Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-25-2007, 12:39 AM   #31
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I think it may be time for Stern to step down...

Quote:
Stern should've stepped down in 1993.

I didn't follow basketball until 1994, so what did he do prior to that other than fixing the 1985 draft?

Quote:
He should be replaced by Bill Simmons or Mark Cuban.

You can't be serious, especially with the second name you mentioned.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:49 AM   #32
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

He probably should've stepped down after the strike season because that was the absolute worst time he could've allowed it to happen. The year after the biggest player in the game was gone, you allow what was essentially a retarded season and a black eye on the league instead of being able to promote young stars and the continuing surge of the league.

It was just a blessing Jackson went to the Lakers and they had their 3peat in that major market with the biggest star in the game or the league could've been essentially dead by now.

Stern's a stubborn assh*le and a control freak.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 AM   #33
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I never really had any issue with him up until the last couple of years. Most of the players I have heard talk highly of him, and he has done a lot of good for the game.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:10 AM   #34
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
He probably should've stepped down after the strike season because that was the absolute worst time he could've allowed it to happen. The year after the biggest player in the game was gone, you allow what was essentially a retarded season and a black eye on the league instead of being able to promote young stars and the continuing surge of the league.

It was just a blessing Jackson went to the Lakers and they had their 3peat in that major market with the biggest star in the game or the league could've been essentially dead by now.

Stern's a stubborn assh*le and a control freak.
this stupid poster sucks! and this is a favorite by some?

the biggest star you speak of was vouched and promoted by the very man you talk bad about now. no such player was groomed by the nba more than mj at their expense. no other home products were more dedicated to a specific player, not magic, not bird, no one at the time but mj. yes mj was bound to make it big on his own. but stern and the nba marketed him (and probably just solely him) through nba licensed vhs tapes, which up to this day and age, no other player got the same treatment. he has been the most visible nba player to non-fans because of the extravagant marketing.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:26 AM   #35
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
this stupid poster sucks! and this is a favorite by some?

the biggest star you speak of was vouched and promoted by the very man you talk bad about now. no such player was groomed by the nba more than mj at their expense. no other home products were more dedicated to a specific player, not magic, not bird, no one at the time but mj. yes mj was bound to make it big on his own. but stern and the nba marketed him (and probably just solely him) through nba licensed vhs tapes, which up to this day and age, no other player got the same treatment. he has been the most visible nba player to non-fans because of the extravagant marketing.
Well, it's easy to market a man that can fly.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #36
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

"Tim Donaghy will reportedly name as many as 20 refs involved with gambling. SI.com's Chris Mannix says that it's a situation that could be disastrous for both David Stern and the NBA."

This just keeps getting worse. Stern must be shaking in his boots with both anger and fear for losing his job.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #37
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
"Tim Donaghy will reportedly name as many as 20 refs involved with gambling. SI.com's Chris Mannix says that it's a situation that could be disastrous for both David Stern and the NBA."

This just keeps getting worse. Stern must be shaking in his boots with both anger and fear for losing his job.

20 officials is like 1/4 of the league, isn't it? Stern has to be ****ting his pants as we speak. He is in deep ****.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:53 PM   #38
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

He shouldn't step down.

It just will make the whole situation look worse. He should stay and rebuild the league back to a more stable place and then move aside.

But I don't think Stern is going to go out like that. If he had known what Donaghy was doing he would've stopped it immediately. He's not going to let a bad ref spoil everything that he's done over the last 20+ years.

You have to admit the NBA has grown a lot over the past 20 years.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #39
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
He shouldn't step down.

It just will make the whole situation look worse. He should stay and rebuild the league back to a more stable place and then move aside.

But I don't think Stern is going to go out like that. If he had known what Donaghy was doing he would've stopped it immediately. He's not going to let a bad ref spoil everything that he's done over the last 20+ years.

You have to admit the NBA has grown a lot over the past 20 years.

It has grown, but it's been **** since Jordan left. Stern does need to step down and I'm sure the government will get involved should this situation get even uglier.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:14 AM   #40
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller

+1 for that series and the kings best shot at a title *hugs bigboi*

but realistically, i think until the donaghy thing is settled i dont know that he should step down. i don't necessarily agree that he has taken the league completely the right way lately, but his intentions are good...the dress code and all the other stuff he has changed, i think, were changed with good intentions. whether or not it was the BEST thing for the league is debatable.

but look, the players and refs haven't exactly been helping him look good with the palace brawl, the latest nuggs knicks fight, the donaghy thing, the crawford/duncan thing...(the draft thing is debatable)

i say he hasn't done enough to warrant his stepping down/firing - it's just a series of very unfortunate events that happened to be under his watch.
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:44 AM   #41
ereed6
I brick open layups

ereed6 has an OK reputation so far

305, I was going to give you a stern(definitely no pun intended) censure for saying stern should step down. Because stern is working hard for the league and i really respect him but then you suggested my boy Bill and I take it back.
ereed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #42
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

david stern is an honest comissioner with no bad bone in his body. nice guys get taken over, that's his only fault. he is far from shady.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: