Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far
Default JR Smith

Guys...he could be great. Could be. IMO..he'll either be a BUST with the Bulls..OR he could be great. He has all the tools...ALL OF THEM! Skiles will either show the kid how to do things right AND use his skills on top of it, OR the kid will hate playing for the Bulls and will demand a trade QUICK! I'm looking forward to his first break away dunk and hoping that he get some minutes. What do you all think of JR Smith on the Bulls?
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

He has the size (isn't he like 6' 6"?) and if he turned into an all-star player then the Bulls would have to think about moving Gordon (as good as he is he's only 6' 2").
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:02 AM   #3
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
If he can get to be as good as people say he should be, then he would be a perennial all-star, but I doubt that will happen. He may be a good role player on a lot of teams, but will never be that superstar, and it is because of his first few years in the league. He didn't get the chances to play and also didn't get the teaching and support that the young guns need to gain confidence enough to become the go-to man. That having been said, I would love it if Skiles could ignite a fire under his ass and get him to reach some of his potential, cuz then we could have ourselves a pretty good player for years to come.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:15 AM   #4
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

the guy is a gunner and slasher and would thrive on a team like the phoenix suns or seattle sonics. he needs tons of work on his defense which was primarily the reason bryon scott disliked smith and knowing for a fact that skiles emphasizes defense, smith may not exactly flourish in chicago. hopefully i am completely wrong and he has a break out year with the bulls because he is one of my favorite players to watch
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

looks like he didnt get a chance...

traded to the Nuggets for some second round picks...

interesting no doubt...
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
HORNETSFAN
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HORNETSFAN has an OK reputation so far

Skiles likely would not have put up with JR and his Dad. This may be for the better.
HORNETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
looks like he didnt get a chance...

traded to the Nuggets for some second round picks...

interesting no doubt...

Yes he was traded to the Nuggets today. This is the full details of the trade:

Nuggets receive:
SG J.R. Smith

Bulls receive:
Howard Eisley's contract
2nd round pick (not named yet)
2nd round pick (not namet yet)

The Bulls are expected to waive Eisley to clear enough cap space to sign Adrian Griffin, G/F from Dallas to help defend on the perimeter. I like the pick. It helps take off some pressure from Kirk Hinrich defensively, and I think he could start at the SF right away. From the Nuggets standpoint, It gives them a nice compliment to Carmelo Anthony. Only problem is, will J.R. Smith accept the role as a #2 man? Only time will tell.

Here is the link:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...849650,00.html
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:15 AM   #8
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
will J.R. Smith accept the role as a #2 man?
Well, he should. If he doesn't play well with the nuggets he won't get a nice contract extension when his contract expires...
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:11 AM   #9
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
It helps take off some pressure from Kirk Hinrich defensively, and I think he could start at the SF right away.

Adrian Griffin? Starting? On these Bulls? Nocioni and Deng will both help out more in the first week than Griffin will the entire season, as far as putting up stats is concerned. Griffin is here to teach and mentor our players, and to play Piatkowski's minutes off the bench. I doubt he will get more than 10 minutes a game.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: