Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default any truth to aldridge only wanting to play for...

chicago?

i read it somewhere last night (either espn, or draftexpress).

anyone else he anything more on this?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
Faufner
Serious playground baller

Faufner has an OK reputation so far

Apparently his agent is "pushing" for it, but I don't think Aldridge has been quoted in saying that.
Faufner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
billie the tree
Can barely lace up my sneakers

billie the tree has no real reputation yet.

Chicago would be a great fit for him me thinks, but when players try to pull this crap it rarely works out.
billie the tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default nahh

im sure aldridge would be happy going anywhere, it's his agent that does most of the talking.

i can't see aldridge being opposed to playing anywhere in the top 5, especially Toronto since he's working out with Chris Bosh in texas at this very moment.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #5
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i cant see him saying that himself, i think his agent wants him to go there as we all know chicago in reality is allready a playoff team and with the 2nd pick, selecting a player who only helps them even further should make the agent a very rich man

however

i cant see aldridge saying he wants to go to chicago as he has the chance to be #1! and play with apparently his buddy (chirs bosh) who he is currently working out with, from a social point of view you'd think he'd want to go to toronto, be the #1 pick and play with oine of his mates
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Aldridge seems a little soft. the last thing chicago needs is two lightweights in the frontcourt. I hope Paxson pulls the trigger on a KG trade. Lord knows no one in the world can offer the Minnesota Timberwolves a better package than Chicago can.

Aldridge...Thomas...who cares? they're both so-so. Too bad Jakim Noah didn't declare.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

if noah declared i would have wanted the raps to take him #1 over everyone else. he's fun to watch like morrison, but is actually worth taking at #1.

i thought the rumour was weird as well since aldridge and bosh were close buds.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #8
Kung Furious

Default working out with bosh?

I dunno about that. I saw Aldridge on campus (Austin) a few days ago...maybe hes in dallas this week for the finals with bosh or somethin.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Joakim Noah is overrated. He is not better than Aldridge and Thomas is not better than Aldridge. Aldridge's agent wants Aldridge to be in Chicago because its a big city. Sponsors and all the other things that come with the package of living at Chicago will get him big $$$.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #10
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

anyone who thinks thomas is better than aldridge is stupid.

noah is different however. just like aldridge, he's MUCH better than thomas.

aldridge is a pretty good defender, but noah is even better. his offense is a little more raw than aldridge's, but it's still a lot better than thomas'.

basically out of the three, he second on offense and first on defense. when you add in his motor and the fact that his offensive game will improve, it's not a strech to think the raps would take him over aldridge if he was in the draft.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #11
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

^ Not to mention Jakim Noah is a winner. Like Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, ect.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #12
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

^well then the bulls can get him next year with new yorks pick (noah)

i thnk aldridge would get more money being the #1 pick in toronto than the #2 pick in chicago (publicity wise)
Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #13
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

you can understand Alridge's agent wanting his player to be in a playoff ready team where he would have more inmediate success.

i bet he (the agent) is spamming Toronto right now with how Bargani is the best thing since sliced bread, so Colangelo takes Andrea instead of Alridge
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #14
craigthomasb
College star

problem with this pick is that

hinrich
gordon
deng
possibly nocioni
the #2 pick

will all be looking for big pay days in 2-3 years down the road

and they wont have any space to resign at least one of them
Old 06-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

why would BC listen to aldridge's agent? lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: