Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-27-2007, 12:10 AM   #16
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lebron says he is "number one leader" of Team USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
It's not even the clutch shots. It's the fact that he's a, what, 22 year old saying he's the leader over one of the greatest scorers ever and one of the greatest PG's ever in Kidd? Once when the Nets faced the Cavaliers, after the game Lebron said he's one of the greatest point guards ever and it was an honour to play with him - now he's saying he leads him?

The man is clearly insane.
Yeah he is acting like this Cleveland. Kidd and Kobe are the clear leaders of team. He probably thinks this because he was the leader of the old team.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:13 AM   #17
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Also note: He said that before the Team USA scrimmage.

Someone should ask him about it again....wonder if he is still number one leader..

Didnt he bring up Lebron call himself a natural born leader before last years games..
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 AM   #18
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
"I feel like I'm the number one leader on this team and guys will look to me to lead by example and lead by voice, and I'm definitely here for it"

yea ok
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #19
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Good grief...if he is the Number one leader, then he should be able to lead his team without any losses in the Tourney..

I just realized that Lebron hasn't won the Silver or the Gold since he joined Team USA..

Last edited by LakerWarrior12 : 07-27-2007 at 12:21 AM.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #20
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Yeah he is acting like this Cleveland. Kidd and Kobe are the clear leaders of team. He probably thinks this because he was the leader of the old team.

He wasn't even a leader of that team. Melo basically was. He was only added a captain because Wade and Melo were named captains and they thought it would be a slight to the "great one"
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #21
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
He wasn't even a leader of that team. Melo basically was. He was only added a captain because Wade and Melo were named captains and they thought it would be a slight to the "great one"
Yeah I forgot about Wade and Melo. Well I guess he just thinks too highly of himself then.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 AM   #22
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All the nicknames and reaching the Finals is getting into this player's head, he thinks he can lead a team with players almost 10 years older than him, not to mention waaaay more basketball experience than him? I suspect that the ESPY's awards ceremony must've made him think 'Damn, kidd and kobe never had this sort of attention, I must be better than them!"
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:43 AM   #23
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

He's gonna prove you all wrong and get a big ass tattoo saying he's the #1 leader. Self appointed jerk #1

kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:46 AM   #24
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

My 7/10 respect for him, now dropped to 3/10.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:51 AM   #25
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Let LeBron think that.

Kobe Bryant and Jason Kidd are the leaders of Team USA.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 AM   #26
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

did any1 notice how Lebron looked over his shoulder when he said that...like hope no one hears me(it looks like he is looking back at kobe )
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #27
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Ok now I officially don't like Lebron.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #28
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Wow.

Just saying "i'm the leader of this team" would have been egotistical and disrespectful to an extent, considering that Melo and Wade were the best players last time, J-Kidd was added with his 28-0 record, and Kobe was added as well---but just adding that "number one" in front of it so that everybody knows it's Lebron's team and only Lebron's team really takes the cake in terms of big headedness. I dont even know how you can have enough pure, unfiltered gall to say something like that, on camera.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 AM   #29
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

2004 olympics had a poorly designed team. one reason why tim duncan refused to play again was because of all the egos crying for minutes. back in the old olympic teams they had seasoned veterans who knew and understood their role. in '04 it was all youngsters looking to one up each other.

Tim and AI were the only ones man enough to play and didnt make any lame excuses.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:11 AM   #30
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far

Wow I already disliked LeBron but now I hate the bastard.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: