Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Are we at a stage where post count is not significant anymore?

Just remembering when new ISH started up and everyone was racing to get the highest post count. That or a least stay on the first page. There are no real outstanding post whores anymore. Looks like we're finally out of the stage where quality exceeds quantity.
Think there are still the post whores out there? Have you noticed where you fall on the post count board?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Are we at a stage where post count is not significant anymore?

Mr. Basketball 1 is puttin up 37 ppd and most of them are oneliners.

But for the most part, yes. I see more effort being put into posts lately.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
kazaks
I hit open 5-footers

kazaks has an OK reputation so far

Well, I have two accounts and if you ad up the post count of both of them it barely exceeds 200. So I'm probably the opposite of a post whore. I mostly just read around, only posting if I think I can add to the thread
kazaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
Mr. Basketball 1 is puttin up 37 ppd and most of them are oneliners.

But for the most part, yes. I see more effort being put into posts lately.

you know he sent me an angry PM telling me to back off from his post count and then implide he was going to murder me....
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
you know he sent me an angry PM telling me to back off from his post count and then implide he was going to murder me....

All I know is I'm on the first page of posters in terms of post count.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #6
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Do you have a link to that??? Because I want to see that...But when I first came to this site I felt it was all about how high your post count was, but recently I have learned that its all about the quality of the post...You will see my post count drop and see me post more quality posts...And VC I never told you I was going to murder you man I just told you to not worry about my post count and worry about posting quality posts like you been doing...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you look at the first 2 or 3 pages of posters then MOST of them are good ones, but that's mostly because

1. those are the people who have lasted here without getting banned for acting stupid and

2. those people have been here longer and know whats accepted and looked down on so they've adjusted more

But i definitely see what you're saying because there's a lot of new guys who i'd listen to/take their opinions over some of the guys who have been here for years or have 5,000 posts
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Do you have a link to that??? Because I want to see that...But when I first came to this site I felt it was all about how high your post count was, but recently I have learned that its all about the quality of the post...You will see my post count drop and see me post more quality posts...And VC I never told you I was going to murder you man I just told you to not worry about my post count and worry about posting quality posts like you been doing...

well it did say "GAME OVER" on it... what else could that mean but a very subtle murder threat?

and I could print screen and paste it but... meh no point.

jeez lighten up. dont take everything so personally. laugh a little. ISH is full of jokers. If I see your post rate level off to about 20 and you have good stuff, then I really will look at you like a good poster. i wont hold you past against you like Ced or RMWG
Old 07-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazaks
Well, I have two accounts and if you ad up the post count of both of them it barely exceeds 200. So I'm probably the opposite of a post whore. I mostly just read around, only posting if I think I can add to the thread

Same here, I just read around and sometimes add my two cents.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
well it did say "GAME OVER" on it... what else could that mean but a very subtle murder threat?

and I could print screen and paste it but... meh no point.

jeez lighten up. dont take everything so personally. laugh a little. ISH is full of jokers. If I see your post rate level off to about 20 and you have good stuff, then I really will look at you like a good poster. i wont hold you past against you like Ced or RMWG

When it said Game Over, It meant stop playing with me...And I know when you first came on here, I bet your ppd was pretty high...You are at 10k...But yeah sure my ppd is going to decline alot because school is about to start back, the reason its been so high is because I havent really been doing any thing over the summer besides being online...I dont have a job right now so I just come on ISH to talk sports...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
When it said Game Over, It meant stop playing with me...And I know when you first came on here, I bet your ppd was pretty high...You are at 10k...But yeah sure my ppd is going to decline alot because school is about to start back, the reason its been so high is because I havent really been doing any thing over the summer besides being online...I dont have a job right now so I just come on ISH to talk sports...

yeah it's fine.

anyway don't think im out to get you. just because i dont use emoticons or add flowery language into my posts, doesn't mean im some cold blooded killer out to get you.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #12
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

My goal is to get to 2,000 posts by the end of the summer, but after that, I'm back to my 2-3 post per day.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

im going for 20k.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #14
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

I wouldn't call myself a post whore, but I do want to be at the top tier of posters.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:04 PM   #15
Phenom
Supreme Living Legend

Phenom has an OK reputation so far

I am out to singlehandedly destroy the stigma of the post count.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: