Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-21-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Charlie Bell?

What's the deal with him? I haven't heard much about this kid, and I really enjoy his game.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Charlie Bell?

I assume he'll be back. He's played pretty well for the Bucks, and he's one of our better defenders. Only way he'll be gone is if somebody else offers the full MLE, and Kohl flinches due to the size of Mo Williams' deal.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I assume he'll be back. He's played pretty well for the Bucks, and he's one of our better defenders. Only way he'll be gone is if somebody else offers the full MLE, and Kohl flinches due to the size of Mo Williams' deal.

Alright thanks. So you think it would take a team to offer the full MLE for the Bucks to really consider matching? Sucks for my Clippers, we won't go in the tax, and I really wanted him on the roster.

What do you think the Bucks'll want in a S&T?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I don't think a S&T is very likely, because the Bucks really need a backup PG. If you sent back anyone besides Cassell, we'd have unneeded depth at some other position, but only one real PG. And I know you aren't trying to lose Cassell.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

It looks like Charlie could be in Europe by the reports that are following around. Theirs alos word that one NBA team has made an offer to him.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

I really want to know why the Bucks haven't made more of an effort to bring Bell back. He is going to be such a valuable part of our team. I just read a report saying the Bucks are only offerine about 1 mil per year which is an insult i feel. I say losing Charlie Bell is as big as losing Charlie Villanueva.
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
adamcz
Bucks fan

The Bucks (and other teams I suspect) have a history of dealing with restricted free agents this way. They tell the player to go out and get himself a good offer from another team, and then the Bucks will match it. They did this with Michael Redd the first time he was a free agent.

Thing is - no team is offering Bell a contract. Cruel as it may seem to Bell, the Bucks aren't going to offer him a few extra million a year just to be nice. If Bell is really worth $5 million a year like his agent says he is, why can't he convince another team to offer him $4 million, which the Bucks could then immediatly match?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
It looks like Charlie could be in Europe by the reports that are following around. Theirs alos word that one NBA team has made an offer to him.

I guess he took his ball, and ran out of the playground.. to europe...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I guess he took his ball, and ran out of the playground.. to europe...

Really? To where? I remember him playing in Spain three or four years ago. Is he coming back?

Last edited by berraco : 09-06-2007 at 03:11 PM.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #10
adamcz
Bucks fan

He has an offer on the table from a Greek team of $5 million over two years.

The Bucks also offered him $9 million over three years (which after taxes is probably $6 million if you want to compare apples to apples).

So 5 mil over 2 years in Greece
or 6 mil over 3 years in the US

Which will he accept? Personally, I'd stay in the NBA.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #11
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

I don't understand why a team like the cavs wouldn't grip him up.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #12
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
I don't understand why a team like the cavs wouldn't grip him up.
Because he's a restricted free agent, and the Bucks would just match whatever small contract the Cavs offer him.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

When Joe Johnson was a restricted agent for the Suns and he told Phoenix not to match any offers for him, they didn't and now Joe Johnson is with the Hawks. If Charlie Bell wants to go to a team, he should do what Joe Johnson especially if he can get a starting spot with a team who needs a point guard.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:25 AM   #14
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
When Joe Johnson was a restricted agent for the Suns and he told Phoenix not to match any offers for him, they didn't and now Joe Johnson is with the Hawks. If Charlie Bell wants to go to a team, he should do what Joe Johnson especially if he can get a starting spot with a team who needs a point guard.
Where are you coming from with this? Bell wants to stay with the Bucks. He's said so a bunch of times and has been shopping for houses in Milwaukee. He just wants more money in Milwaukee.

That's also not how Joe Johnson went to Atlanta. He was traded for Boris Diaw and draft picks.

Check your facts bro!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:26 AM   #15
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I haven't heard much about this kid, and I really enjoy his game.
How old are you?? Bell is 28 or 29.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: