Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-28-2007, 12:50 AM   #16
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2 Phoenix TV helecopters collied covering a car chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
No kidding.

I guess according to a witness, the ABC 15 chopper, which was the one shown on the video, turned into the News Channel 3 chopper which was stationary in the air.

I'm still wondering why they were so close.

Well I think they said that on a story like this there can be anywhere from 9 helicopters from various stations covering the story. When you think about it something like this was bound to happen though. It's still so terrible and could have been avoided....
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:51 AM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Does it matter?

These were pilots that worked for the local news stations. They were well known by the community simply by being a part of daily newscasts. Familiarity.

I also don't want to make this seem like it was just the pilots, because 2 photographers died in the crash as well.

I matters when someone claims they were loved by the state. It only begs the question how and what they were doing to become loved. We have pilots here for news stations and I dont even know who they are. Maybe these pilots were always in the air reporting news? I can see if the reporters onboard were loved because they are in front of the camera...but pilots? Eh, never heard that before thats why I asked.

And why would the video of the crash be posted? Thats retarded.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:54 AM   #18
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I matters when someone claims they were loved by the state. It only begs the question how and what they were doing to become loved. We have pilots here for news stations and I dont even know who they are. Maybe these pilots were always in the air reporting news? I can see if the reporters onboard were loved because they are in front of the camera...but pilots? Eh, never heard that before thats why I asked.

The channel 3 Pilot was in front of the camera quite often actually.....
Old 07-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
The channel 3 Pilot was in front of the camera quite often actually.....

I see. Saw the vid...pretty wild.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #20
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

While loved may not be the word I would've chosen myself, it's not a stretch to say they weren't loved or liked a lot by people here. And again, it's all about the familiarity that residents here have with the local news media.

The thing with these pilots is that they were on camera frequently while in the air, whether it be in the morning while checking out traffic, covering events like this one, or fires, or storms etc.

I thought having the video posted was weird too.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:03 AM   #21
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

The greater loss to people in the PHX area will be the loss of the channel three pilot and photographer. They were local news the channel 15 chopper was covering for national news.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:11 AM   #22
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

oh man, feel bad for them, it's just an extremely unlucky thing to happen. dont think the dude should get blamed though.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: