Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Conley or Lowry?

What player is going to start for the Grizz?

In the Summer League they are both playing equal minutes.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:37 AM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Conley or Lowry?

I say it will be a close fight right up until the season starts until the start is decided. Though I think Conley might get it. They will probably be playing equal minutes in the league so it wouldn't really matter who starts.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

I agree especially since Kyle would provide a nice offensive punch off the bench not too different than Bobby Jackson or Earl Boykins. Mike Conley is gonna need to start if the Grizz really want him to become a leader and facilitator.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

What about damon.He is still the vet here.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I was thinking about Damon a few days ago when a saw a depth chart for the Grizzlies and they had Conley has the starter, Lowry as the backup and Damon as the 3rd option. I was wondering what has he done to be dropped so far, but then I thought the dude is 33 and his stats are dropping quickly. He is definitly a great leader and was an amazing player in his prime but he's just losing fuel. I say give Damon a good few starts over the season but Conley should be the leading the PG's in starts.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #6
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I am guessing that Conley would start with Kyle Lowry backing him up. I was reading in the papers somewhere that the Grizzlies might try to buyout the remainder of Damon Stoudamire's contract. Damon has been a good player for the Grizzlies.Conley and Lowry should be a nice one-two punch at the point guard position.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

No I don't think there gonna buy him out.The grizz want him to be a player coach.Escpecially for the new point guards.Kinda how avery johnson was for the mavs.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #8
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
No I don't think there gonna buy him out.The grizz want him to be a player coach.Escpecially for the new point guards.Kinda how avery johnson was for the mavs.

jailer's got this one right. damon even says thats what he wants to do this year. hes ready to help conley and lowry step their games up. he'll probably get a few starts, especially at the beginning of the season, but conley will eventually take the reigns of the team and kyle lowry will just provide more of a boost off the bench... and if it gets heated, lowry will probably become trade bait or leave after his contract is up to find a starting role.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

I have been watching these two in the sumer league games.There both lighting in a bottle and young.There comparisons end there.Lowry is a tough defensive kid.He gets in the paint and goes for contact.He is a good one on one player.Conley can get in the paint as well if not better.He on the other hand can make plays off the dribble.Im not sayink kyle can't do this.Im saying it comes to conley like second nature.He reminds me of t.j. ford.Kyle reminds me of like a speedy claxton or a kenny anderson.Both good points. either way were set for our point guard spot for the next decade hopefully.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #10
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
either way were set for our point guard spot for the next decade hopefully.

Man, that's a long time.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #11
gibbo3000
I hit open layups

gibbo3000 has an OK reputation so far

lowry or stoudamire might start early on but i think conley will be starting pretty soon

is conley shooting a jumshot right handed in a summer league picture on nba.com?
gibbo3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo3000
lowry or stoudamire might start early on but i think conley will be starting pretty soon

is conley shooting a jumshot right handed in a summer league picture on nba.com?

Actually he is.He has taught himself to be ambidextrous.He takes shots with both hands.His primary is his left hand though.Just another great asset to his game.He has no weak hand.I don't think lowry will start.He is more of like a fire cracker off the bench.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:21 AM   #13
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Didn't know that Conley was ambidextrous. That can give a player a real edge over his opponent. If he's just as strong with his right as he is with his left then he could really be something in the league. Most defenders will expect him to go one way most of the time, if Conley can mix it up alot then he's going to get the best of his defender quite alot.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #14
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

Theres a good article at ESPN about the Grizz, the new coach, and the PG spot. He doesnt come right out and say it, but you can tell Coach Ivaroni is just waiting to watch Mike Conley take over the team. Everyone should check it out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...ge=grizzsummer
Old 07-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #15
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Is Stoudemire fully recovered from his injury?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: