Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far
Default 2 Phoenix TV helecopters collied covering a car chase

I just heard the news, and it's on many of the national news channels. I got the live video feed of the one of the stations involved, KTVK Channel 3. They and the local ABC station, KNXV Channel 15, were covering a slow car chase through the Phoenix streets, and this afternoon both stations' helecopters just crashed into each other head-on, with the remains landing in a park near downtown Phoenix.

Everybody in both helecopters were killed instantly. According to Fox News, the driver in the car chase might be charged with involuntary homicide.

I live in the capital of car chases, in Los Angeles, and I would be afraid that something like this would happen, regardless where it takes place.

KTVK: www.azfamily.com
KNXV: www.abc15.com
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2 Phoenix TV helecopters collied covering a car chase

the guy in the car will be blamed for the idiots in the helicopters' deaths? did they helicopter pilots get distracted and started checking out the pursuit themselves? ****, how coudl this happen?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The first thing I thought of when I heard about this is that someone will try to blame the driver.

Fact is the two pilots had a job to do, which included flying safely and they didn't.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Unless you live in AZ and watch these guys everyday like I do it won't really hit as hard. Both of those pilots and were loved by the state. It's too bad something like this had to happen covering as tupid car chase....
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

It's kobe's fault
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #6
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I haven't been able to keep my attention away from this since I got off work today. It really just saddens me. I have no idea why they were so close to each other. It's their responsibility to communicate with each other, so it will be interesting to hear the investigation.

The crazy thing is that this all happened on live TV. According to the article I read on Yahoo, Craig Smith, the pilot of the ABC 15 chopper said "Oh Geez!" right before the feed to the station cut off. It was said that the picture started rotate around and then they cut to the newsroom. There was no way to edit what happened.

I feel horrible for the families of these media members.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How are helicopter pilots popular in Phx? Someone explain this.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:12 AM   #8
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

When I saw this on TV, I thought it was in New York. It's a shame it happened. I figured it would happen in NYC or LA before it happened in Phoenix.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #9
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Here is the video of ABC 15's news coverage when the choppers collide. Makes me sick.

http://news.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=553050
Old 07-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #10
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess this would be a bad time to use this:

bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #11
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How are helicopter pilots popular in Phx? Someone explain this.
Does it matter?

These were pilots that worked for the local news stations. They were well known by the community simply by being a part of daily newscasts. Familiarity.

I also don't want to make this seem like it was just the pilots, because 2 photographers died in the crash as well.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:28 AM   #12
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Dang Rab.... That video is sad man.... Thats the last time anyone will ever hear his voice... Wow what a tragedy.... Even though I've already heard the news, seeing and hearing that video makes my stomach drop...
Old 07-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #13
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
Dang Rab.... That video is sad man.... Thats the last time anyone will ever hear his voice... Wow what a tragedy.... Even though I've already heard the news, seeing and hearing that video makes my stomach drop...
Yeah, I sat here and debated whether or not I wanted to watch it. I hate watching stuff like this, but I watched anyway. I'm actually kind of surprised they put it up.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:41 AM   #14
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Yeah, I sat here and debated whether or not I wanted to watch it. I hate watching stuff like this, but I watched anyway. I'm actually kind of surprised they put it up.

Yea I am too. It's videos like this that just give me one of the worst feelings in the world, maybe i've been desensitized and this just shows me a flash of the real world. What ever it is it's horrible.....
Old 07-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #15
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
Yea I am too. It's videos like this that just give me one of the worst feelings in the world, maybe i've been desensitized and this just shows me a flash of the real world. What ever it is it's horrible.....
No kidding.

I guess according to a witness, the ABC 15 chopper, which was the one shown on the video, turned into the News Channel 3 chopper which was stationary in the air.

I'm still wondering why they were so close.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: