Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Can the Nets win the NBA title this year?

They are getting real close to returning to The Finals.

Will Nened Krstic become an All-Star?

How good with Marcus Wililams, Josh Boone, and Antoine Wright be this year?

Can they find a taker for Jeff McInnis?

Do they need another big?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

they need a PF
maybe if they can get Gooden for the MLE? or get Stromile from the Grizzlies for nothing? i think Swift would be good with Kidd as the PG
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Simple answer: No.

Spurs, Mavs, Heat, Suns are all EASILY more talented and have better shots at winning it all. The Pistons too.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

They'd need to swing a deal for a power forward. I don't know how they'd do it, but if they could, they'd be pretty darn close to a real contender. There's gotta be a decent power forward they can get for next to nothing. They can still try to sign a guy like Reggie Evans.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

PF is just the missing piece for the Nets to become one of the contenders in the East again. Age will be catching up on them soon so they better get that PF quick.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #6
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd say it's impossible for the Nets to win this year, because the Heat already won the title.

But they certaintly have a chance in 2007.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #7
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Teams with Vince Carter on them don't win championships.

If he plays his girlie card and pretends to be hurt again they would have a better chance. Maybe if they traded him for an aggressive power forward.

Vince Carter just isn't a winner.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye

If he plays his girlie card and pretends to be hurt again they would have a better chance. Maybe if they traded him for an aggressive power forward.

I'm glad you have Jerm on ignore, or else you would have to respond to a plethora of momma jokes.

And as much love as I got for Vincanity, it is indeed a fact that he lacks the mental toughness needed to compete viciously in the later rounds of the Playoffs.

2000 Toronto Vince could have, Tarheel Carter too, but not pussafied Nets Vince.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:16 PM   #9
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye

couldnt agree more!!! and Kristic wont be an All-Star, not with the Centres in this league...just in the East, theres Shaq, Ben Wallace, Ilgauskas, and then theres the PF that also play centre, like Bosh and JO...and we havent seen what Darco can do (if anything) ... so i dont see Kristic being an all-star next year..
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #10
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I'd say it's impossible for the Nets to win this year, because the Heat already won the title.

But they certaintly have a chance in 2007.

That's what i meant bagelred.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #11
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Trade scenario:

New Jersey gets

Lorenzen Wright (4 year, full MLE)

Memphis gets

Jeff McInnis
Trade exception

Memphis gets a backup for Damon, while New Jersey gets a reserve center/power forward, who can provide some defense and toughness off the bench behind Collins and Krstic.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #12
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

They need more of a supporting cast, their 4 and 5 aren't too good aside from Krstic. If it comes down the the last shot, whatever you do, do not let Vince Carter shoot it, trust me, you won't like the result.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #13
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

no they cant
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #14
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
That's what i meant bagelred.

I know...it was a joke....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #15
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
If he plays his girlie card and pretends to be hurt again they would have a better chance. Maybe if they traded him for an aggressive power forward

I don't think I've seen Vince play girlie in the playoffs, he plays well like most all-stars do.

The Nets need a real bench and a strong frontcourt in order to take down Miami.

more importantly, Nets need SHOOTERS. They have a real problem if they can't hit open jumpshots.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: