Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,762
Default Note: For all the THIS GAME WAS RIGGED POSTS...

If you are going to say a game was rigged, please have some anecdotal data available. He was not betting on who wins, no one does. Its spreads, or more likely its being reported as over/unders. So if you are saying the game was rigged because THE HEAT WON or something like that, it makes no sense under the conditions listed as what he was most likely betting on.

Plus posts like THIS PROVES THE MAVS FINALS WAS RIGGED, it doesn't. He didnt work any of those games, and even if he did, it doesn't fit the parameters listed.

I know he fixed games, but none of you know which, stop pretending you do.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Note: For all the THIS GAME WAS RIGGED POSTS...

Yes, idiots. The crooked refs didn't determine the outcome of the game, they only bet on point totals. Lets say they bet on both teams scoring 110+ each. If the score is 90-90 with 9 minutes left in the 4th, the crooked refs will call some ticky-tack fouls, put both teams in the bonus, and have a high scoring free-throw parade. Eventually both teams will get over the total amount that the ref bet on, and he'll call the game regularly. This may have determined the outcome of 1 out of 100 games, it didn't change series', or determine the NBA champion, lets be real.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
joe
College superstar
 
joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,412
Default Re: Note: For all the THIS GAME WAS RIGGED POSTS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Yes, idiots. The crooked refs didn't determine the outcome of the game, they only bet on point totals. Lets say they bet on both teams scoring 110+ each. If the score is 90-90 with 9 minutes left in the 4th, the crooked refs will call some ticky-tack fouls, put both teams in the bonus, and have a high scoring free-throw parade. Eventually both teams will get over the total amount that the ref bet on, and he'll call the game regularly. This may have determined the outcome of 1 out of 100 games, it didn't change series', or determine the NBA champion, lets be real.

Yes it did.

If his Cronies put money on the Maverics to win by 2, and the other team was up 5 with a few minutes to go, who do you think is getting all the free-throws?

1 out of 100 games? yeah right.

Im sure some of the bets were on point totals, "Both teams go over 110 points," but others were on point differential. In those cases he decided the winner before the game even started. And im sure it happened more than 1 out of 100 times.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #4
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,762
Default Re: Note: For all the THIS GAME WAS RIGGED POSTS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
Yes it did.

If his Cronies put money on the Maverics to win by 2, and the other team was up 5 with a few minutes to go, who do you think is getting all the free-throws?

1 out of 100 games? yeah right.

Im sure some of the bets were on point totals, "Both teams go over 110 points," but others were on point differential. In those cases he decided the winner before the game even started. And im sure it happened more than 1 out of 100 times.

my point is actually we DONT know what games were affected, and you cant judge it just by looking at a score, or for bad calls. you need to see how the line moved, what he bet on etc. to be honest, you need to be told which games are affected.

all the "look at these 5 bad calls, this is a cheating game" posts are just speculation. and usually based on poor logic.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:41 AM   #5
joe
College superstar
 
joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,412
Default Re: Note: For all the THIS GAME WAS RIGGED POSTS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
my point is actually we DONT know what games were affected, and you cant judge it just by looking at a score, or for bad calls. you need to see how the line moved, what he bet on etc. to be honest, you need to be told which games are affected.

all the "look at these 5 bad calls, this is a cheating game" posts are just speculation. and usually based on poor logic.

i agree.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy