Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Camden(lol) police tell rapper not to talk about snitches

Quote:
Camden police tell rapper to change tune
Swizz Beatz is urged to renounce anti-snitching sentiments.
Associated Press
Camden police have called for rapper Swizz Beatz to renounce anti-snitching sentiments or they will withdraw sponsorship of a "Peace on the Streets" rally scheduled today.
Lyrics in his single "It's Me Snitches" go "Freeze, you know who it is/ It's me, snitches" and "I ain't gonna shoot ya/ I could just choke ya."

Lines such as those appear to advocate violence and silencing informants, police said, in a city that is among the nation's most dangerous.

The police department says a culture that opposes cooperating with authorities makes crimes more difficult to solve and the city harder to clean up.

Other city officials say they have been assured that Swizz is no longer rapping about hard-core violence and will have a positive message in the two songs he is scheduled to perform at the rally today.

"He's actually sharing a lot of positiveness," says the Rev. Tony Evans, a spokesman for Mayor Gwendolyn Faison. "A lot of artists, even though they have material that might not be appropriate for all ages, they do want to position themselves as having a positive impact on communities."

The Associated Press yesterday sent an e-mail to Swizz's publicist seeking comment.

The New York-based producer, whose real name is Kasseem Dean, is to be paid by Philadelphia radio station Power 99 to appear at the rally, sponsored by local government and the school board.

I am tired of reading about corrupt police deparments preaching about "dont snitch"

are you kiddin me? the police telling someone to be honest? thats the biggest farce ive heard in a while....Police are notorious for lying and covering for one another...How can they preach this crap to other people when they do the same things themselves...their culture practically invented "dont snitch"..

I cant take much more of the bs I see in the papers and on TV....I see the innocent people in the philly streets being blamed for the rise in crime....Its absurd.. I see the police and the mayor pointing the finger at the citizens and basically saying "its your fault we cant solve any crimes"...

But to hear the people tell it, they call the police regularly but the police dont come out for regular stuff...Why would the people trust the police to protect their lives? police dont do the little things to help the neighborhood safe let alone the big things....

Cops walk around the city with this f*cking attitude like their playing cowboys & indians on these streets...they would not dare do that sh*t in the suburbs...Cops shot ONE man last week...they used 85 bullets on a small city block to kill ONE DUDE...but the thing is, they missed the f*cking dude 65 times.... 65 of 85 bullets missed the guy with kids and people's grandmothers outside...that sh*t would never happen in the suburbs or in these cops neighborhoods where they live...

its the situation of 'police & thieves'...

police and thieves fight in the streets with their guns and their egos and they always seem to kill and blame the innocent regular people who just wanna live...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Camden(lol) police tell rapper not to talk about snitches

institute a totalitarian state with Bush's death squad goons roaming free and declare mass executions for criminals and then there won't even need to be a reason for snitching.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
institute a totalitarian state with Bush's death squad goons roaming free and declare mass executions for criminals and then there won't even need to be a reason for snitching.

What?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
What?

it's a joke.

just saying how American culture with all its freedoms was doomed to create criminals and a police force that is less than honest.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
Hurlyburly
Banned

Hurlyburly has no real reputation yet.

This don't snitch movement is by far the dumbest thing going on in the inner cities.

" A drug dealer just shot and killed members of my family, but I ain't gonna tell the cops cause I ain't no snitch and I keep it real"

Anyone who has that mentality is going to be stuck in the inner city forever.
Hurlyburly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Ben Jordan
Good High School Starter

Ben Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
it's a joke.
Nice attempt jackass.
Ben Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jordan
Nice attempt jackass.

good contribution. I envy your excellent posting abilities.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
This don't snitch movement is by far the dumbest thing going on in the inner cities.

" A drug dealer just shot and killed members of my family, but I ain't gonna tell the cops cause I ain't no snitch and I keep it real"

Anyone who has that mentality is going to be stuck in the inner city forever.

thing is.... that mentality doesnt exist... Im in the hood daily and Ive never seen it....

What I do see is somebody who will keep their mouth closed because they fear retribution from the criminals and dont trust the police enough to put themselves on the line and put their lives in the hands of the cops (who obviously dont really care about the people enough to be able to protect them from the criminals who happen to live in the neighborhood)

people who dont live in the hood have this unrealistic expectation from the people who do.....

Cops arent gonna protect you when you snitch... there is a list of people who dont live long enough to testify in court....what do you say to them?

nothing cause they are dead....thats what the regular people in te hood have to consider....

"If I play hero here, I very well may lose my own life over this..."

"Hmmm, can I trust that the philadelphia police department can protect form the guy who lives up the street?"

What do you think?

I wont criticize anybody for snitchin and I wont criticize anyone for not snitchin because i understand the reality of what is really going on...Every one has to make their own judgement because you life is the one that will be lost if you arent careful...the cops will talk all this bullsh*t {when they themselves have a dont snitch policy} but they wont be there to protect you when it matters
Old 07-26-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

I lived in Camden for 8 years. Worst police department in the universe. I remember a guy got shot by Cambell's Soup ballpark, and no cops showed up for about 45 minutes. And thats right by Rutgers, so there should have been atleast one cop nearby

WTF is that, too bust eating donuts and telling people to snitch, to go save a mans live?
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I lived in Camden for 8 years. Worst police department in the universe.

exactly....

and thats why Im dumbing out over their comments..they arent only inept...they are corrupt...Camden is probably the worst run city in the area and thats saying alot with Philadelphia and Chester and places like Darby being in the area

its turning into scapegoating the victims and creating an excuse for why this problem isnt getting better...

Dont tell me its swizz beats fault that Camden is a mess and the cops havent done anything about it yet...Im not buying that
Old 07-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #11
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I see the police and the mayor pointing the finger at the citizens and basically saying "its your fault we cant solve any crimes"...

^The thing about this that really gets to me is the fact that when you publically blame the people for the crime wave, you are essentially telling the crooks "you are doing a good job of intimidating the people and we wont be able to solve any of your crimes if you keep at it"

the mayor is telling them they are winning and he is coppin out of the fight.

I give Mayor street some credit for trying to improve the school system(although I wouldnt say its really working) and I give credit for working on cleaning up some these neighborhoods and usually being a mayor that the works for the people....but he has failed bigtime on the issue of crime and being a steward to the community in that capacity..He has covered and coddled the weak police commissioner and squashed any attempt to improve the police department and demand accountability from that group and it has helped worsen the crime problem....

People out here are tired of the meaningless campaigns with the tired ass slogans "up with hope, down with dope" and sh*t like that...people out here need real opportunities and jobs...the school system needs to improve and the police need to improve their officers and policies that arent working right now..... to be honest thats the only real way crime & poverty will drop... All that slogan sh*t is played out
Old 07-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #12
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

The problem is that most heads got the "don't snitch" idea twisted, including the ones who make the stupid T-Shirts. When the police, FBI, etc were infiltrating and destroying groups like the Black Panthers back in the day, yeah the whole "don't snitch" thing had merit. However, this current ideology is a movement to silently endorse pimps, drug dealers and murderers and the only people who profit from this stupidty are exploitive, back stabbing Uncle Toms.
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
The problem is that most heads got the "don't snitch" idea twisted, including the ones who make the stupid T-Shirts. When the police, FBI, etc were infiltrating and destroying groups like the Black Panthers back in the day, yeah the whole "don't snitch" thing had merit. However, this current ideology is a movement to silently endorse pimps, drug dealers and murderers and the only people who profit from this stupidty are exploitive, back stabbing Uncle Toms.

there are drug dealers who promote "dont snitch" because they are ones sittin on someones else's steps selling drugs and trying to keep the neighborhood in fear to run them off their corner or whatever....they twisted "dont snitch"...snitch doesnt really refer to innocent people in the hood...it refers to someone who was involved in some capacity and now wants to turn state's evidence and trade info for freedom...those are snitches or what mobsters call rats...

the TV coverage of 'dont snitch' is what is giving it all the power it is having...People arent sittin around saying "i aint gonna snitch even though they killed my BM, Im gonna rep the hood"

People are sitting around saying "f*ck you! you think Im gonna get my head blown the f*ck off over some bullsh*t like that? please... If I give up this dude to cops, how they gonna stop him from getting me next?"

Cops do sh*t like give the crooks the damn names of the people snitchin or they lie in order to confuse the criminals...they are playing a game too and the people know it...

like I said... I dont blame you if you snitch, and I dont blame you if you dont.. afterall it is you who has to live(or die) with it..

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 07-26-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #14
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

I hear ya though... when the police are particularly shady there's really no incentive to give them anything. It can be a catch 22, that's for sure.
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #15
Hurlyburly
Banned

Hurlyburly has no real reputation yet.

You act like you need to get in front of the whole city and snitch through a loud speaker. You don't. Write an anonymous letter, call an anonymous tipline. It's not that difficult to report a crime and be anonymous.

What the **** does don't snitch mean anyways? Does it mean don't report crimes cause we like the crime in our city? It just makes absolutely no sense. It's straight up retarded.

Are there crooked cops? ABSOLUTELY! But you're taking it to an extreme thinking you should never report a crime because cops are crooked.

Once again, the rap community has turned an inner city problem into a marketing gimmick to fatten their bank accounts while they sit in their mansions and their old neighborhoods get destroyed.
Hurlyburly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: