Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-13-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has no real reputation yet.
Default Kwame Brown - will he break out this year?

How good will he be this year?

Is this finally the year he breaks out?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

he'll never break out
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Of course this is the year. Full year of triangle,heavy minutes,was amazing in the second half of the year and knows all his teamates and the fans actually like him.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

nope and this is coming from a lakers fan. You cant teach touch and Kwame has none.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

joe lucky has an OK reputation so far

what do you mean by break out? 15/9 would be breaking out for Kwame anything more than that is beyond realistic. He should do better w/ more minutes and getting more in tune w/ the triangle offense as Odom and Kobe will feed him alot of open dunks under the basket.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 PM   #6
$ci

Default kwame brown

i bet he breaks out more then acne on a stereroid users shoulders
Old 07-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #7
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Kwame in the second half of the season was averaging 15/10. Plus with the new ball,you can grip it better
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:40 PM   #8
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ci
i bet he breaks out more then acne on a stereroid users shoulders

i don't agree w/the steroids reference, but when i saw this thread i thought of acne too.

he should watch that proactive info-mercial.

but seriously, he better play to his potential. he has no excuses this year. but i'm wary of those stone hands of his...
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #9
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

if kwame played to his potential he would be worse version than J'Oneil(but a very good player), i saw him in hs and summer league his first year and he had a jumper and was a much finisher with both hands. It seems like his game regressed.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I don't think he'll ever turn into the player we thought he would be a few years back, but who knows.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #11
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Last season, I was hoping Kwame would be averaging 12/8, but that was not meant to be. This season if Kwame does average 12/8, I would be estatic. But I have the feeling Kwame is just starting at center position just to keep it warm for Andrew Bynum if or when this kid breaks out. Kwame has been a career underachiever and there is little to go on that he can prove his #1 pick status.

So, here's to 12/8 for Kwame because anything more is probably not going to happen.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #12
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default re

He actually broke out in Washington, however the proactive treatment helped control the problem.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #13
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchoy
Last season, I was hoping Kwame would be averaging 12/8, but that was not meant to be. This season if Kwame does average 12/8, I would be estatic. But I have the feeling Kwame is just starting at center position just to keep it warm for Andrew Bynum if or when this kid breaks out. Kwame has been a career underachiever and there is little to go on that he can prove his #1 pick status.

So, here's to 12/8 for Kwame because anything more is probably not going to happen.

you're probably very close one rebound one way or the other. i'm hoping because he did end the season in a more upside than downside, your stats you projected are higher...just be stay more positive.

we can argue that he found a more comfortable position as a center since as a forward it was a total struggle for him. you watched the offense towards the end of the season. the offense flowed better when guys were willing to pass to him.

unfortunately the playoffs exploit players weaknesses and strengths. he was another guy after the rape charges were announced and he folded. he played alright before game 5. he didn't handle the pressure of the overall situation very well. we can only hope the experience helped him...HOPE is the word i stress here.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #14
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Poor Kwame. You'd figure worse case scenario would be Etan Thomas. Catch. Dunk. Repeat. But in order for that happen you need to CATCH the ball, a basic fundemental that Kwame must of missed in highschool practice. Its no wonder team mates look him off, the guy has bricks for hands.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the only breakout kwame will ever know is acne related.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: