Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #31
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

just wondering who does every1 believe is the better player.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #32
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

the reason the 6ers went to the finals in '01 was 2 fold.

1.Iverson is an incredible scorer (he had like 100 pts in 7 qtrs coming into the finals)
2. Larry Brown made the 6ers play DEFENSE

the roster had offensive talent on it except Allen, but they had gritty defense
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #33
usama123
The Answer!

usama123 has decent reputationusama123 has decent reputation

i think that they would have beaten Dallas this year
usama123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:16 AM   #34
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainoftheDebateTeam
You are really arrogant for not knowing much about ball.

Great comeback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrContradiction
Defenders might not think Iverson is as much of a threat to set up teammates but why does that matter??? Iverson is more of a threat to score which draws attention setting up teammates.

So by not doing it he does it better...pure brilliance...with your powers of deduction you have to be a logic major, and I am simply outclassed by your razor sharpe analysis. I take it all back you win

Quote:
Originally posted by ArrestedTwice4StalkinAI
Plus you AI doesn’t bring intangibles he went to Finals with complete bums

Yes, complete bums, which is why Philly went out and got All Star center Dinkembe Mutumbo after the All Star break...I remember that year well, Deke was the missing piece...So a top defensive center(who was also an all star), a lock down forward at his peak (McKie, 6th man of the year I believe...bum? ), a point guard in Eric Snow who defended well and distributed the ball (hmm I wonder if that has anything to do with success), and a Hall of Fame coach who had them buy into his system....yes complete Bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWhoWearsElbowBursistisSleeve2Work
Nash couldn’t make it with Marion, Amare whoring Duncan , and amazing shooters.

No they just got 33 games better his first year, had a 62 win season and took a great team (Spurs) to the brink...complete failure. I am surprised Nashy can show his face in Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIisHotShirtless
Another thing is Phoenix doesnt have to play the SAME STYLE. They could try DEFENSE. They have the players if AI is there

Great idea, a 6'1" guard is going to teach an entire team to play better defense just because he can d-up. I thought AI was from Virginia, I guess he must have come from Smallville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWhoTakesBadShotsAtMyPickupGame
i think that they would have beaten Dallas this year

Having an AI avatar is a conflict of interest in this conversation dude, sorry.

For the record...AI is awesome, a warrior, but there are flaws to his game...the reason why Billy King can't get fair value for him now. It is really tough to win with that guy on your team and that is the bottom line, Nash makes his teams better, the Sixers could have had Diaw (fodder in the Johnson trade) or Thomas (released by Bulls) if they really wanted to saying they are great and the reason Nash is so good is just utter insanity, Nash's unselfishness brought out the strong points in their games, and despite his unmatchable skill set amongst small men, AI ain't got THAT talent, Nash does.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:28 AM   #35
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

you comebacks made no sense. You logic is flawed, if you wanna play that game(I for one dont).
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:39 AM   #36
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
you comebacks made no sense. You logic is flawed, if you wanna play that game(I for one dont).

are you referring to the rubber glue bounce off me stick to you comeback game you are playing now?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:56 AM   #37
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If AI and Nash were switched...the Suns would be screwed...because AI doesn't have the passing ability to fill Steve's place....no one can...the Suns run and gun on Nash's energy and drive (and that is oh so clear if you watch them play) and that's what fills their game...AI doesn't have the option of filling other's drive meters so he wouldn't be good on the Suns...He'd wreck 'em..

Unlike Steve Nash...who's brought them to glory
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:03 AM   #38
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Suns without Nash? This would be a mediocre team at best. The Suns thrive on moving the ball and finding the open man. They cant have someone like Iverson who dominates the rock on every possession.

You guys talk about guys like Diaw and Bell and Barbosa as if they were great players to begin with. They wouldve never broken out in the first place without Nash. The Suns would be nothing without Nash. That goes for Amare and pretty much everyone else aside from Marion.

If Philly had Nash, they'd be infinitely better. Iggy and Dalembert would average about 10 dunks a night and Korver would get plenty of wide-open looks from downtown. And all the no-name bench warmers will break out of course and become prized commodities.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:08 AM   #39
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Right, this would kill the Suns chemistry...

And would Kill the transition game...

I'm serious, Iverson really wouldn't fit well in at all with the Suns scheme, JtheIzzo is right on.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 07-14-2006 at 02:24 AM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:24 AM   #40
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

I don't see why you are yelling at me, I agree with you.

Iverson would seriously hurt thier current team chemistry beyond belief and would REALLY slow down their transition game.

That post wasn't meant to be sarcastic, let me edit it.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:30 AM   #41
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Right, this would kill the Suns chemistry...

And would Kill the transition game...

I'm serious, Iverson really wouldn't fit well in at all with the Suns scheme, JtheIzzo is right on.

Can we make this a post of the year candidate?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:38 AM   #42
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I don't see why you are yelling at me, I agree with you.

Iverson would seriously hurt thier current team chemistry beyond belief and would REALLY slow down their transition game.

That post wasn't meant to be sarcastic, let me edit it.

sorry baby ...i thought it sounded sarcastic ....my bad...
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:11 AM   #43
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

Hell no the Suns would be as good. You guys trippin . AI doesn't make other ppl better. Nash does. Nash is a true pt guard and the guy won mvp back to back for a reason. Suns w/out nash is a sorry team. You put nash with iguodala, korver, c-webb, and dalember and they will make the playoffs. Nash brought their team to the west conf finals with out amare.. think about that. that is crazy.
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:46 AM   #44
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think as long as D'antoni is still the coach and teaching his system of run and getting a lot of shooters that can make a bunch of open shots, then ofcourse they'd be better with AI. And Philly wouldn't touch the playoffs with the damn MVP.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:33 AM   #45
badnach0
Can barely lace up my sneakers

badnach0 has an OK reputation so far

Iverson/Suns > Nash/76ers

Iverson is a HOF/MVP type of player, I don't think anyone disputes that. BUT, you will find plenty of people who would not say the same thing about Nash.
badnach0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: