Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #151
steve franchise
Local High School Star
 
steve franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekzistenz
And if Shaq could shoot free-throws he'd be a hell of a lot better too. But guess what he can't, just like Dirk doesn't have a low-post game, so leave out the what-ifs.

Answer me this question. What is Dirk suppose to do when his shots aren't falling? Every other all-star that shoots J's thinks about driving inside and going to the foul line, something that Dirk is not capable of doing.
Almost every big man has been horrible at their free throw shooting. Yet they have been succesful and WON A TITLE.

Quote:
Hakeem wasn't a 7 footer. If you're going to talk about 7-footers, then talk about 7-footers. Don't go putting in players below 7 feet just because they re-enforce your argument.
WOW! Being 6-11 actually changes the whole point of this thread. Now because you're one inch shorter you can't be the dominant tall guy ( 7ft, 6-11, you're still tall)that WON TITLES.
Quote:
He is a bit of a soft player

Yeah, a bit.
Quote:
The thing is he actually doesn't shoot too many 3s, he's more of a high-post player.

In other words he's still outside shooting right? 3's or long jumpers, if he's not feeling it there's no game left. Right? Yeah, thought so. High-post player. Please, the word Post and Dirk don't go together.

Quote:
How about you make a list of player's that are 7-foot and are legitimate inside threats.
Everybody knows you need someone inside, right? There's been opportunities to sign someone over the past 9 seasons. Yet I don't see anybody. Does this mean is not Dirk's fault? If is not then Cuban should worry about a new GM rather than buying the cubs team.

Quote:
That's because your list was retarded
Please, no childish coments.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #152
go_blue
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Detroit,Michigan
Posts: 612
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

i agree they should work in the paint more than beyond the ark but rasheed is verry good at hitting the outside jays along with the ability to post up.
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #153
steve franchise
Local High School Star
 
steve franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

Quote:
Since there is an utter lack of post up bigs who could actually deliver... then why not go for 2nd best.
(mas put......)
Yeah, finding 7 footers that extend the range is a lot easier than finding an old skool type center. Please, no excuses.
Just see the list:
Yao Ming, Dwight Howard, Carlos Boozer, Eddie Curry, Nene, Tyson Chandler, Crish Bosh, Elton Brand, Samuel Dalembert, Chris Kaman, Al Jefferson, Randolph, Pau Gasol ( you have it on your avatar), Emeka Okafor, and not to mention Greg Oden, Al Horford, Big Baby Glen Davis, Spencer Hawes. All these players can actually post not like Dirk, Dampier and Diop.
WHAT?, IT'S THE TRUTH OR NOT? RIGHT?, THOUGHT SO. RIGHT?, WHAT?
UTTER LACK YOU MAKE ME SICK
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #154
grimreaper1377
Local High School Star
 
grimreaper1377's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,096
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

It's not that bad. In fact, in last year's playoffs he was a nightmare to guard. The problem is that when he goes cold, or someone can actually guard him, he's not really worth anything. The only time I saw Dirk in the recent playoffs was when he hit those threes at the end of Game 5.

Overall, it's not a problem but it is once you have no other options left.
grimreaper1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #155
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.
 
mateo31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 831
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

Dirk Nowitzki has actually improved his low post game quite a bit over the years.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:43 AM   #156
ekzistenz
Decent playground baller
 
ekzistenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 299
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
Answer me this question. What is Dirk suppose to do when his shots aren't falling? Every other all-star that shoots J's thinks about driving inside and going to the foul line, something that Dirk is not capable of doing.
Almost every big man has been horrible at their free throw shooting. Yet they have been succesful and WON A TITLE.

He is a capable slasher and is a great ball handler for his size which can be seen by the amount of free throws he shoots. And by the way, not every big man has won a title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
WOW! Being 6-11 actually changes the whole point of this thread. Now because you're one inch shorter you can't be the dominant tall guy ( 7ft, 6-11, you're still tall)that WON TITLES.

So what is the point of your thread?


Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
Everybody knows you need someone inside, right? There's been opportunities to sign someone over the past 9 seasons. Yet I don't see anybody. Does this mean is not Dirk's fault? If is not then Cuban should worry about a new GM rather than buying the cubs team.

What opportunities? How can it possibly be Dirk's fault that their GM has found them a low post threat yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
Please, no childish coments.

Well, when you list is retarded it's not too childish to state the truth.

Hell, I don't even know what you're arguing any more and I doubt you do either. First you say 7-footers, then you change it to include players shorter then 7-feet. Secondly, you switch it up from 3 point shooters to players who shoot outside jumpshots.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for your list on available 7-footers with a legitimite low post game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
(mas put......)
Yeah, finding 7 footers that extend the range is a lot easier than finding an old skool type center. Please, no excuses.
Just see the list:
Yao Ming, Dwight Howard, Carlos Boozer, Eddie Curry, Nene, Tyson Chandler, Crish Bosh, Elton Brand, Samuel Dalembert, Chris Kaman, Al Jefferson, Randolph, Pau Gasol ( you have it on your avatar), Emeka Okafor, and not to mention Greg Oden, Al Horford, Big Baby Glen Davis, Spencer Hawes. All these players can actually post not like Dirk, Dampier and Diop.
WHAT?, IT'S THE TRUTH OR NOT? RIGHT?, THOUGHT SO. RIGHT?, WHAT?
UTTER LACK YOU MAKE ME SICK

Wow, another awesome list of yours. Now let's see who's available out of these players (Not to mention the fact that about half of them are shorter then 7-feet).

Yao Ming - Definitely not available. Has a good low post game though.
Dwight Howard - Definitely not available. He doesn't have a very good low post game, although he has heaps of potential.
Carlos Boozer - Good low post game, however he's a bit of a matador on defense and doesn't play centre.
Eddie Curry - Good low post game, but plays no defense whatsoever and can't rebound either. I can pretty much guarantee that he won't win a championship.
Nene - Good, young player that Dallas should target. Although he has a large contract and is coming off a knee injury. What pieces do Dallas have to get him though?
Tyson Chandler - Yeah, he really has a legitimate low post game. The guy didn't even average 10 points a game.
Chris Bosh - Definitely not available. Toronto's franchise player.
Elton Brand - Too undersized to play centre. Good low post game though.
Samuel Dalambert - Doesn't have a low post game.
Chris Kaman - Has regressed quite a bit since getting his contract
Al Jefferson - Although a bit undersized to play centre would be an alright fit for Dallas. However, if Minny just traded KG to get him what makes you think they'd give him up.
Zach Randolph - Undersized to play centre, also a bit of a questionable guy. Again he doesn't play much defense.
Pau Gasol - Decent low post game. Someone Dallas should target.
Emeka Okafor - Charlottes franchise player. No chance of a trade.
The rest of your list - unproven rookies who haven't done much of anything yet.

So looking at your list there's Nene, Pau Gasol, maybe EB and Al jefferson. So that's 4 players and how exactly would Dallas be able to get them. And if they traded Dirk straight up for one of them, how many do you think would a championship? Another great list mate.

Last edited by ekzistenz : 08-05-2007 at 02:51 AM.
ekzistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:57 AM   #157
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,914
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
(mas put......)
Yeah, finding 7 footers that extend the range is a lot easier than finding an old skool type center. Please, no excuses.
Just see the list:
Yao Ming, Dwight Howard, Carlos Boozer, Eddie Curry, Nene, Tyson Chandler, Crish Bosh, Elton Brand, Samuel Dalembert, Chris Kaman, Al Jefferson, Randolph, Pau Gasol ( you have it on your avatar), Emeka Okafor, and not to mention Greg Oden, Al Horford, Big Baby Glen Davis, Spencer Hawes. All these players can actually post not like Dirk, Dampier and Diop.
WHAT?, IT'S THE TRUTH OR NOT? RIGHT?, THOUGHT SO. RIGHT?, WHAT?
UTTER LACK YOU MAKE ME SICK

And which GM would take any of them above Dirk?
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:05 AM   #158
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman
 
el_locoteee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,670
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekzistenz
He is a capable slasher and is a great ball handler for his size which can be seen by the amount of free throws he shoots. And by the way, not every big man has won a title.



So what is the point of your thread?




What opportunities? How can it possibly be Dirk's fault that their GM has found them a low post threat yet?



Well, when you list is retarded it's not too childish to state the truth.

Hell, I don't even know what you're arguing any more and I doubt you do either. First you say 7-footers, then you change it to include players shorter then 7-feet. Secondly, you switch it up from 3 point shooters to players who shoot outside jumpshots.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for your list on available 7-footers with a legitimite low post game.



Wow, another awesome list of yours. Now let's see who's available out of these players (Not to mention the fact that about half of them are shorter then 7-feet).

Yao Ming - Definitely not available. Has a good low post game though.
Dwight Howard - Definitely not available. He doesn't have a very good low post game, although he has heaps of potential.
Carlos Boozer - Good low post game, however he's a bit of a matador on defense and doesn't play centre.
Eddie Curry - Good low post game, but plays no defense whatsoever and can't rebound either. I can pretty much guarantee that he won't win a championship.
Nene - Good, young player that Dallas should target. Although he has a large contract and is coming off a knee injury. What pieces do Dallas have to get him though?
Tyson Chandler - Yeah, he really has a legitimate low post game. The guy didn't even average 10 points a game.
Chris Bosh - Definitely not available. Toronto's franchise player.
Elton Brand - Too undersized to play centre. Good low post game though.
Samuel Dalambert - Doesn't have a low post game.
Chris Kaman - Has regressed quite a bit since getting his contract
Al Jefferson - Although a bit undersized to play centre would be an alright fit for Dallas. However, if Minny just traded KG to get him what makes you think they'd give him up.
Zach Randolph - Undersized to play centre, also a bit of a questionable guy. Again he doesn't play much defense.
Pau Gasol - Decent low post game. Someone Dallas should target.
Emeka Okafor - Charlottes franchise player. No chance of a trade.
The rest of your list - unproven rookies who haven't done much of anything yet.

So looking at your list there's Nene, Pau Gasol, maybe EB and Al jefferson. So that's 4 players and how exactly would Dallas be able to get them. And if they traded Dirk straight up for one of them, how many do you think would a championship? Another great list mate.

Pau I think is the best option but salary a little bit higher to match in a trade. Why not use Dirk as SF like bird,only problem not to quick to guard opposing SF, but he is not to strong to guard PF either. Other choice is use him as a Center, the center in this era are weak compare to PF and he have played as Center before.

Last edited by el_locoteee : 08-05-2007 at 03:11 AM.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:25 AM   #159
ekzistenz
Decent playground baller
 
ekzistenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 299
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_locoteee
Pau I think is the best option but salary a little bit higher to match in a trade. Why not use Dirk as SF like bird,only problem not to quick to guard opposing SF, but he is not to strong to guard PF either. Other choice is use him as a Center, the center in this era are weak compare to PF and he have played as Center before.

Yeah Pau and Nene seem to be the best options. The only problem is Dallas don't really have many trade pieces. I reckon Dirk may be a bit too slow to guard SFs and Dallas already have a good SF in Josh Howard. He could play C, but then you at least need a decent defensive power forward so they have some to fill the hole. Damp and Diop were brought in for that reason, but their lack of any kind of offense is hurting Dallas. This guy seems to reckon that it's simple to pick up a legitimate low post threat and win a championship. Hell if it was as easy as he made it out to be every team would be winning the championship.
ekzistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #160
steve franchise
Local High School Star
 
steve franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekzistenz
So what is the point of your thread?


Wow, another awesome list of yours. Now let's see who's available out of these players (Not to mention the fact that about half of them are shorter then 7-feet).

Yao Ming - Definitely not available. Has a good low post game though.
Dwight Howard - Definitely not available. He doesn't have a very good low post game, although he has heaps of potential.
Carlos Boozer - Good low post game, however he's a bit of a matador on defense and doesn't play centre.
Eddie Curry - Good low post game, but plays no defense whatsoever and can't rebound either. I can pretty much guarantee that he won't win a championship.
Nene - Good, young player that Dallas should target. Although he has a large contract and is coming off a knee injury. What pieces do Dallas have to get him though?
Tyson Chandler - Yeah, he really has a legitimate low post game. The guy didn't even average 10 points a game.
Chris Bosh - Definitely not available. Toronto's franchise player.
Elton Brand - Too undersized to play centre. Good low post game though.
Samuel Dalambert - Doesn't have a low post game.
Chris Kaman - Has regressed quite a bit since getting his contract
Al Jefferson - Although a bit undersized to play centre would be an alright fit for Dallas. However, if Minny just traded KG to get him what makes you think they'd give him up.
Zach Randolph - Undersized to play centre, also a bit of a questionable guy. Again he doesn't play much defense.
Pau Gasol - Decent low post game. Someone Dallas should target.
Emeka Okafor - Charlottes franchise player. No chance of a trade.
The rest of your list - unproven rookies who haven't done much of anything yet.

So looking at your list there's Nene, Pau Gasol, maybe EB and Al jefferson. So that's 4 players and how exactly would Dallas be able to get them. And if they traded Dirk straight up for one of them, how many do you think would a championship? Another great list mate.

First of all who told you this list was to find out what is available, I was replying to someone that was talking about lack of post up guys.
By the way the point of this thread is to state that you cannot build a team around a shooting power forward like Dirk is, with no post up threat. Yi has Bogut, Barganni has Bosh, and Dirk has ? .
That's the point.
END OF THREAD
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy