Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-24-2007, 02:41 AM   #16
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Default Re: NBA Live 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Why dont they just use the same graphic engineering system as Madden?

why dont all of the EA games use the same system as Madden does?
Madden sells well cause of its graphics,why dont over games use it

Like others have said, Madden doesn't sell for its graphics but for its quality.
The reason other EA Sports games are not similar is because they are developed by different teams within the organization.

Believe me, I get so frustrated at the presentation of Live and the baseball franchise when Madden is so cleaned up
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:43 AM   #17
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

I thoroughly enjoyed NBA Live 2007 for the PS2
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:49 AM   #18
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

Quote:
baseball franchise

Really? MVP Baseball 2005 is one of my favourite games of all-time. What killed it for you?
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #19
mhg88
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
Like others have said, Madden doesn't sell for its graphics but for its quality.
The reason other EA Sports games are not similar is because they are developed by different teams within the organization.

Believe me, I get so frustrated at the presentation of Live and the baseball franchise when Madden is so cleaned up

Uh...no. Madden sells because they have the exclusive NFL license and there are no other football games available because of it.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #20
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Is there any way to get hold of an NBA 2k8 disk for, I dunno, Xbox 360 or playstation 3 and turn it so that it fits for the computer?

Nope, they don't work that way.

I don't know much about the Xbox 360, but I do know that the original Xbox was essentially a PC. It's been a while so some of my numbers might be a bit off, but I've done extensive modding to mine and they're pretty flexible little boxes. They're about the equivalent of a PC with a Celeron chip running at 700mhz or so. The controller ports are actually USB ports with a different pinout. You can find converters, but if you're patient and can operating a soldering gun, you can make your own, so just about any simple USB control device can be plugged into an Xbox. If the device requires drivers and a helper program to run, it probably won't work on an Xbox though, just simple controllers. The most common Xbox mod is just simply replacing the hard drive with a larger one. The ones that came with the Xbox is like a 4.5gb drive or so. Some people install entire operating systems on it. A guy I knew once put Linux on one he had and turned it into an FTP/HTTP server. I mainly use mine to watch movies and videos that I've downloaded. By connecting it to my network, I can have the Xbox browse any computer's directories and watch (or listen to) any file I've got there, or burn files to DVDRs and take 'em anywhere.

I only mention all of that to show how flexible the Xbox is, and I can only assume the Xbox 360 is similar, I just can't bring myself to spend money to duplicate something I already have. I couldn't care less about the console games myself, they're generally more geared to the lowest common denominator users. That said, the Xbox doesn't run WinXP or Vista as an operating system, it has it's own operating system and instructions, so it's not just a simple matter of copying files from an Xbox or Xbox 360 disc into a PC and playing a game or vice versa. However, for some platforms there are emulators that let you stick game discs into your PC and play them, but emulators are always just a bit short of the real thing and don't always work.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:04 PM   #21
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
Uh...no. Madden sells because they have the exclusive NFL license and there are no other football games available because of it.

There have been other football games in the past though, and Madden has always reigned supreme.

Although I'll always have a soft spot for good ol' Joe Montana's football for the Genesis.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #22
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
Live 06 wasn't that bad. 2K7 doesnt even let you control crossovers. It has way better features tho. Id rather play live cuz the games are more enjoyable.

Live 06 was the best one i've seen as well...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #23
Interminator
Banned

if the game had great graphics then it would sell very well,basketball is the second most popular sport in america and it would definetly help if they got their graphics up to par

i think they should also include the Euroleague in it for next year
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #24
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

Quote:
if the game had great graphics then it would sell very well,basketball is the second most popular sport in america and it would definetly help if they got their graphics up to par

i think they should also include the Euroleague in it for next year

Nah, thats not going to happen. I remember back when I was a fan of Live, someone told me they can't include the Euroleague because of the licensing rights or something. That does suck because the euroleague was a great addition in NHL 06.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #25
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Why dont they just use the same graphic engineering system as Madden?

why dont all of the EA games use the same system as Madden does?
Madden sells well cause of its graphics,why dont over games use it

I think the success of Madden has a lot more to do with the fact that they don't change the whole damn game every two years. It's been a very consistent series. The graphics get a little better or different every year, they update the rosters, but for the most part they know they have a good game, so they're not constantly changing everything like Live, and adding all kinds of gay features, or changing the graphics so much that it isn't even recognizable compared to the season before.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:15 AM   #26
sick_brah07
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
chill about what I aint mad. Just funny that this duude said no for no reason.

lmao
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: