Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #16
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 9th Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTrigger
you figure 10 posts and he's new.

don't have that same outlook in high school. losers who endear the obvious turn out to lose the time of their lives in high school.
Get a fucking clue.

I bet this idiot was a "cool kid" in highschool. Prob. ended up being a janitor or local cop or something. Where Mlh is a certified teacher.

Highschool is nothing exciting, just school.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #17
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

LOL @ "time of their lives in high school"

Wow... just...
wow
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

- Don't try to hard to be cool
- Have a great personality
- The myth about Fish getting punked around school is not true.:)
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:32 PM   #19
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

This is the best advice I can give you:

Enjoy it while it's there. Grade 9 and 12 are probably the best years of high school. I have to admit that I actually enjoyed school in the 9th grade. Everything was just so new to me and meeting new people was the bomb. Go to all school dances too. You'll have a great time esspecially if you've never grinded with a girl before.

As far as worrying what 'group' of people you're gonna fall into, don't even worry about that. As long as you be yourself, everything else will fall into place.

Try out for teams. No one's gonna laugh at you for getting cut. I made a huge mistake in my 9th grade for not trying out for the midget team because I thought I was gonna get cut and in the end there were 11 kids. Other kids felt the same way I did and didn't try out either. I spoke to coach and he told me to come to practice and I moved from bench warmer to 6th-7th man off the bench. Even got a few starts here and there.

Btw, if you wanna make a name for yourself the football team is hella easy to make. You don't even have to know the game. As long as you show coach that you try hard in tryouts and you can do the drills correctly and on time, you'll have a spot on the team.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #20
Phar
Banned

Phar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow, I'm going to high school too!

Let's just hope your school doesn't have a stupid dress code like mine does.
Waste of $$.

Good Luck!
Phar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #21
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Something I wished I knew: They are all as scared as you are inside.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:13 PM   #22
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well I'm going into 10th grade this yeyar, so if you're coming to my school.........bad luck.

Lol, just kidding with you. I had potentially a hell of a worse time adjusting, since I had been to Chinese schools all my life and was then going into an English boarding school, but of course, right off the bat everybody's cautious with each other, testing each other out to see who fits them as their good friend. There will always be the lazy and 'cool' ones who say 'It's just 9th Grade exams, nobody cares about them!" (trust me, they said it so many times it's burned into my memory)

Also, try out for sports. Doesn't matter if you suck at them or think you are too good for them, there will always come a time that you'll regret not trying out for a certain sport, or is too lazy to try it. There shouldn't be too much bullying, since the older ones are trying to look smart and caring for the freshman in front of the teachers, while the 12 grade ones are studying their asses off for the exams (GCSE/ HKCE).

The guys in 10th grade can be especially infuriating pests, do your best to ignore them and walk away. It's waay harder said than done, since I lost my temper a couple of times and chased them down the corridor.

The youngest year tend to have the least to do, so try out some of the school's facilities, there are always some surprises that can keep you happy.

It's actually best to stand out at some areas of school life, whether as a jock or as a smart student, because one thing that has to be earned, especially starting off at a new school is respect.

That's all I can say for now, lol, enjoy grade 9!
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #23
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

i just graduated high school and i wont miss it one bit....i admit it was fun, but in the next 10 years or so, i wont remember none of this ****... i never really went out in high school but i knew how the parties were, drinking alcohol and getting drunk...thats high school parties for ya... so much drama i couldnt take it, honestly if killing was legal, half of my school wouldve been killed.... the freshmans this year acted like real arrogant little pieces of horse ****...they all act like theyre the ****, BUT once a senior or somebody gets in their face, the total opposite happens.... every freshman gets made fun of... IM TELLING YOU EVERY FRESHMAN.....not only cuz the way you look or the way you act, its just that they know you are new to this school, and they dont think freshmans wont do anything to the older kids cuz theyre scared....also dont take drugs, you could go out and get wasted but dont do it on a daily basis, also play sports, it makes you well known....and try to get as much pu$$y as you can, make sure theyre clean though...theyres nothing better than a big ass bouncing off your nuts when your laying down in your bed....GOOD LUCK IN HIGH SCHOOL :)
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #24
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Listen to what mlh1981 said...dude knows what he's talkin about.

As for that Quicktrigger guy, the fact that he thinks high school is the time of your life proves that he's not in college yet, so he's still in high school and you shouldn't listen to him cuz he's in the same boat as you.

My freshman year wasn't that bad because my sister was a senior that year so i knew all her friends. But like mlh said just stick within your group. I see too many friendships messed up early on in high school because some people try to branch out and do $hit to impress the upperclass kids. Just remind yourself that the 11th and 12th graders were in the exact same spot as you were a couple years ago, just tryin to fit in, and in a couple years YOU'LL be the one settin the standards just like they are.

One thing that pissed me off freshman year was that all the 9th grade girls were ALL OVER the upperclass guys' nuts because they wanted to date "more mature" guys. Ew lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #25
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

I'm going into 9th grade too.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #26
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Awww, little Agent_Zero is growing up.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #27
Hstone
Serious playground baller

Hstone has an OK reputation so far

good luck ur going to need it
Hstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #28
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

9th grade was the hardest year for me academically, other than that i dont think its all that much different from other years.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #29
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTrigger
don't you act like this, you will not get any puss. this guy talks about emulating upper graders and putting people in "quotation marks" as if he had some hard time with the cool kids. this is the type of advice you get from a 2-hour-driving-to-find-a-girlfriend-and-not-fukc-em loser in high school. who ever mentions other people as "cool" means he was not one of them. 9th grade does not mean having to stoop down to older students, or staying in the mind frame of a freshman.

Boy, you are really jumping to conclusions. Did you even read my post in which I was talking about my day? I'm 25. I don't think with my c ock anymore. I use logic and reasoning, skills you clearly don't have. Go ahead a f uck every broad you find, and watch your d ick fall off and your self worth go down the drain.

You know what? I wasn't cool in high school. I was picked on. However, as the saying goes, it's the most successful people in life that were the outcasts in school. I am a college graduate, never been in trouble with the law, in good graces with friends and family. I have my health, and I have my wisdom. All you have is your balls, which are gonna fall off if all u care about is p ussy
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #30
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Boy, you are really jumping to conclusions. Did you even read my post in which I was talking about my day? I'm 25. I don't think with my c ock anymore. I use logic and reasoning, skills you clearly don't have. Go ahead a f uck every broad you find, and watch your d ick fall off and your self worth go down the drain.

You know what? I wasn't cool in high school. I was picked on. However, as the saying goes, it's the most successful people in life that were the outcasts in school. I am a college graduate, never been in trouble with the law, in good graces with friends and family. I have my health, and I have my wisdom. All you have is your balls, which are gonna fall off if all u care about is p ussy

MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: