Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #61
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
How about Steve francis playing point guard but acting like a shooting guard?
doesn't make his teammates better, cant shoot outside w/ consistency? how many rings has he won? how bout KG? he can shoot from the outside, great low post scorer, how many rings does he have?

In winning and not winning a championship, its not the mistake of 1 player, it takes a genius GM of combining players that will complement each other and have good chemistry. All players has there own strengths and weaknesses thats why you have teammates

Let me ask you this? Is Steve Francis the MVP all-star that is surrounded wit role players. No! And about KG he is a low post threat and can extend the range a little bit, but i guess you couldn't beat my lis of big men working in the paint that've won rings. Big Men All-Stars with no rings, there are a few out there. Yeah like Dirk's weakness was stop his J's and that's it. and about team mates, Dallas was one of the deepest teams in the NBA. And how do you expect your role players to step up if your All-Star doesnt. " a genius GM of combining players." What! you have to be a genius to figure out that Dirk needs help inside the paint, that's what Dallas needs. You don't see Dampier and Diop as an offensive threat? Right? By an inside precense i mean someone that actually can score down there, that works in the paint. Francis has 0 rings but he's not a big man, and he wasn't surrounded with good role players like Stackhouse, J. Howard, and J. Terry. Dirk has that but he still needs someone inside that can score.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:16 PM   #62
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far

Rasheed Wallace isn't exactly 7 feet but he's a very good 3 point shooter.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #63
reecedoc
I airball my layups

reecedoc has an OK reputation so far

stopped Mr. MVP's shooting tactics and he had no game left. Mr. MVP with 8 points in game six(elimination game). MVP! 8pts! What![/quote]

true true, ur right dirk aint ****, when he's under pressure- he shows it everytime, i was so mad when he won mvp, ....mvp's dont score 8pts on the brink of elmination
reecedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #64
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Okur is the 3rd offensive option behind Boozer(their low post threat) and Deron Williams. If Okur and Boozer both anchored in the post then it would be too crowded and help D would be close by making each player less effective. Yao and Duncan outscored him because they are flat out better and more integral to their teams offense.

The Mavs already new from Dirk's past that he isnt a low post threat and he won an MVP so there is no point trying to change his game. They signed Dampier to man the middle and be their interior force and he is a pathetic waste of money. It was Dirk's fault for stepping up but you cant call him out for something that he never does so you cant expect him to do it.

You can't take away Dirk's shooting range and his style of playing. 10 years in the league and most with the Mavericks. What Cuban should do is hire a good coach that teaches Dirk how to work in the paint. That would be ADDING to his game not CHANGING. You're going to tell me that in Dirk's 10 year career he mever worried to develope a low post game and add to his skills. Now look at the consequences, you put an average defensive smaller guy on him and he can't punish them down in the low block. If Dallas knew Dirk didn't had an inside game, they should of also known that MOST teams that've won had a big man inside. I agree with you about Okur, he has Bozeer inside so he can give him space. Who does Dirk have? Yi has Bogut, something better than nothing. Bargani has Bosh. That's a contending team in the future. What was Dallas thinking? They need to at least try to trade Dampier and Diop for a big man that can score in the post.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 PM   #65
reecedoc
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
Yeah but the difference is that when they get GUARDS on him like Golden State did on Nowitzki he can post them up. He would probably dominate the boards and have thirty point game, posting those guards or small forwards whatever. He is a combo forward not like Dirk which is a one dimentional player. What else do you want from Sheed he can shoot the outside shot AND post. He's not one dimensional like Dirk. If you actually watched Basketball you knew Rasheed's characteristics. Don't waste my time, end the thread like that. I wouldn't have a problem with Dirk if he had SOME post up moves.

he's right again rasheed wallace will jack up 3's but he'll also post yo ass up.. let that would of been the pistons playing gsw, wallace would of did the same thing boozer done 2 there ass hahahaha, good point boi
Old 07-26-2007, 11:33 PM   #66
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
You even said it, at least Rasheed has an inside post game not like Dirk. Rusell wasn't a seven footer but was there a disadvantage with him working inside? No. In Dirk's case is different. He goes out there and takes jumpshots that a guard is suppose to take, there's nothing wrong with that. But when you see that guards all over you, punish them like a real MVP in the post.
Hakeem WAS a seven footer. Is there something wrong with Big Ben grabing rebounds? Are You against that? That's why he gets critized too because he has no offense at all. I wouldn't have a problem with Dirk if he like Rasheed, had SOME post up game. At least enough to get those smaller guys off your back.

Hakeem was listed as 7 ft probably w/ shoes like KG and Tim Duncan are 6.11 but NBA love to use the magic 7ft thing, in the rest of the world, people doesn't even care about that, because they use metric measurement, no much difference between 2.11 an 2.14.
But you talking about 7ft that shoot 3s but then you mention non 7 ft why don't you say, Big man that shoot 3's. Then R. Lewis and other big should be include, if you using the height as a reference.

If you Mention Big Ben because he won a ring then R. Horry have 7 and he shoot 3s and have almost no game in the post.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 PM   #67
reecedoc
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
JalenRawley I think you're missing the point. Don Nelson knew Dirk's weaknesses because he is partially responsible for them. Dirk isn't a big man jumpshooter by preference. He's a big man jumpshooter because he does not have the balls or the ability to punish a team for sending a shooting guard out to guard him. Don Nelson knowing this is not Avery Johnson's fault. It's Dirk's for having that gigantic hole in his game to begin with.

true true... dirk is just weak ass hell... whoever like dirk's game is just plain idiots
Old 07-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #68
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Is there a disadvantage when Boozer is posting No? Is there a disadvantage when Dirk is settling for jump shots? Yes. He is a good player, i would even like to have him in my team. I'm just saying that he needs to develope a post play, or get one. Dampier and Diop are trash at offensive threats in the paint.
Dirk rebounds( what he's suppose to be doing) but that doesn't solve his posting ability weakness. You really think Dallas can win without a post precense, Dirk is begging to get one. By the way, did you see what happened to the Lakers when they tried to build around the Kobe. He won rings with a post precense. And TD, Rasheed, Shaq have rings. Can Kobe do it without Shaq? Thank You for reading my point. Suns have Amare, that's why they're contenders. they have someone inside. Not like Dallas.
Let teams build around Kobe(no shaq in his team), Dirk, and read your results. NO RING. Dirk got by TD but once again the Spurs with their big man have demostrated that Inside post wins rings. Dallas? I guess TD gave him a shot at the ring. He once again failed to respond to post guys like Posey and smaller ones.

How many rings does the Suns have? And Dallas no contender??
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #69
reecedoc
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
So for now everybody knows the heavy weaknesses Dirk has.

Do you predict he will score 19.7 ppg next season? Or lesser?
And the Mavericks miss the playoffs because of that? :)

i dont care what he does in the regular season, he can avg. 40 all i care- but when playoffs come- teams are gonna expose his ass again- cause its just that easy..... if dirk wasnt 7feet- he'd be out the league, he has 1 thing and thats a jumper--- do u guys remember dennis scott hahahaah, he didnt last long cause all he did was shoot
Old 07-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #70
reecedoc
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Iím not missing the point, I called the point out: The point of this thread is merely to bash Dirk. Itís a waste of time.

You can sit and bash every single player in the league for the things they donít do, but when youíre trying to bash a player for the things he does well thatís just plain ignorant.

Dirk had a coach in Germany you know. Itís not like he was just a tall guy who never saw a basketball before Don Nelson took that simple lump of clay and molded him into a jumpshooter. Dirk obviously is a good jump shooter, I donít think anyone is arguing against that point, and again every single year heís showed growth in his game. His team made the Finals the year before last, last year his team was the best team in the regular season, and he was the MVP of the league. You donít achieve these things by being a spot up jumpshooter. In my opinion, the big blow to Dirk came when Nash left. To this day, Dallas still does not have a single player who excels in getting the ball to the scorers in the right place. Terry is -not- a point guard. Harris is -not- a point guard. Theyíre both combo guards. Theyíre good, and they required adjustments from the whole team, but neither one of those players is Steve Nash. Terry and Harris do not make the players around them better. And again, people can argue until the cows come home about how Steve Nash makes the players around him better, he -definitely- made Dirk a better player, and Dirk made him a better player. They worked out together, they played a LOT together, they had chemistry, and most of all, Steve was a distributer and Dirk was a scorer. Dirk wasnít brought in to put the Mavericks on his shoulders, and thatís just not the type of player he is. And although it can be argued that Nash is, I personally donít think he is either. But together, plus Finley, plus whoever else is on the same page working with them, they were able to progress without that superstar with the world on his shoulders.

You canít blame Dirk for being something heís not. Thatís like blaming Kobe for not being egoless, or Lebron for not being a pure shooter, or Shaq for not being a finesse player. Kobe has an ego, he thinks he can do anything, and thatís a integral part of who he is and what he is able to do. If he didnít have that confidence, thereís no way heíd be the player he is today. Lebron isnít a pure shooter, he makes up for it with his athleticism and his natural ability to play the game. If he was an incredible shooter, he probably wouldnít have developed the other parts of his game the way he has. Shaq is not soft. If he had Luc Longleyís game, would he have achieved what he has? Itís a personís strengths and weaknesses that make them who they are. Hell, why donít you blame Allen Iverson for being short? If he was 6'8" would he have been so aggressive and so tough? Would he have been so quick? Would he have the crossover/penetration game he has? Maybe, maybe not, but itís the combination of those strengths and weaknesses that define what a player will become.

In my opinion, asking Dirk to do things that arenít a strength in his game is no different than when Horace Grant left the Bulls and they asked Scottie Pippen to rebound more and play more power forward to make up for the loss and so Toni Kukoc could play the small forward position. Pippen was a good rebounder in his career, but sorry, heís not Horace Grant, and asking him to be Horace Grant is not within his capabilities, let alone the fact that itís a bit offensive to have someone ask you to sacrifice what youíre good at to do things youíre not good at because your front office ****ed up.

And whaddaya know, that brings us full circle to Dallas.

You want Dirk Nowitski to be something heís not because the front office ****ed up and let Nash go, and replaced him with players that didnít feel the needs that needed to be filled. If I were Dirk, Iíd be pushing for Dallas to trade him to Phoenix for Marion!

thats b.s dirk aint make nash better, nash is already good- **** it can be nash and anybody else on a team- and you'll be good playing next 2 him--- dont compare dirk 2 nash--- dirk is sorry
Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #71
reecedoc
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
Well i never said sheed doesnt have a post presence:rollingeyes:
.... the pistons do a lot of pick n pop... once i seen sheed go 1 of 11 from 3's while having a smaller player(pg) on him...

does matter rasheed has a ring now, and rasheed is better than dirk
Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 PM   #72
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecedoc
true true... dirk is just weak ass hell... whoever like dirk's game is just plain idiots

He just need somebody that complement his game, Like Shaq have rings playing along greats wing players, Dirk need somebody that play inside.

BTW. Dallas just play a team that are just a nightmare to them and have the works match-up they can face.

Dirk is a great player but he is not Jordan, he cant be contain if the right match-up are use, Dallas vs the rest of the NBA is a different story.

Remember this is a Team sport even Jordan didn't started wining until Pippen came to the NBA. The worts mistake of Dallas was signing Dampier to a Big contract. Dallas was one of the worst team to score in the paint. They need to fix that, but they where close to wining all if not for D-whistle.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 PM   #73
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You can't take away Dirk's shooting range and his style of playing. 10 years in the league and most with the Mavericks. What Cuban should do is hire a good coach that teaches Dirk how to work in the paint. That would be ADDING to his game not CHANGING. You're going to tell me that in Dirk's 10 year career he mever worried to develope a low post game and add to his skills. Now look at the consequences, you put an average defensive smaller guy on him and he can't punish them down in the low block. If Dallas knew Dirk didn't had an inside game, they should of also known that MOST teams that've won had a big man inside. I agree with you about Okur, he has Bozeer inside so he can give him space. Who does Dirk have? Yi has Bogut, something better than nothing. Bargani has Bosh. That's a contending team in the future. What was Dallas thinking? They need to at least try to trade Dampier and Diop for a big man that can score in the post.

Im sure Dirk has tried to add it to his game and coaches have drilled it into his head trying to get him to become more of a post threat. When it comes down to it though i think it is more of a mental thing when it comes to Dirk. When someone bodies him up and plays him physical he is just gonna go back to his usual game of 2 dribbles and a pull up jumper. I think he just has a soft mentality because he is more than happy to toss up jumpers rather than do the dirty work in the paint.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:56 PM   #74
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far

Dirk's a flake.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #75
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecedoc
does matter rasheed has a ring now, and rasheed is better than dirk

No he is not better, he never want to be a leader, and remember he choke to when being a leader of the Blazers, thats why Dirk is better at least he get the blame of loosing, and took a team as a leader to the finals playing in the west.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: