Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-14-2006, 07:05 AM   #46
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Nash / Suns >> Iverson / Suns
Nash / 76ers = Iverson / 76ers but in the playoffs Iverson/76ers >>> Nash/76ers

What I'm trying to say is
a) The suns would totally implode without a ball handler / creator / passer was playing the point. There are just too many shooters and scorers on that team to have otherwise. Amare, Marion, Bell, Diaw, Thomas, etc ALL need shots in the offence. Arare and Marion need 15+, Bell, Thomas and the other shooters need to know they're going to get the ball where they like it. Diaw needs to be the perfect option for him to even shoot the ball. He barely took a shot in atlanta cause he kept passing it to other players who might have had a slightly better shot. The team needs to beat other teams by outrunning them and iverson is a half-court guy.
b)A nash run 76ers team would make the playoffs. They wouldn't be superb defensively but everyone would do there jobs and they'd beat teams just by people making shots, out running other teams and by people having confidence in their abilities. (Which Nash seems to create) However the team would never ever get out of the first round. Never

Iverson's 76ers, on the other hand, if they play good defense and realise it's a waste of time to make a move until iverson has a couple of gos and then get to the basket once he's frustrated could go deep in the playoffs if they make it. Iverson is a good enough scorer to single handedly beat any team. And he's consistent enough to do it 4 times in a series.

If i were the suns i'd never trade Nash. If i were the sixers i'd never trade iverson. (unless i got a couple of young talented bigs, draft picks and a point guard and it was to the other conference).

Iverson is HOF but so is Nash. (consecutive mvps put you into that position)
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:06 AM   #47
Heelcrazy2
I airball my layups

Heelcrazy2 has an OK reputation so far

PHX would win it all.
Heelcrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:42 AM   #48
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Iverson fans rock!

I've never seen such blind faith in my life.

Ya'll talk about Diaw and Tim Thomas like they are part of the reason Nash is good. Before Nash Thomas was cut by the Bulls, and before Nash Diaw was riding pine with the worst team of the last 5 years. Nash made Diaw and ressurrected TT's career. Thomas should give his Clippers signing bonus to Stevie for retribution. Look at what happened to Q-Rich after he left.

Don't give me the D'Antoni system being the reason Nash is good BS either. Nash improved that team by 33 wins his first year. D'Antoni was 21-40 as Suns head coach the year before Steve got there. Oh yeah all system. And besides when has Iverson ever bought into a system, the muthaf*cker dont even like practice.
"Practice, ya'll talkin about practice?"
Oh yeah, Steve QB'd the previous top offense in Dallas before that.

If Steve went to Philly Kyle Korver would lead the league in three point shooting (makes and attempts), Sam Dalembert would be a 20/10 guy and killin people and dunking everything, Webber would be running the pick and roll with him to perfection. Nash made Steven Hunter look solid last year.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #49
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLove4AI
Iverson is a good enough scorer to single handedly beat any team. And he's consistent enough to do it 4 times in a series.

So that is some bang on logic biased-boy

4 out of 7 is a 571 winning percentage

What was Philly's winning percentage this season?

oh snap! 38-44 that is a 463 winning percentage

that is a 108 difference but falk it man, that's my boy AI we be talkin bout.

Iverson is so dope man, I'll forget all logic and common sense and just say anything cuz I love him so much I know he could do it man, even though eh didn't do it he could still do it, magically in my mind, the only place it really matters...to me anyways

Think logically people
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #50
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

If Steve went to Philly Kyle Korver would lead the league in three point shooting (makes and attempts), Sam Dalembert would be a 20/10 guy and killin people and dunking everything, Webber would be running the pick and roll with him to perfection. Nash made Steven Hunter look solid last year.

you're gettin carried away here...

unless Nash could improve the sixer defense, he wouldnt make the sixers a better team....6ers already can score with any team in the league... just need to stop people on defense...

Suns would have beaten Dallas this year if they could stop somebody once in while. But they cant. and thats the reason why they'll never make the finals or win a title..

Fans keep hoping that a run & gun fun team like phoenix will win and change the way teams build for success, but it will never happen as long as they neglect the other end of the floor....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:46 AM   #51
TheBigThree
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheBigThree has an OK reputation so far

OK to make a long story short
Nash>>Sixers :Makes the sixers top 3 in the east...makes andre iguodala the next shaun marion...and it makes kyle korver a 50%+ 3 point shooter who averages 17+ a night

Iverson>>Suns :Makes the suns a 7 th or 8 th place battler in the west....makes shaun marion's role insignificant.....makes sure that amare never returns to top form(cuz he would never get the rock)...and it makes the whole suns system change from a high ace run and gun system to a slow..iverson gun system
TheBigThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #52
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
So that is some bang on logic biased-boy

4 out of 7 is a 571 winning percentage

What was Philly's winning percentage this season?

oh snap! 38-44 that is a 463 winning percentage

that is a 108 difference but falk it man, that's my boy AI we be talkin bout.

Iverson is so dope man, I'll forget all logic and common sense and just say anything cuz I love him so much I know he could do it man, even though eh didn't do it he could still do it, magically in my mind, the only place it really matters...to me anyways

Think logically people

In the year that the 76ers made the finals AI outscored everyone. He is the reason why they made it that far. He pretty much single handedly beat every team on the way to the finals.

And you forget that i didn't say anything about the regular season. if you took the time to read you'd see i was talking only about the playoffs. Nash can't win playoff games on his own. But iverson can. A team with Nash as it's only real asset would struggle to score down the stretch in the playoffs. AI can still get it done. (Largely because he IS the offense.)

And i particularly like the way you've taken the only pro-Iverson thing i said and made me out as some kind of rabid iverson fan. I said that during the regular season they would have similar effects on the 76ers.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:51 AM   #53
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Nash>>Sixers :Makes the sixers top 3 in the east...makes andre iguodala the next shaun marion...and it makes kyle korver a 50%+ 3 point shooter who averages 17+ a night

is bringing any defense with him? If not, the sixers barely make the playoffs or not at all...

People on this board dont understand that you cant just play half the game. You wont win anything without playing on defense...

posters come on here with long drawn out scenerios on how Nash will help so & so score this many points while giving out 25 assists.... but they never mention the defensive end of the court.

Any fan who bothered to pay attention to what the 6ers problems are will tell you that their problems are on that end of the floor...6ers scored plenty of points last year... gave up more tho...how will Nash fix that?
Old 07-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #54
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

My statement about the matter in three points:

1) Both teams would get worse...

Suns would probably get 4th seed and get eliminated in the second round. :rollingeyes:

Sixers wouldn't make the playoffs (again)... Nash would probably get injured. :rollingeyes:

2)

They asked Colangelo about building the Raptors franchise - the first thing that came out of his mouth was: "Is Steve Nash avaliable?".

My point is... about 15 teams in this leauge would kill to get their hands on Nash...

The sixers got an offer from Boston: Iverson for Wally, Gerald and box of Gatorade.

At this moment Nash is very valuable player (MVP you would say).... like Iverson was few years ago.

3)

After this season (2006/7)... I would be happy with only one scenario including trading Nash: Nash for Chris Paul.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:16 AM   #55
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Since your saying ai is too ball dominant to make the suns better lets try with other ball dominant guards.

Would switching Kobe and nash make the suns better(they can play a different syle and Barbosa vould function playing off kobe.

Tell me

Barbosa
Kobe
Joe Johnson
MArion
Amare

dont win the champtionship

or if that doesnt work try jordan, he was ball dominant as well.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #56
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
My point is... about 15 teams in this leauge would kill to get their hands on Nash...

How do you know this Coangelo is the same guy who brought him to Phoenix?

Its obvious he likes Nash, Hell the suns drafted Nash. Dallas & Phoenix have just been passing the guy back and forth...

Doesnt mean 15 teams want him.....It means Phoenix and Coangelo want him
Old 07-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #57
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
How do you know this Coangelo is the same guy who brought him to Phoenix?

Its obvious he likes Nash, Hell the suns drafted Nash. Dallas & Phoenix have just been passing the guy back and forth...

Doesnt mean 15 teams want him.....It means Phoenix and Coangelo want him

I was just making the point.

You can't trade Steve Nash at the moment, on the other hand you MUST trade Iverson. Simple as that.

But that is just my opinion.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #58
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
on the other hand you MUST trade Iverson.

I dont know where you got that idea (actually I do, the rumor mill and the so called experts make it seem like we MUST trade Iverson)

But thats not true.... the truth is this: The Sixers MUST improve. the reality is that Billy King is willing to trade Iverson to do it. He wont trade Iverson just for the sake of trading him. But if the proper deal can be made, the sixers will make it. If not, then Iverson will be a 76er next season.

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 07-14-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #59
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i think the Suns would be just as good if not better. the players Phoenix has would work really well with him imo.

Bell/Barbosa - shooters
Diaw - can run the offense
Amare - nuff said
Marion - rebounder/defender

The suns would still be a playoff team, but would not make it out of the first round, whereas the 76ers would be garunteed to go to the second round.

AI simply doesn't have the court vision that Nash does, or the creative passing. He has good court vision and is very creative with the ball, but sorry he just isn't on Nash's level in terms of those things.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #60
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
The suns would still be a playoff team, but would not make it out of the first round, whereas the 76ers would be garunteed to go to the second round.

Nobody seems to consider defense around here....

unless Nash could improve the team defense in Philly, they probably would miss the playoffs altogether...

We already can score, just cant stop other teams from scoring..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: