post players in the NBA.

He doesn't board, he doesn't demand a double, his passing skills are above average, but not spectacular. Not to mention nobody driving the lane is scared of him, so he's not helping out in that area.

He's not making any All-Star games in the next few years. He would have to make it over players like:

Oden
Howard
Bosh
Shaq
Ben Wallace
Rasheed Wallace
Webber
Curry
JO
Bogut
Emeka

Some of those players will either retire or their level of play will decrease in the coming years, but there are six players on that list that are young, and are/will be better players than nonads. Who knows what other post players come in the league, or which ones develop.

Basically, he might make an all-star team if one or more of those young guys get injured for a long time. However, at the end of the day he won't make the all-star game based on his performance, moreso the misforture of another big-man.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #29
thabelosha

thabelosha has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
if you really, really think you have a shot, then I'd just like to ask you just 1 question. Where are you gettin you're drugs from, cause they must be good...

no offensive post presence will destroy you, guarenteed...

Yeah i totally agree, because you know Tyson Chandler was really a big post presence in the 05-06 season, we are going to be dead without his amazing post moves and ability to *catch* and finish close to the rim.

i am sorry buy we havent had a post presence in the past 2 years and we still made the playoffs eachtime and CHALLENGED our oppenents to game 6's and game 7s. I am not saying we are going to go 82-0 and that post presence isnt a problem of ours. It is, but we over come this weakness by playin great D, running to floor, getting fast break points.

Overall these things will equalize our low post weakness.
thabelosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #30
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabelosha
Yeah i totally agree, because you know Tyson Chandler was really a big post presence in the 05-06 season, we are going to be dead without his amazing post moves and ability to *catch* and finish close to the rim.

i am sorry buy we havent had a post presence in the past 2 years and we still made the playoffs eachtime and CHALLENGED our oppenents to game 6's and game 7s. I am not saying we are going to go 82-0 and that post presence isnt a problem of ours. It is, but we over come this weakness by playin great D, running to floor, getting fast break points.

Overall these things will equalize our low post weakness.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: