Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-24-2007, 07:35 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: What do kids do nowadays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I wonder if any kid actually goes up to their friend's house and asks if they can come out to play anymore? I know it sounds kind of gay but I had a lot of friends on my block and we didn't have the internet for phones in our rooms so I would get off my ass and walk next door and ask if my friend wanted to come out and hang out. Nowadays, I'm sure that rarely ever happens.
I uses to do that all the time. Even kids I didn't really konw all that well, if we needed an extra to play hoops/football/ride bikes or mess with girls we say "can so and so come out and play"
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:41 PM   #17
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I wonder if any kid actually goes up to their friend's house and asks if they can come out to play anymore? I know it sounds kind of gay but I had a lot of friends on my block and we didn't have the internet for phones in our rooms so I would get off my ass and walk next door and ask if my friend wanted to come out and hang out. Nowadays, I'm sure that rarely ever happens.
That still happens to me everyday. Even though I have phones and crap, my friends still knock on my door, and ask my parents if i'm home.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #18
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Video games, Internet, watch television, talk on the phone or swim in their pool. Some kids don't play at parks during the summer because they complain it's to hot.

In New York, Florida and Houston the parks are competitive. New York is to out of control for me. There would be arguements that would lead to gun shooting. Then you go to Houston and it's hot as hell outside and no one really played at the park.

Florida is perfect, the weather i love and the competition level is nice.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 AM   #19
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Where I'm from, kids slash tires, drag race, and pretty much disrespectful to authority.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:58 AM   #20
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah i remember back in the day when cartoons only showed in the mornings before school and on saturdays. talking about g.i. joe, thundercats, he-man, voltron...etc. then after school, you played with friends from within your block or complex until you could hear your mama yelling for dinner. bike tag, hoop, two-hand touch football, hide and seek. now with all the technology, kids don't have that. and also obesity is at an all time high now.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:19 AM   #21
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Nashformvp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
It's a really nice day out right now but I see no kids outside playing at all. When I was 7-12/14 years old I would be outside all day during the summer. I would be outside in my driveway playing basketball or at the park playing baseball/softball or basketball. I'd be riding my bike, in my backyard swimming or at the local swimming pool. The only times I would go inside would be to get something to eat or when it got dark around 9/9:30.

Even when there was really nothing to do my friends and I would walk down the street or ride our bikes to 7 11 and buy some slurpees and just sit in front of one our houses and chill. Do kids spend too much time inside playing video games and going on the internet now?

K well im13 and we go to the park every day its 105 and under which is never in PHX
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:22 AM   #22
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

each other.

ps: i did not read any of the thread.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:29 AM   #23
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Nashformvp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
That still happens to me everyday. Even though I have phones and crap, my friends still knock on my door, and ask my parents if i'm home.

co-signed
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:01 AM   #24
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

I have neighbors across the street and all they do is play outside althoguh its with their bro's and sisters but there are like 5 or 6 of them.

There arent many kids anymore but when i was a kid everyone would get together and play. But when i got older like middle-school we wouldnt play as much but like **** around more. We would ding dong ditch pretty much every day and **** around with other people and ride bikes and pick fights with older kids.

My parents would make me read or play outside. And i was like, **** reading. So i went and played outside with my older bro, and two other neighbors and would play, soccer, football, tennis with no net, four square, handball, laser tag, super soakers, dodgeball man you name it we played it.

I always looked forward to doing supersoakers. We would make these big ass forts with lawns chairs. Good ****.

We played literally ALL NIGHT and we barely went into each other houses. Only to get water and stuff. Then one of the neighbors and my bro were the same age and they got older and it wasnt the same. The other friend moved out for a bit and i really missed it. He moved back and there was a new kid that moved in but he was a REAL prick. I just put up with his ****. I wish i hadnt but w/e.

I miss those days.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:04 AM   #25
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

The world is changing my friend. 14 year olds having cybersex and 15 year old girls reading cosmo. Its crazy. Parks are useless now.

I miss being a kid but I wouldn't want to be one in this day and age. They get dumber by the generation.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: