Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #91
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Okay Jan, so when Philly is in a close game, iverson is at the two and the other team posts up or isolates their bigger two guard time after time with great success, this is good D?
At least Nash guards the PG. Iverson, because of his inability to distribute hence command big minutes at the one spot is perpetually forced into mismatches where he gets beat.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #92
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan803
so rasheed is saying that the higher scoring, better effecient nash would bring ito the 76ers sn't going to translate in the thing that's most important to a 76er fan.

a championship.
He's obviously not saying this at all. We're comparing Nash to Iverson here, remember?

BTW, if you were paying attention last year, the Sixers' defense was much worse than the Suns'.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #93
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Okay Jan, so when Philly is in a close game, iverson is at the two and the other team posts up or isolates their bigger two guard time after time with great success, this is good D?
At least Nash guards the PG. Iverson, because of his inability to distribute hence command big minutes at the one spot is perpetually forced into mismatches where he gets beat.

nash guards air, not pgs.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:47 PM   #94
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan803
nash guards air, not pgs.
If your team's PG self-destructs whether he's guarded or not, then why shouldn't he?
Old 07-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #95
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
If your team's PG self-destructs whether he's guarded or not, then why shouldn't he?

well naturally you can point out smush's weaknesses, but i wasn't thinking of him when i posted earlier.

it could have been shaun livingston. dunlevey left him some situations in one of the clipper losses that sam i am should have been put in.

but i was thinking along the lines of jason terry and devin harris.

Last edited by jan803 : 07-14-2006 at 03:53 PM. Reason: a bad typo
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #96
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

That never happens(unless a team has 2 big guards in at the same time).. Even if Iverson plays the 2 on offense, he'll still match up with the Pg on defense....

There are players who take advantage of AI's size at the Pg position...Jason Kidd comes to mind.....When Mark Jackson was on the Pacers, he was torture on AI
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:58 PM   #97
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He's obviously not saying this at all. We're comparing Nash to Iverson here, remember?

What she said is actually pretty close to the point Im trying to make. The thread says switch AI & Nash...

Im not expert enough on Phoenix roster and their strengths/weaknesses to give an analysis of what would happen if AI wound up there in place of Nash, so I wont waste time wondering about that. But I am knowledgable enough to speculate on what the sixers would be like with Nash on the team.

I dont see any real improvement without more defense for the sixers
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #98
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I dont see any real improvement without more defense for the sixers
He's not saying you won't improve, he's saying there's a ceiling on that improvement--which is irrelevant, of course, because Sixer fans aren't spending this offseason planning where the parade's going to go through.

As I said earlier, I don't think Nash could improve the Sixers while Chris Webber is there. If you replaced Webber with a nonentity like Kenny Thomas, I think Nash could generate a few extra wins over AI, by teasing extra offense out of players like Iguodala and Dalembert, but with Webber screwing things up on both ends, there's only so much anybody can accomplish.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:37 PM   #99
TLV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TLV has an OK reputation so far

The best defense is a good offense.
TLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #100
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation

Suns would drop a little. Sixers would go up a little.

PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: