Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 07-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #31
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well he can't break the 5ppg barrier in Denver with 14 mpg game an a team that runs.

And you were comparing him to Nazr, saying he didn't get better till his fourth year, although Nazr had no minutes while this guy did and still sucks.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #32
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal
so all under the radar big men have to fit the same description?
No, only the ones the Spurs sign.

Reminds me of the year the Spurs drafted Mahinmi--everybody falling over themselves to praise them, even though nobody had heard of the guy they picked.

Hey, if Duncan can carry Frank Elson to a championship, more power to him.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #33
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Well he can't break the 5ppg barrier in Denver with 14 mpg game an a team that runs.

And you were comparing him to Nazr, saying he didn't get better till his fourth year, although Nazr had no minutes while this guy did and still sucks.
He doesn't suck though. The Spurs recruit sucky players?

I know you'll be quick to bring up Oberto, but he doesn't play much.

Not everyone scores a team that runs (except Phoenix). Especially with a dominant scorer like Carmelo Anthony.

You guys watch and see. San Antonio won't miss a beat at center.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #34
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Oh yeah, for those who haven't seen him, Elson is Mark Blount without the jumper. How old is he now? 31?
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:31 PM   #35
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I consider 4.9 points and 3 rebounds in 22 minutes per game, appearing in 77 games and starting 50+ of them on a team that runs pretty sucky. Not to mention the Nuggets, from my understanding, are in short supply of healthy big men and are just letting a 7' guy walk.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #36
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Spurs aren't winning **** next year unless they adress the fact they have a Robert Horry + Francisco Elson frontcourt to play all the 4/5 minutes Duncan won't, and they get younger.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:39 PM   #37
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers

StraightHustlinInTDOT has not been impressing people

Quote:
I consider 4.9 points and 3 rebounds in 22 minutes per game, appearing in 77 games and starting 50+ of them on a team that runs pretty sucky. Not to mention the Nuggets, from my understanding, are in short supply of healthy big men and are just letting a 7' guy walk.

Thank you.
Of course, its a valid and proven point that the Spurs just need to surround TD, Ginobili, Parker, etc. with an "alright" center with an excellent coach and they can win, just like it's a valid and proven point that you just need to surround Steve Kerr with Duncan or Jordan and Pippen and he can bring in the rings.
StraightHustlinInTDOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #38
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Sounds like you haven't seen him play. I just see averages being posted. You can't refer to averages for role players. Doesn't work.

He's a decent role player for a big man. He's proved that much.

And since when are the Nuggets in short supply of healthy big men? I don't think Camby is injured at the moment. Nene is working himselft back into shape right now, but he isn't injured. Kenyon Martin is pretty much healthy from what I gather.

They're letting him walk because they gave Nene 60 million and have other holes to fill. They're still going to have to replace Elson, but its likely going to be with an extremely cheap center.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:42 PM   #39
KingofVaginville
Banned

KingofVaginville has not been impressing people

Elson is a very solid player though. They got him for extremely cheap I believe. I mean Nene got 60million for chrissake.
KingofVaginville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #40
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers

StraightHustlinInTDOT has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofVaginville
Elson is a very solid player though. They got him for extremely cheap I believe. I mean Nene got 60million for chrissake.

Depends on how you define solid, I'm not saying he sucks so bad that he belongs in the NBDL. Its funny these days that because some players are overpaid, lesser players are considered "steals" because they are paid what they're worth.
StraightHustlinInTDOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #41
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I think that furthers my point.

Even some of the worst big men command crazy contracts, and this guy gets 6? He's a steal? No one else with cap wanted a decent big man? The very team that let him walks need someone?

Come on guys, wake up.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #42
fatboy11

Elson isn't a "steal". Just a good signing. He's not going to put anyone over the top (I don't think I ever said that).

I'm only saying that he is going to continue on the tradition of the Spurs and their "alright" centers.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #43
KingofVaginville
Banned

KingofVaginville has not been impressing people

DeuceWallaces is a Pistons fan that's jealous the Spurs got another decent big on the roster. By the way, your username is now invalid!
KingofVaginville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #44
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

At that price Denver should just match it. He's about 30 years old, but a descent backup big man.

That is unless they plan on keeping Reggie Evans

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 07-13-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #45
kingsfan
Serious playground baller

kingsfan has no real reputation yet.

They have Martin, Nene, and Camby already... why would they keep him?
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: