Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 09-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #16
Manphibian420
very nice

Manphibian420 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Charlie Bell?

Quote:
So 5 mil over 2 years in Greece
or 6 mil over 3 years in the US
The Greek offer is actually 5 mil PER year adamcz, so it's 2 years 10 mil vs 3 years 6 mil, IMO it's a no brainer. Unless the Bucks double their offer I can't see him staying with them
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #17
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manphibian420
The Greek offer is actually 5 mil PER year adamcz
No it isn't.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #18
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I don't know how to convince you Manphibian, but you are simply dead wrong. Spanoulis is the highest paid player in all of Greece at $2.4 million a year, and you think they more than doubled that for an unknown (to the local fans) foreigner in Charlie Bell? That just doesn't make any sense. That'd be like giving $30 million a year to some unknown European in the NBA. 5 mil a year is more than most of the star soccer players make over there.

And not only does $2.5 million a year make a lot more sense, it's also what the Greek newspapers reported.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #19
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Where are you coming from with this? Bell wants to stay with the Bucks. He's said so a bunch of times and has been shopping for houses in Milwaukee. He just wants more money in Milwaukee.

That's also not how Joe Johnson went to Atlanta. He was traded for Boris Diaw and draft picks.

Check your facts bro!

I know that Bell wants to stay with the Bucks, I mean to quote on the other guy who was talking about if Bell wanted to leave the Bucks and how the Bucks could match any offer. Also I live in Atlanta and I'm a Hawks fan. When the deal with Joe Johnson was going down the Suns didn't want to let Joe Johnson leave but Joe told the Suns he didn't want them to match any offer for him and that he didn't want to stay with the Suns, so they let him do the deal with the Hawks but the deal took like 3 weeks to get done cause the Hawks owners were going up against of other owner who didn't want to give up 2 first round picks and Boris Diaw to get Joe Johnson and they end getting rid of dude and thats how the deal went down and thats why the Hawks owners are still fighting with dude over ownership of the team. Anything else you want to say about my knowledge of that deal.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #20
Manphibian420
very nice

You don't know how to convince me? Posting "no it's not" without proof or reasoning certainly isn't the way.
If anyone is wrong, it's not me, it's the multiple sources I have actually provided. I don't "think" anything about what the offer is, I'm not guessing at it, I'm simply conveying what has been reported on ESPN (where I originally saw the Racine journal article) and elsewhere. If the offer is not correctly reported, please provide these other sources.

[note; It wouldn't be at all uncommon or surprising if it was misreported, I'm just saying the word of a newspaper carries more weight with me than a simple "no it's not" with no other explanation. If you can show me recent reports that have it at 2.5 per I would have no problem accepting that figure]

Last edited by Manphibian420 : 09-09-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:52 PM   #21
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
You don't know how to convince me? Posting "no it's not" without proof or reasoning certainly isn't the way.
If anyone is wrong, it's not me, it's the multiple sources I have actually provided. I don't "think" anything about what the offer is, I'm not guessing at it, I'm simply conveying what has been reported on ESPN (where I originally saw the Racine journal article) and elsewhere. If the offer is not correctly reported, please provide these other sources.

[note; It wouldn't be at all uncommon or surprising if it was misreported, I'm just saying the word of a newspaper carries more weight with me than a simple "no it's not" with no other explanation. If you can show me recent reports that have it at 2.5 per I would have no problem accepting that figure]

Here's your proof on the Joe Johnson deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...arc&id=2120960

Now, back to the subject of this thread. I think Charlie Bell should just go to another NBA. If the Bucks don't want to pay him what he wants just go sign to another NBA team that needs a backup or starting PG. Boston, Cleveland, Charlotte, Miami
Old 09-10-2007, 07:44 AM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

idizzle, why are you trying to "prove" something about the Joe Johnson deal to me? In post #13 you said that Joe Johnson went to the Hawks because they signed him to an offer sheet and the Suns didn't match. That isn't what happened. What really happened is exactly what I said in post #14... seeing as how I'm right, it isn't neccesary to dig up links to the story that confirm my version of the truth.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #23
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
idizzle, why are you trying to "prove" something about the Joe Johnson deal to me? In post #13 you said that Joe Johnson went to the Hawks because they signed him to an offer sheet and the Suns didn't match. That isn't what happened. What really happened is exactly what I said in post #14... seeing as how I'm right, it isn't neccesary to dig up links to the story that confirm my version of the truth.

No, I said that Joe Johnson signed a deal with the Hawk and Joe Johnson told the Suns not to match any offers for him if you was reading carefully. And you must not have read the link. I live in Atlanta and and been a Hawks fans forever and you trying to tell me wrong. Its not even about Joe Johnson, its about Charlie Bell and all I said was that if Charlie Bell wanted to sign with another NBA team and the Bucks matched it he could tell the Bucks not to match the offer like Joe Johnson told the Suns when he did the with the Hawks.

Last edited by idizzle : 09-10-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #24
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
As to what you had quoted of mine, further research turned up a realgm thread on the subject with links to the Greek papers quoting the deal at 5 mil total.
You should check out bucksfans.blogspot.com if you want to stay up to date on stuff like this. He does a wonderful job condensing all the Bucks news, and he knows what's reliable more than Woelful does.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #25
Moose

It seems as though Miami may get Bell.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._charlie_bell/
Old 09-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #26
Manphibian420
very nice

I think the Bucks should (and will) match the offer sheet and keep him even though he's saying he wants to leave. His hurt feelings can be smoothed over, once he's back out on the court his hard feelings towards management should fade. Do we have figures on the offer sheet? Adamcz?

ESPN is reporting the offer is 5 years 18.5 mil. That's a bargain, the Bucks shouldn't let him get away for nothing. Even if he still insists he doesn't want to play in Milwaukee, he could be good trade bait later in the season or next offseason. Better to take a chance on that than get absolutely nothing for him right now.

Last edited by Manphibian420 : 09-17-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #27
idizzle
Good college starter

It seems indeed that Charley Boy might be bolting to MIA instead of going overseas. You think the Bucks wil match the offer. I say 50/50
Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM   #28
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
It seems indeed that Charley Boy might be bolting to MIA instead of going overseas. You think the Bucks wil match the offer. I say 50/50

Honestly if they do this would be pretty weird. Getting another player who said they don't wish to play for the Bucks.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #29
adamcz
Bucks fan

I don't think the Bucks can match the offer without looking like complete morons, so they'll have to let him go.

Bucks offered Bell $9 million over 3 years, and Bell said if they make the 3rd year a player option, he'd accept. Bucks said no.

Now Miami gave him $18 million over 5 years. How can the Bucks match that contract when they already turned down a version of $9 million over 3 years? That would be fessing up to a really large mistake.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #30
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
I don't think the Bucks can match the offer without looking like complete morons, so they'll have to let him go.

Bucks offered Bell $9 million over 3 years, and Bell said if they make the 3rd year a player option, he'd accept. Bucks said no.

Now Miami gave him $18 million over 5 years. How can the Bucks match that contract when they already turned down a version of $9 million over 3 years? That would be fessing up to a really large mistake.

I agree. It will most likely be the last time ol Charley boy has suited up for the Bucks. Let's think about the joy he brought to the Bucks lol.

Now the Bucks can sign Dee Brown.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: