Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightHustlinInTDOT
no, you're stupid
the guy averages 5/5 (rounded up) and is older and has worst stats than Nazi in more minutes. The guy is also an average shot blocker for someone his size. Yea, you're right, Francisco Elson will put them over the top, watch out league, Francisco Elson and the Spurs = domination
I see why you have a negative rep now..........
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #17
jamal
crawford, mashburn

jamal has an OK reputation so far

what were diop's stats his last year with cleveland? even his stats with dallas weren't that good, it was his defensive presence. just go away.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #18
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers

StraightHustlinInTDOT has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal
what were diop's stats his last year with cleveland? even his stats with dallas weren't that good, it was his defensive presence. just go away.

Way to compare him with Diop. Diop is 6 years younger and was never given the chance. Elson has been in the league for 3 years. Haven't improved at all in the first two season and numbers slightly increased with added minutes. Obviously, any 7 footer is good to have on the bench, but if "putting a team over the top" is all about signing "diamond in the rough" 7 footers that has never improved, then Mark Cuban would've overpaid to get this guy. Keep coming with the insults though.
StraightHustlinInTDOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #19
jamal
crawford, mashburn

so all under the radar big men have to fit the same description?
Old 07-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #20
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is definitely not an over the top move.

Just like last year and Oberto, he really tore it up.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #21
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
so all under the radar big men have to fit the same description?

no, but Elson sucks and haven't improved. The only reason he'll help the Spurs is the fact that it is better to have somebody come off the bench to give the starters some rest than to have nobody at all. This hardly means "putting them over the top". The Spurs would do better to sign someone younger.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #22
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I see why you have a negative rep now..........

That's what happen when you tell it like it is. People like you get sensitive when someone says the facts about your team's nobodies, like Elson and Sura being a non-factor to the teams success. Anything else you would like to add to this topic?
Old 07-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #23
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
That's what happen when you tell it like it is. People like you get sensitive when someone says the facts about your team's nobodies, like Elson and Sura being a non-factor to the teams success. Anything else you would like to add to this topic?
I've never given you a bad rep. I don't do that. I only give positive reps. And I added to this thread because I felt like adding to it.

I could give a sh!t about Elson or the Nuggets. And I agreed with you about Bobby Sura.

Do you just have a habit of talking out of your ass and never making valid points?
Old 07-13-2006, 08:05 PM   #24
jamal
crawford, mashburn

yeah, leave the Nugget-lovin to me. and no, im not an oracle who sees miracles from elson and the spurs. BUT as a denver fan i have probably watched elson more than most and made the thread to congratulate spurs fans on what i thought was a solid, underrated signing.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #25
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good point jamal. Very good point.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #26
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I've never given you a bad rep. I don't do that. I only give positive reps. And I added to this thread because I felt like adding to it.

I could give a sh!t about Elson or the Nuggets. And I agreed with you about Bobby Sura.

Do you just have a habit of talking out of your ass and never making valid points?

Where did I not make a valid point? Was it the part where I said Elson will not help the Spurs much and backed up my argument with the fact that he hasn't improved much? If you don't give a sh1t about Elson and the Nuggets, what valid points are you making in this thread? Come on, I'd like to hear it.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #27
fatboy11

Quote:
Where did I not make a valid point? Was it the part where I said Elson will not help the Spurs much and backed up my argument with the fact that he hasn't improved much? If you don't give a sh1t about Elson and the Nuggets, what valid points are you making in this thread? Come on, I'd like to hear it.
I made a valid and proven point that the Spurs have won with "alright" centers since D-Rob retired. Elson is "alright".

Valid point. They'll be okay. Good signing as opposed to overpaying for Nazr (who, by the way, didn't show much improvement until about his 4th year in the NBA).
Old 07-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #28
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
yeah, leave the Nugget-lovin to me. and no, im not an oracle who sees miracles from elson and the spurs. BUT as a denver fan i have probably watched elson more than most and made the thread to congratulate spurs fans on what i thought was a solid, underrated signing.

Well I've watched some Nuggets games too and it doesn't take an entire season to realize Elson will NOT put the Spurs over the top as you have suggested. Even though I agree that his jumper has improved, he is not a good free-throw shooter and his rebounding and shotblocking abilities needs to improve for him to make a meaningful contribution, and he has shown he has not improved nor does he have the instincts of a good big man, unlike Diop.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #29
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nazr averaged 12 and 9 as soon as he got more than 6 minutes a game.

Elson has gotten 14 mpg each year and has only managed to raise his ppg by 1.4 from 3.5 to 4.9

What the hell are you tlaking about?
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #30
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Nazr averaged 12 and 9 as soon as he got more than 6 minutes a game.

Elson has gotten 14 mpg each year and has only managed to raise his ppg by 1.4 from 3.5 to 4.9

What the hell are you tlaking about?
Maybe their system didn't allow for him to score much.

Why the hell are we talking about his scoring numbers when he'll be playing in San Antonio? 5-7 ppg is what is expected.

I don't see Rasho being any better than Elson and Nazr wasn't that much better.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: