Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #16
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Barry Bonds with #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
The Jays have little to no cap room since they gave Frank Thomas that huge contract.

go to the raptors forum, into the official bluejays thread, i have explained it there how it can be possible to get him... plus, the owner of the bluejays, ted rogers, is extremely rich, and every year for a while he has been increasing the payroll, so if he becomes more generous, it'd be cool...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #17
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
go to the raptors forum, into the official bluejays thread, i have explained it there how it can be possible to get him... plus, the owner of the bluejays, ted rogers, is extremely rich, and every year for a while he has been increasing the payroll, so if he becomes more generous, it'd be cool...

Even if they did sign A-Rod, I don't see them making the playoffs. 1993 and counting.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:12 AM   #18
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

**** i went to 3 games this week and the one day i dont go barry hits it. im going saturday and sunday so i better see it
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #19
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Even if they did sign A-Rod, I don't see them making the playoffs. 1993 and counting.

I think they would... Yankees get weaker that way... and the Bluejays young players get a year older... you don't expect Frank Thomas to continue his struggle next year as well, he's too much of a professional hitter to do so... Wells will be back to his normal self, he's done it over and over again... The only things the bluejays will have to fight, are the injuries...
Old 07-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #20
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

bottom of the 6th, here it goes
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #21
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

another walk
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:28 AM   #22
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

Agree with the KGJ statement if not for the leg injuries he and Bonds would be having a chase for the record...
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:31 AM   #23
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Just one away from Hank Aaron!!!

WOOHOO!!! lets get this done this homestand barry...

tainted....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:34 AM   #24
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I was watching the game on ESPN. The Giants scored on a sac-fly, and then Barry comes up and knocks it out if the park (well into the stands at least).
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #25
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
tainted....

that's a waste of a post... you keep picking on bonds, but when asked numerous times for proof, you have came up with zilch... atleast when I asked Gobb for proof, he came up with arguments and supported his arguments with some evidence... I can sit here and say Ruth took 'roids and Hank took 'roids but until I can't prove it, it holds no weight...
Old 07-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #26
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Here's some proof:

-His shoe size went from a 10 1/2- 13.

-His hat size went up 1/4".

-He tested positive for amphetemines for 2005.

-Unlike guys like Sosa and Giambi, Bonds hasn't lost a pound. And since HGH doesn't come up on a steroid test, it's safe to say he's on HGH until they find a test that can detect it.

-Simply look at him in 1990 and compare him in 2003-2006.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:45 AM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
that's a waste of a post... you keep picking on bonds, but when asked numerous times for proof, you have came up with zilch... atleast when I asked Gobb for proof, he came up with arguments and supported his arguments with some evidence... I can sit here and say Ruth took 'roids and Hank took 'roids but until I can't prove it, it holds no weight...

Bonds admitted to taking "clear" saying he thought it was flacseed oil. That he didnt knowingly taking anything illegal. We dont have proof as far as a drug test...but we have his own words in the court room under oaf. Gary Sheffield said the same thing that he took clear and thought it was flacseed oil. The clear was provided by Bonds personal trainer linked with BALCO. Eh

Sidenote: There was a guy who i believe is responsible for the clear or one of the people responsible. He spoke on the effects of using the clear and said the misconception is that it doesnt help you become a better baseball player, and hit a baseball. He said untrue and that it does...it improves bat speed, hand eye coordination and a host of other things. It was on sportscenter didnt get to catch it in its entirety since i had to run out. I need to see an article on what was said so I dont take things out of context....but i only mention this because it was interesting. Not that I believe it since i havent read the entire interview to form an opinion.

That said i hope he breaks it tomorrow cuz I'm about to go to bed. Aint no way I'm staying up to 130am to see if he ties it. I gotta work tomorrow.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #28
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Bonds admitted to taking "clear" saying he thought it was flacseed oil. That he didnt knowingly taking anything illegal. We dont have proof as far as a drug test...but we have his own words in the court room under oaf. Gary Sheffield said the same thing that he took clear and thought it was flacseed oil. The clear was provided by Bonds personal trainer linked with BALCO. Eh

Sidenote: There was a guy who i believe is responsible for the clear or one of the people responsible. He spoke on the effects of using the clear and said the misconception is that it doesnt help you become a better baseball player, and hit a baseball. He said untrue and that it does...it improves bat speed, hand eye coordination and a host of other things. It was on sportscenter didnt get to catch it in its entirety since i had to run out. I need to see an article on what was said so I dont take things out of context....but i only mention this because it was interesting. Not that I believe it since i havent read the entire interview to form an opinion.

That said i hope he breaks it tomorrow cuz I'm about to go to bed. Aint no way I'm staying up to 130am to see if he ties it. I gotta work tomorrow.

Yes we do. He tested positive for amphetemines in 2005.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:51 AM   #29
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

You have me confused with someone else sir. This is the first and only comment I have made about Mr. Bonds. And I do think the record is tainted. You can say what you want, but you know I am right... if it was not tainted, there would not be so much debate in the first place.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:53 AM   #30
brwnman

Quote:
Here's some proof:

-His shoe size went from a 10 1/2- 13.

-His hat size went up 1/4".

-He tested positive for amphetemines for 2005.

-Unlike guys like Sosa and Giambi, Bonds hasn't lost a pound. And since HGH doesn't come up on a steroid test, it's safe to say he's on HGH until they find a test that can detect it.

-Simply look at him in 1990 and compare him in 2003-2006.

while all those are a cause for suspicion, it's not a conclusive proof that he took steroids... also, that amphetamine test that he apparently failed was just a report by the NY Daily News (i don't trust anything from the NY papers)... and under baseball policy, player is not publicized for a first fail, so it is not baseball official news... and the look at him argument is getting really old... player can and do get big... did bonds get bigger than expected, yes... but the fact of the matter is, he always had quick hands and he didn't lose any bat speed, he continues to have the same swing...

as I said, this all is suspicious, but why can't we wait and see the ruling and wait for a definitive ruling on if he took performance enhancing drugs or not... why is it so do or die for Bonds? people don't like him, cause he was never given a chance... he was a jerk to the media (to some members of the media, he was really friendly), so the media got back at him by defaming him...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: