Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation
Default Lil Wayne Vs Jay-Z

All The Hip-Hop Fans Who You Got In A Battle?

Lil Wayne Vs Jay-z

It Officially is beef despite what either artist says proof:

Jay-z on the track "Watch What You Say To Me" who else is he talkin to? No one except for DeWayne Carter himself.

Lil Wayne has been throwin sublimal shots at Jay-z for his whole career

To Be Honest Right Now Wayne Has The Fire Power Right Now He On Top Of His Game But I Still Think Jay Got It..It Will Be Interesting To See...
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
Phenom
Supreme Living Legend

Phenom has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lil Wayne Vs Jay-Z

The kissing baby episode, Trina, and the allegations he's not a real blood....Wayne had better cool his jets or he might bite off more than he can chew.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #3
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

that jab is at lil wayne? why is T.I. making that sh!t? he's cool with both of 'em, he should just stay out either way... Lil Wayne is fresh and honestly, I like listening to his stuff, because of his delivery... I know it'd be easy to say Jay-Z is gonna murder him and stuff, but lil wayne does got that firepower, so that battle would be alot closer than it might seem at first...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
STelfair31

Baby did have a good explaination tho about the "Black Mafia" thing.. but don't the Mob kiss on the cheek...and good point on the 'bite off more then he can chew' because last I heard Gillie is still in Philly and they also have a deep beef... but as far as in the commerical air waves Wayne right now is the nicest MC but I think he lost some of his underground respect in the process...
Old 07-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

jay-z will lose 100% of the time. that guy can't go live. he needs someone to write for him and sing his hooks.

he ain't no rapper.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
STelfair31

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
that jab is at lil wayne? why is T.I. making that sh!t? he's cool with both of 'em, he should just stay out either way... Lil Wayne is fresh and honestly, I like listening to his stuff, because of his delivery... I know it'd be easy to say Jay-Z is gonna murder him and stuff, but lil wayne does got that firepower, so that battle would be alot closer than it might seem at first...

Nah T.I. has the track with Jay-z.. T.I. is aimin his verses at Ludacris... Lil Wayne has been takin shots but just not really comin flat out and sayin it...When He Say Best Rapper Alive and he knows Hova is still in the game so to speak...thats like Lebron sayin "Best To Ever Put On A Uniform" Knowin that many of the legends in the NBA are still around..
Old 07-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom
The kissing baby episode, Trina, and the allegations he's not a real blood....Wayne had better cool his jets or he might bite off more than he can chew.

Can you explain those 3 things to me? I'm just getting into some of Weezy's stuff.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #8
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
Nah T.I. has the track with Jay-z.. T.I. is aimin his verses at Ludacris... Lil Wayne has been takin shots but just not really comin flat out and sayin it...When He Say Best Rapper Alive and he knows Hova is still in the game so to speak...thats like Lebron sayin "Best To Ever Put On A Uniform" Knowin that many of the legends in the NBA are still around..

I know lil wayne and Jay-z had something... but i'm just saying, why is T.I. going on with Jay-Z on a track, where Jay-Z is aiming his verses against Weezy, when Weezy and T.I. are chillin'... let Jay-z do a solo...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #9
STelfair31

yea that got me...funkylikemonkey it would be impossible to tell everything exactly about Weezy and his beefs... here is a link where you can read about everythin... its tough to explain to people what exactly happens in hip-hop especially if you dont really follow the game at all or if you dont follow an artist...http://www.answers.com/topic/lil-way...=entertainment go to the Feuds title and enjoy...
Old 07-27-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
Phenom
Supreme Living Legend

Phenom has an OK reputation so far

A quick rundown:

There was a picture of him kissing Baby on the lips. No tongue but still lips pressed together.
Said Trina used him and then dumped him like New England does players asking for extra money.
Wayne didn't start out a blood. In some of his earlier videos he's even worn blue rags. Questionable as to whether he's just jumping on the blood bandwagon (Jim Jones, Santana, Game) since that's what's hot right now and for street cred.

More than enough for Jay-Z to chew him up and spit him out.

And Wayne originally said, "The best rapper alive/since the best rapper retired." The rift started when Jay came back and said the game needed him and he had to revive hip hop. Wayne took exception and said that the game DIDN'T need him and that it was a new day. Basically hang it up old man.

Last edited by Phenom : 07-27-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: