Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #16
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Camden(lol) police tell rapper not to talk about snitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurlyburly
You act like you need to get in front of the whole city and snitch through a loud speaker. You don't. Write an anonymous letter, call an anonymous tipline. It's not that difficult to report a crime and be anonymous.

it doesnt work like that

If Im a criminal and I hustle up on 15th and susquehanna and shoot & kill somebody, I know who lives on the block that I hustle on and if somebody snitches, I know it could only be one of a few people

I got kids working for me and I got crackheads who will fill me in because the streets talk... It wouldnt take me more than a week to figure who said something because I got people in my pocket

Cops dont even wind up locking some of these dudes up after someone snitches on them ... Its like 'thanks guys for leaving this f*cker out here after I risked my life and you let him go on a technicality'

Quote:
What the **** does don't snitch mean anyways? Does it mean don't report crimes cause we like the crime in our city? It just makes absolutely no sense. It's straight up retarded.

people watch too much TV and listen to too many fake rappers.. they dont be in hood so they dont understand the dynamic... people listen to the police talk this stupid sh*t and the rappers glorifying nonsense and they think its real...

there is such a thing as dont snitch and if you snitch on the wrong person you could get killed

let me bold it so you clearly understand what Iam saying Rap is not the issue here these are real problems that would exist without rap music...rappers simply know of it and talk about it

Quote:
Are there crooked cops? ABSOLUTELY! But you're taking it to an extreme thinking you should never report a crime because cops are crooked.

me personally, I never said do or dont..

I said that people who dont live in the hood under the pressure these people live under need to come down here and see for themselves instead of taking some rappers word for it or taking the cops word for it..The cops are no better than the crooks in the hood.. they act like a lawless gang themselves they just wear uniforms....people who actually live there know this thus they dont trust police anymore than they trust the crooks...

Quote:
Once again, the rap community has turned an inner city problem into a marketing gimmick to fatten their bank accounts while they sit in their mansions and their old neighborhoods get destroyed.

this is true, but it isnt the central theme of the issue here... the real issue is that police and society in general are scapgoating the innocent people and laying blame for a crime at their feet when it isnt their fault and I would defy anyone to come here and try living like these people do and then try telling this BS about how "they should do this" and "they should do that"

Rap doesnt have sh*t to do with it that except for the fact that nobody outside the hood would even know or pretend to care if they never heard rappers talking about it

people have never trusted the police here going waay back before rap existed...thats not raps fault, thats the police fault.. the difference today is that crack has decimated the hood and the males are gone and family structure is destroyed....this sh*t would be happening without rap music...its just that alot less people would care or even seriously discuss it

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 07-26-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #17
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

people seem more mad at the symptom then they are at the problem..

We got a big ass war going in Iraq.... does it make sense to worry about people who glorify the war or does it make more sense to deal with the war itself?

I feel like people dont really care about the real issue here......
Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 PM   #18
Hurlyburly
Banned

Hurlyburly has no real reputation yet.

So these genius drug dealers know everyones name, address, social security number, blood type, turn ons/offs, etc so you can't snitch on them or they will find you?

If these guys are so smart what the **** are they doing selling drugs?

I think alot of people take the so called glamour of drug dealing and twist and turn it into something it's not. These guys are on a corner selling drugs, they aern't in a mansion pushing kilos of coke like Scarface. I could understand not ratting out Tony Montana cause yeah, he probably knows people who know people, but a trashy ass dude selling rocks on the corner don't know ****. If he did, he wouldn't be selling rocks on a corner.
Hurlyburly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:43 PM   #19
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
So these genius drug dealers know everyones name, address, social security number, blood type, turn ons/offs, etc so you can't snitch on them or they will find you?

you talk like you think its a joke or a myth.....you wouldnt have that attitude if you have ever been in a situation where you had to make these types of decisions

it doesnt take a genius to realize that out of all people on the block, maybe 4 dont like you... you ask around and if that dont yield anything just wait for someone to go make a statement to the cops or prepare to testify or any clue at all... you dont just send in a tip to the tip line and thats it......

you gotta at some point go to the station...your gonna probably have to testify in some fashion and if all the criminals involved arent being charged or sitting in jail then you are a target

Quote:
If these guys are so smart what the **** are they doing selling drugs?

What? what kind of question is that?

Quote:
I think alot of people take the so called glamour of drug dealing and twist and turn it into something it's not. These guys are on a corner selling drugs, they aern't in a mansion pushing kilos of coke like Scarface. I could understand not ratting out Tony Montana cause yeah, he probably knows people who know people, but a trashy ass dude selling rocks on the corner don't know ****. If he did, he wouldn't be selling rocks on a corner.

again, stop watching so much TV... this is not about TV and false images of hustlin...Im talking about real hustlin and what can really happen f*ckin around with these guys who will kill you if you bother them...
kids in the hood know there is no mansion and this isnt scarface.. but they also know that these people are not bullsh*ttin when they say 'dont say anything'
Old 07-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #20
Hurlyburly
Banned

Hurlyburly has no real reputation yet.

You're talking about **** you see in movies. If people snitch, then all of a sudden we got a hook type serial killer on our hands. That only happens in movies. You talk like there is nothing but premeditated murder going on in the hoods which isn't the case. Do murders happen in inner cities? Unfortunately, yes, but they are mostly spur of the moment type things, not planned out, elaborate murders.

Some people think it's pretty dumb that anyone would follow a "don't snitch" slogan to a T and refuse to help authorities clean up the streets. If people think that's cool and all good, then they deserve to be in the inner city.
Hurlyburly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #21
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

to me, that is embarrassing for that police dept. to make a statement like that.
anyway, what the heck was that kid gnawing on in that pic?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #22
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
You're talking about **** you see in movies.

Where?

Quote:
If people snitch, then all of a sudden we got a hook type serial killer on our hands. That only happens in movies.

What is hook? you are losing me here

Quote:
You talk like there is nothing but premeditated murder going on in the hoods which isn't the case. Do murders happen in inner cities? Unfortunately, yes, but they are mostly spur of the moment type things, not planned out, elaborate murders.

So people trust the police more for unplanned murder than a planned one?

wtf are you talking about?

I plainly stated that the people dont trust the police because of the POLICE not because of some rapper and that doesnt effect whether or not the crime was planned or unplanned...PEOPLE DONT TRUST THE POLICE BECUASE THEY ACT WORSE THAN THE CRIMINALS HALF THE TIME

it aint swiss beats f*ckin fault or soembody wearing a t-shirt.....Cops are pointing the finger at the people being intimidated and blaming them for the failure to do anythingTHATS THE SCAPEGOATING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT I BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE WHOLE TIME...The f*ckin police are a big part of the reason people dont talk to them...

you are the one who started talking about tiplines and how easy it is to tell on somebody without them knowing and Im saying that its not that easy...you arent being realistic, because you eventually have to do more than write a letter or call a tipline...and you put your own life in danger when you do it because you know the cops wont be there for you if you need it..

Quote:
Some people think it's pretty dumb that anyone would follow a "don't snitch" slogan to a T and refuse to help authorities clean up the streets. If people think that's cool and all good, then they deserve to be in the inner city.

^^^Some people obviously dont live there or they would see that it alot deeper than what the rappers and the cops tell the people outside the hood

some people have alot of logic for a problem they obviously dont understand... its a problem that has existed before rap and is worsened now because of the drugs and proliferation of guns.... it doesnt have sh*t to do with no f*ckin t-shirts and no rappers... Tshirts arent scaring these people... maf*ckers with guns are.... and the cops talk a good game but they are hypocirites... they have their own 'dont snitch' policy and its done alot more damage to these communities than anything any rapper ever said on a f*ckin record...

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 07-26-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #23
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Bottom line, the people need to be ready, willing and able to take the streets back from the crooked cops and the thugs. Unfortunately, regular folks don't move a muscle and become complacent over time.... people just wanna live, and ain't trying to fight s!@# all the time, so criminals inside and outside of law enforcement are allowed to run amuck. It's like the saying goes... "all that's needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #24
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
"all that's needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

exactly and Im saying lets stop blaming those folks and lets get our police departments back on par...lets get some jobs poppin for the youth so they can have a real reason not to hang out doing nothing until they find serious trouble...lets improve education in the cities so kids are more prepared to move on after high school.

lets be serious about fixing this problem instead creating excuses and pointing fingers at the people who need the support
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: