Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #16
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: List the top 3 reasons your on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Because I hate talking about sports in the real world. Everybody has retarded opinions and in the real world, there are better things to do than set people straight, and in the real world, you care about people not liking you for correcting them all the time.

Also, talking about sports with people feels horribly shallow for some reason. Like I'm some stock office worker in some movie looking to pass the time talking about politics and the local sports team to everyone that will listen. I try to keep my knowledge of the subject a secret so people won't bring it up with me.

So I do it online. It's a ton more fun, the people here are a lot more intelligent, it's easier to ignore dumb people, I can say whatever I want to someone and not care how it makes them feel, and I can get my sports fix without becoming that guy we all know who won't shut up about sports when people want to talk about something interesting.

Thank God for the internet.

Also, you can leave conversations whenever you feel like it. You don't have to transition your way out of a conversation. You can log off at anytime.

Another good thing is that you don't have to gague people's interest levels. Anyone who visits a basketball site and has several thousand posts is obviously a diehard, so you don't have to worry about boring them to death.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Because I hate talking about sports in the real world. Everybody has retarded opinions and in the real world, there are better things to do than set people straight, and in the real world, you care about people not liking you for correcting them all the time.
I completely agree. It's nice to get away from the morons in real life that think Kobe Bryant is a top 5 all-time player or people who think Larry Bird was "that white guy who could only shoot threes". I don't even bother talking about sports in real life as much as I used to... nobody is educated.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 PM   #18
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. To talk basketball with intelligent human beings who aren't complete and utter and retards. Though there are a few of them but not as many as people think.

2. To say random jibber jabber that no one really reads or pays attention to but it feels good to get it off of my bosom.

3. To collect(steal) factual information regarding basketball and it's history so I can then go on to plagiarise the works of the good posters.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #19
lakerfan57
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lakerfan57 has an OK reputation so far

1. love basketball

2. get different perspectives of whats going on in the world (especially when it comes to the Lakers, no shortage of reality checks for the Lakers on these boards).

3. bored at work, ISH preferred over TMZ and myspace
lakerfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #20
lakerfan57
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lakerfan57 has an OK reputation so far

1. love basketball

2. get different perspectives of whats going on in the world (especially when it comes to the Lakers, no shortage of reality checks for the Lakers on these boards).

3. bored at work, ISH preferred over TMZ and myspace
lakerfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #21
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Ish just has a ring to it...No but seriously I enjoy learning new things I never knew and getting different opinions about what other fans think about a certain topic...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #22
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

I love b-ball and most of my friends are football fans and aren't really into basketball.

this site gives me something to do when i'm on my lunch break at work

i love the rumours page it gives me my basketball fix for the day while it's teh off season
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #23
kazaks
I hit open 5-footers

kazaks has an OK reputation so far

1. I love basketball
2. I know way more about basketball than anyone I know in the real world, except I know way less than most people on ISH
3. Its somethin to do
(4)To get all the rumors
kazaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #24
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far

1) To hear rumours and speculate about stuff that the orgs and nba.com etc. doesnt like to talk about.

2) Basketball is pretty inaccessable this side of the pond and nobody else knows about NBA here so it's good to talk about it where it's normal.

3) It's somewhere to talk about the best sport in the world
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: