Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-24-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default On the Casey Jacobsen signing

Here I post a relatively new scout report on Jacobsen. It's from July of this year.

Quote:
Casey Jacobsen, 6-6, Shooting Guard, Brose Baskets Bamberg (Germany), 1981

Another excellent shooter, with even more size and versatility to his game, Casey Jacobsen has already spent four of his last six seasons since graduating from Stanford on an NBA roster, so making it back for another one wouldn’t be a shock. He spent this past season playing for the eventual German champions Bamberg under renowned coach Dirk Bauerman—where he shined--and was in the Euroleague the year before with Tau Vitoria, as a role player. Jacobsen is a smart and extremely tough swingman who isn’t afraid to take the ball strong to the basket or fight for an offensive rebound down low. He’s made a name for himself, though, more as a shooter, for his ability to come off screens and knock down shots from NBA range thanks to his picture perfect stroke. He’s not a bad athlete and will compete on the defensive end as well, even if his handle is weak and his shot is prone to bouts of streakiness. He’s hasn’t been quite an automatic enough shooter to lock up a permanent spot in the NBA just yet, and the other wrinkles he has to his game don’t really come to the surface in the role he was usually asked to do. Regardless, teams could probably do worse than to pick him up for the minimum, even if he won’t be playing summer league this time around.
source

there you go. woot woot. thoughts on Casey and what / how big will his role be on the Grizzlies?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: On the Casey Jacobsen signing

Eh maybe 15 minutes a game.Unless he comes and just amazes everyone.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I watched him playing in Spain for TAU Vitoria a couple of years ago. The guy can shoot, but he is not regular. I don't remember him playing more than 20 minutes per game there (maybe I'm wrong, it was 2 or 3 years ago and don't have the stats at hand), so I will not expect better numbers in the NBA, maybe 10 to 15. IMHO, he will just give some rest to Miller and Gay.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I agree.Do you think if him and kinsey get the same ammount of minutes,that casey will provide more.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:22 AM   #5
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Difficult to say. Kinsey's stats last season were good for the almost 50 games he played, and they are very similar to the numbers Jacobsen put in Spain 2 years ago (7.2 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 23 mpg). Kinsey is a sophomore now, so this year he should (hopefully) improve, but he will probably have less minutes than last season and this could stop a bit his evolution. Casey is a better shooter (34 to 40 % from the 3p line) so he should take more profit than Tarence from a small amount of minutes. So after all this the answer should be yes, Casey could provide more if both play about 10 to 15 mpg. Anyway, I expect more minutes for Tarence than for Casey this year.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:37 AM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

After a little thought.I think casey could be a nice fit here.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
berraco
Darko The Ripper

As a role play, yes, I agree.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
As a role play, yes, I agree.
I doubt he could be anything more than a role player.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah but it is sad to say.I think he can come in here and do better then alot of the other role players did last year.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 AM   #10
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd have to take your word on that, because I haven't seen this guy play. I can only make an assumption based on stats and whatnot.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

yeah but as we all know stats dont make the man.I.E. Battier.He was an all american college player.He is athletic and has preety good speed.Maybe miller can give him some help in evolving his game.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Does he play on the perimeter or does he get to the basket? If he's a perimeter player then he looks like a slightly smaller version of Miller, which is a good thing. But then again, I've never seen the guy play, so I have no place to compare him to anyone. I smell 9-12ppg while coming off the bench.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:12 AM   #13
berraco
Darko The Ripper

He plays on the perimeter. Stats show that he shoots almost double from the 3p than from inside during the season. I think you are too much optimistic with his performance, but I hope you'll be right, it would help a lot.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:01 AM   #14
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah definitely perimeter.He will be better then cardinal but alot cheaper.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:14 AM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Nice. So another perimeter guy to go along with Miller. Should be fun.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: