Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default 9th Grade

I'm headed to 9th this coming year. Any suggestions? Is your freshmen year reallly as bad as it sounds?
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 9th Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
I'm headed to 9th this coming year. Any suggestions? Is your freshmen year reallly as bad as it sounds?

Just remember this piece of advise:

Only worry about what your friends/family think about you. Don't waste your time trying to get the "cool" kids to like you. F uck them. Be yourself, and don't conform to anything that you don't want to be apart of. This is kinda general advice, but 9th grade is a time where you see a lot of upperclassmen around you, and you want to get in their good graces and emulate some of what there doing. Pick and choose carefully, though.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

its not really bad. just very different. girls are gonna change dramatically as they get into more cliques and drama.

stay away from drugs and peer pressure. dont do anything just cuz its cool (trust me on this. drugs are a complete waste of time and so is beer if your underage)..think twice before making crucial decisions.. and once you hit 11th/12th grade make straight As.

HS is a huge part of everyone's life..like it or not, youll never forget it. you playin ball? if you are, use the summer time and any freetime to work on your game. nobody really works on their game in HS.. everyone is concentrated on girls or just being lazy. if you work on your gameor your studies, your already ahead of 95% of the pack.
good luck man.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #4
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Thanks guys. My school opens in less then a month, so I just wanted to know what it's like.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #5
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

some tips to looking good forthe ladies no matter what your budget is:

be clean
smell nice
dress good
keep some white sneaks just for school, nothing else.
walk tall but not cocky.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #6
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

concentrate on your studies and dont fall off of it. Freshman year does count and if you dont try and do well you will look back on it as you're applying to college saying, "man i wish i had tried harder so i dont have to go to nowhere central college." I am not saying you're like that but just giving an example.

Dont be surprised if the friends you make in HS sort of split. My group of friends in middle school were really close but we ALL did something different. None of us had the same sport/hobby and when high school came we didnt really hang out as much. We are still good friends and hang out every now and then but dont be surprised.

If you're friends with the "in" group than thats fine just dont let them treat you like ****. Dont abandon friends that are nice to you just b/c they arent cool. I did this junior year and regretted it.

Now I am best friends with them senior year and right now.

Dont be an ******* and take tips from upperclassmen but make sure they are legit.

Freshman year did suck for me though. Actually, first three years sucked except for high school soccer. I never had close friends and always stayed on home on the weekends. Sucked hardcore.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #7
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

just don't come in thinking you're going to run the school. Every year i see freshmen come in acting smart and talking **** because they were the oldest in JHS. Listen to elders.

As long as you take care of it, school work is really easy.

Be open to everyone, i got to know half the school that way and it helped me pass a few classes. if the nerds like you they'll help you on tests and give you their HW.

And if you can join some sort of team, i played basketball but everything is great to get your name out. You get to leave school early on game days and teachers let you off easy. Not to mention the girls.

Last edited by thenextgreatbigman : 07-27-2007 at 10:22 AM.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #8
QuickTrigger
Banned

QuickTrigger has decent reputationQuickTrigger has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Just remember this piece of advise:

Only worry about what your friends/family think about you. Don't waste your time trying to get the "cool" kids to like you. F uck them. Be yourself, and don't conform to anything that you don't want to be apart of. This is kinda general advice, but 9th grade is a time where you see a lot of upperclassmen around you, and you want to get in their good graces and emulate some of what there doing. Pick and choose carefully, though.
don't you act like this, you will not get any puss. this guy talks about emulating upper graders and putting people in "quotation marks" as if he had some hard time with the cool kids. this is the type of advice you get from a 2-hour-driving-to-find-a-girlfriend-and-not-fukc-em loser in high school. who ever mentions other people as "cool" means he was not one of them. 9th grade does not mean having to stoop down to older students, or staying in the mind frame of a freshman.
QuickTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #9
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTrigger
don't you act like this, you will not get any puss. this guy talks about emulating upper graders and putting people in "quotation marks" as if he had some hard time with the cool kids. this is the type of advice you get from a 2-hour-driving-to-find-a-girlfriend-and-not-fukc-em loser in high school. who ever mentions other people as "cool" means he was not one of them. 9th grade does not mean having to stoop down to older students, or staying in the mind frame of a freshman.

You need to calm down. I trust his opinion and not yours.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #10
QuickTrigger
Banned

Quote:
You need to calm down. I trust his opinion and not yours.
please explain rather than siding with the virgin
Old 07-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #11
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Quote:
please explain rather than siding with the virgin

He's a knowledgable poster. You just joined and you have 10 posts and you come off as an arrogant bytch.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #12
QuickTrigger
Banned

Quote:
He's a knowledgable poster. You just joined and you have 10 posts and you come off as an arrogant bytch.
you figure 10 posts and he's new.

don't have that same outlook in high school. losers who endear the obvious turn out to lose the time of their lives in high school.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #13
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Quote:

don't have that same outlook in high school. losers who endear the obvious turn out to lose the time of their lives in high school.

Whatever.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

if high school is the time of your life than that is very pathetic...
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:49 AM   #15
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Most has been said, this is when your study habits will really develop, so make it a priority and the rest should fall into place academically. As far as socially, just be your own person because high school is wack and full of immature idiots no matter who you clique up with.
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: