Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-21-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default date gone bad

So, for about the past month or so, I've been talking to this girl online. She lives about 2 hours away from me and I went to meet her for the first time last night. We have had long, detailed conversations about things that are important to us. I stated that sex on the first date is a HUGE turn off. I wasn't interested in traveling 2 hours for a "booty call." If I was that type of guy, I would get some here in my hometown as opposed to driving two hours to get it. I was legitimately interested in getting to know her. Sex can wait.

As we laid down in bed after a laid back evening of dinner and a movie, she started being really aggressive. She just blew the whole thing with her actions. She begged me to have sex with her, but I said no way. I am NOT going to have sex with someone on the first date, no chance in HELL. Overall, I feel the whole thing now is ruined. She didn't respect my desire to take things slow, and I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought I did.

Don't meet up with people you talk to online. Lesson learned.

Anyone got any success stories of meeting people online? Anyone gonna call me a liar, or any other names? Sure I'm gonna hear something........

I know that this might sound too much like the IHOP thread, but anyone who knows my style knows that I rarely, if EVER post stuff like this. Just had to get it off my chest.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 07-21-2007 at 09:42 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Default Re: date gone bad

I never been or most likely will never be involved in online dating.

Before she tried to have sex, did you already know it wasn't gonna work out?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

[quote=L.Kizzle]I never been or most likely will never be involved in online dating.

Before she tried to have sex, did you already know it wasn't gonna work out?[/QUOTE]

I really had no idea. She seemed pleasant enough. I like to take things slow and let them unfold. I felt like through our conversations online and on the phone, that I really knew what type of person she was. Guess not.........
Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

I met this fine indian chick that lives in london on another forum. Started talking and now we talk everyday on facebook. not really expecting anything, but she is hot.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #5
bomber
Good college starter

I have meet girls online twice. One was way too shy and wasn't much into socializing etc.

The other was a slut whom I had sex with.

Either way it wasn't that great.

But you should have hit it and split it because you knew it wasn't going to work and if you drove that long you should have got some.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #6
YAWN
NBA All-star

ohio chicks are sluts. i hooked up with some girl in columbus in the backseat of her car in a crowded parking lot.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

[quote=bomber]I have meet girls online twice. One was way too shy and wasn't much into socializing etc.

The other was a slut whom I had sex with.

Either way it wasn't that great.

But you should have hit it and split it because you knew it wasn't going to work and if you drove that long you should have got some.[/QUOTE]

Even if I wanted to, she had no condoms. She was wanting to have sex with NO CONDOMS present
Old 07-21-2007, 09:48 PM   #8
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

so she turned you off by wanting you to screw her on the first date? i think you might as well have. if she didn't meet your standards, at least you didn't have to date her again. i would have got mines to compensate for the 2 hour drive and put closure to the whole thing.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:50 PM   #9
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Last summer I woke up randomly to a text message from an unknown number that said "Hey, what's up?''

Of course, I wrote back and it turned out it was a girl roughly the same age as me. I asked her if she was hot, she confirmed, so we met up a week later at an ice cream shop. She was pretty cute but dumb as rocks so nothing really came of it, it was still pretty exciting how it all happened though.

And to answer any questions, my cell number ends in 1755 and she said she was trying to text 1775. I didn't (and still don't) believe that, but hey, if a girl is that desperate and ballsy that she'll ask around to get my number to text me, I might as well give her a chance.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #10
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
so she turned you off by wanting you to screw her on the first date? i think you might as well have. if she didn't meet your standards, at least you didn't have to date her again. i would have got mines to compensate for the 2 hour drive and put closure to the whole thing.

He said she didn't have condoms. Sex on the first date isn't exactly praised, but sex in this day and age without condoms, .
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:

Yes. Someone who wants to have sex with me on the first date is not the type of person I'm after. To me, it says that they don't even like me. It's just the sex their after, and it it's not me their giving it to them, then it could be any other random guy. I believe in starting things out slow and letting them unfold in a natural process.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:54 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
He said she didn't have condoms. Sex on the first date isn't exactly praised, but sex in this day and age without condoms, .
Yeah sex with the rubbs is a NO NO, but handome is fine.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #13
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

even if you don't meet the right ones, you can still have casual sex.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:03 PM   #14
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
even if you don't meet the right ones, you can still have casual sex.

Casual sex doesn't generally work out in the end. Say you have casual sex with a co-worker, and it doesn't work out, it can create a real hostile environment at the office.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #15
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

hey MLH, aren't you guy that made a thread awhile ago saying you were afraid if you had a baby by this red head chick? how did that turn out?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: