Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #121
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 7-Footers shooting 3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
I'm pretty sure the list of 7-footers NOT shooting threes AND NOT winning rings is much longer!

Dirk is an allstar. So give my list of 7 foot ALLSTARS not shooting threes that havent wrong rings. Lets see if you can beat my list. When you cant find enough players to beat my list, SHUT UP, AND DONT WASTE MY TIME.
Shaq, Kareem, David Robinson, Hakeem, Wilt, Duncan, Bill Wlaton, Mourning, Russell*, Rasheed ( shoots 3s and posts ), Big Ben*

*Not 7 feet but were big man which again goes back to my point, that you need a low post player to win a ring.

Last edited by steve franchise : 07-29-2007 at 08:52 PM.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #122
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
NOBODY HAS REPLIED, I DONT SEE NO LIST, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Um... because 7 footers shooting threes is a new trend, so no decades-worth of rings. I think most here just ignored that your list. Apples / Oranges.

(1) If I can wade through all of the hyperbole and excess detail, I believe you are saying: "7 footers that focus on their inside game have won championships with their teams"

(2) And the rest are saying: "True, but 7 footers who can shoot threes as well aint bad to have"

So... (1) yes, and (2) yes.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #123
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Um... because 7 footers shooting threes is a new trend, so no decades-worth of rings. I think most here just ignored that your list. Apples / Oranges.

(1) If I can wade through all of the hyperbole and excess detail, I believe you are saying: "7 footers that focus on their inside game have won championships with their teams"

(2) And the rest are saying: "True, but 7 footers who can shoot threes as well aint bad to have"

So... (1) yes, and (2) yes.

Quote:
7 footers shooting threes is a new trend
You remember Bob McAdoo, he wasnt seven feet but whats the difference, he was tall shooting threes, so you cant tell me that that's a new trend.

And Yes I will take both (1) and (2), my problem is why do 7 footers shoot threes as their primary weapon, they should take advantage of their height and work in the paint too.

Last edited by steve franchise : 07-29-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 AM   #124
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
And Yes I will take both (1) and (2), my problem is why do 7 footers shoot threes as their primary weapon, they should take advantage of their height and work in the paint too.

Coz they're not good enough inside? Much better than being a big stiff who does nothing.

I mean, if Jason Collins develops a 3 pt shot, he won't be as worthless right?

As for the 10 year thing you're saying. Blame Dallas management for not getting Dirk a complimentary post up player in that span. Don't blame 7 foot shooting centers who can't develop a post up game.

I for one would like to vent out my disdain for guards who can't shoot to save their life. They can't extend defenses so their bigs can't operate in the post.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:54 AM   #125
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

What are you trying to proove In this post? That 7-Footers should not shoot 3's? Or that Championships are won by &-Footers that Don't shoot 3's? It is really unclear what all of your posts are trying to show.
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:44 AM   #126
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
OK let's leave it like that, Dirk cant post but he's gonna have to do something with that. He cant let no guards bully him (Stephen Jackson, Matt Barnes, M Pietrus). Oh anyways wasnt that a mismatch exactly what you were talking about, what happened right there with the mismatch crap?

In games won:

29 points, 12 rebounds
35 points, 7 rebounds

Vs the Warriors. It wasn't Dirk's fault they lost anyway. It was poor coaching, and poor team work. Warriors were the only team that could shut down the Mavericks consistently. Just goes to prove that some systems work fantastically against other systems. That's why he wasn't able to 'dominate' against Jackson, Barnes etc. For the record, he still averaged over 20ppg that series, just on a variety of different moves.

A Mismatch means when one play is weaker, slower, less athletic then the attacking player. Dirk is one of the fastest and most athletic 7' footers in the NBA, if not the best at both. There's a mismatch right away. He's much stronger then people give him credit for. His 9 board per night show that he isn't some soft European on defense. His shot wasn't falling because they pressured him into making poor shot attempts, but that doesn't make him a bad player. That just means he wasn't mentally in the games. His coach and his teammates kept going back to him for everything, so what? What would you do if you were forced to do the **** he does?

Quote:
Dirk? ( mas pu...)
Didnt you hear that everybody wanted to take their MVP votes back?
Poor Nash they robbed his third MVP Award.

Proof?

Without any proof you don't have a story. I expect an article saying everyone wanted to take back their votes. Why would they want to anyway? It's a REGULAR season award. He played awesome in the regular season and deserved the away. Mavericks went 67-15, one of the best records ever, and he was a 25/9/4 threat every single night. Statistically he isn't much worse then Garnett, but by effect on the game, he's much better then Garnett.

So. Proof please.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:23 AM   #127
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

7 footers that shoot under 75% from the FT line have won more ring than the others.

Championships
Shaq - 52%
Kareem - 72%
Duncan - 68%
Walton - 67%

----------------------------
No Championships
Dirk - 86%
Yao - 82%
Okur - 79%

Using steve franchise logic = 7 footers + under 75 FT% = Championship
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:40 AM   #128
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Dirk is an allstar. So give my list of 7 foot ALLSTARS not shooting threes that havent wrong rings. Lets see if you can beat my list. When you cant find enough players to beat my list, SHUT UP, AND DONT WASTE MY TIME.
Shaq, Kareem, David Robinson, Hakeem, Wilt, Duncan, Bill Wlaton, Mourning, Russell*, Rasheed ( shoots 3s and posts ), Big Ben*

*Not 7 feet but were big man which again goes back to my point, that you need a low post player to win a ring.

Quote:

LOL

Robinson won rings because of Duncan
Walton only won 1 the rest as a bench guy.
Mourning 0 as a main man 1 as a back up.
Russell not a 7 footer.
Rasheed 0 as a main guy 1 as a role player. (AND SHOOTS TONS OF 3s)(Guest who was the MVP)
Big Ben doesn't have a low post offense he got no offense at all.

IF YOU GOING TO USE, UNDER 7 FOOTER, 6-9 PLAYERS AND BACKUP/BENCH FOR YOU ARGUMENT HERE IS A LIST OF PLAYERS THAT SHOOT 3s AND WON CHAMPIONSHIP.

Larry Bird - 3RINGS
Bill Laimbeer - 2RINGS
R. Horry 7RINGS
Okur- 1RING
RASHEED - 1RING
Old 07-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #129
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
In games won:

29 points, 12 rebounds
35 points, 7 rebounds

Vs the Warriors. It wasn't Dirk's fault they lost anyway. It was poor coaching, and poor team work. Warriors were the only team that could shut down the Mavericks consistently. Just goes to prove that some systems work fantastically against other systems. That's why he wasn't able to 'dominate' against Jackson, Barnes etc. For the record, he still averaged over 20ppg that series, just on a variety of different moves.

A Mismatch means when one play is weaker, slower, less athletic then the attacking player. Dirk is one of the fastest and most athletic 7' footers in the NBA, if not the best at both. There's a mismatch right away. He's much stronger then people give him credit for. His 9 board per night show that he isn't some soft European on defense. His shot wasn't falling because they pressured him into making poor shot attempts, but that doesn't make him a bad player. That just means he wasn't mentally in the games. His coach and his teammates kept going back to him for everything, so what? What would you do if you were forced to do the **** he does?

Proof?

Without any proof you don't have a story. I expect an article saying everyone wanted to take back their votes. Why would they want to anyway? It's a REGULAR season award. He played awesome in the regular season and deserved the away. Mavericks went 67-15, one of the best records ever, and he was a 25/9/4 threat every single night. Statistically he isn't much worse then Garnett, but by effect on the game, he's much better then Garnett.

So. Proof please.
Quote:
Without any proof you don't have a story
Did you watch the GS, Dallas series, I guess you didint because they were saying it straight up right there while the MVP was playing.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #130
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_locoteee
LOL

Robinson won rings because of Duncan
Walton only won 1 the rest as a bench guy.
Mourning 0 as a main man 1 as a back up.
Russell not a 7 footer.
Rasheed 0 as a main guy 1 as a role player. (AND SHOOTS TONS OF 3s)(Guest who was the MVP)
Big Ben doesn't have a low post offense he got no offense at all.

IF YOU GOING TO USE, UNDER 7 FOOTER, 6-9 PLAYERS AND BACKUP/BENCH FOR YOU ARGUMENT HERE IS A LIST OF PLAYERS THAT SHOOT 3s AND WON CHAMPIONSHIP.

Larry Bird - 3RINGS
Bill Laimbeer - 2RINGS
R. Horry 7RINGS
Okur- 1RING
RASHEED - 1RING
Quote:
Rasheed 0 as a main guy 1 as a role player. (AND SHOOTS TONS OF 3s
Damn it Locotee , how many times am I going to tell you that he posts too , and guess who did Detroit need the most? Okur or Big Ben. Everybody in Detroit was a role player.
Quote:
Russell not a 7 footer.
Didnt you see the freaken asteriks on Russell and Big Ben. Next time read carefully before you reply
Quote:
Larry Bird - 3RINGS
Bill Laimbeer - 2RINGS
R. Horry 7RINGS
Okur- 1RING
RASHEED - 1RING
Anyways your is list is still shorter, and all of them were not stars, only Larry Bird. And Larry Bird had a post up game too not like Dirk.

Last edited by steve franchise : 07-30-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #131
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I don't understand where all complaining on 7 footers shooting threes comes from.

You NEVER hear anyone saying Jason Kidd should stop rebounding and stick to being a point guard, wich is frankly just as ridiculous.
Great Point
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:48 PM   #132
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Damn it Locotee , how many times am I going to tell you that he posts too , and guess who did Detroit need the most? Okur or Big Ben. Everybody in Detroit was a role player.

Didnt you see the freaken asteriks on Russell and Big Ben. Next time read carefully before you reply

Anyways your is list is still shorter, and all of them were not stars, only Larry Bird. And Larry Bird had a post up game too not like Dirk.

Your arguments miss coherency!
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #133
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #134
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
I'm refering to el locotee here
If you dont get it then leave it alone.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #135
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:

isn't this a Post move (and a clutch play?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX1bUoMOs9k

I saw the * but you are using way under 7 footers for you argument and role player like morning and 0 offense players like Wallace for your argument.

With that logic Horry > NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: