Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-28-2007, 01:55 AM   #31
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Barry Bonds with #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
You have me confused with someone else sir. This is the first and only comment I have made about Mr. Bonds. And I do think the record is tainted. You can say what you want, but you know I am right... if it was not tainted, there would not be so much debate in the first place.

this is not the first and only time... I remember you from one previous debate that we had on Barry Bonds, where you just put out that bonds took drugs or such and jetted the thread... so just cause we have a debate, it becomes tainted? that's really lame...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:57 AM   #32
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I wanted to keep this thread related to just Barry breaking the record... but it evolved from there to A-Rod to bluejays to steroids... I hate it, because almost every Bonds threads or baseball thread for that matter always turns into a steroid thread... just one post fuels the talks, guess it's all part of the chain reaction...
Old 07-28-2007, 01:58 AM   #33
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
this is not the first and only time... I remember you from one previous debate that we had on Barry Bonds, where you just put out that bonds took drugs or such and jetted the thread... so just cause we have a debate, it becomes tainted? that's really lame...

Show me the link...

Oh, so first you say "you keep picking on bonds" and then you say "one previous debate."

Dude you are very confused and not thinking straight. The debate is not tainted. The record is.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:12 AM   #34
brwnman

Quote:
Show me the link...

Oh, so first you say "you keep picking on bonds" and then you say "one previous debate."

Dude you are very confused and not thinking straight. The debate is not tainted. The record is.

it was quite a while ago...but i lost the link to search threads... so if someone can send me the link again for searching threads, i'd be happy to try and search... I also said how that pimp hate that you leave at the end of your post as a signature is really played out... when it was first added in the options, everybody did it and then left it, but for some reason you keep doing it...
Old 07-28-2007, 02:28 AM   #35
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Show me the link...

Give Barry a break. I'm not really a baseball fan but I'm watching and rooting for him to break the record, and when he does I'll be happy for him.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:33 AM   #36
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum-search.shtml
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:38 AM   #37
brwnman

I can't find it, so I'll take the blame, because since I said it, I should be able to find it and I can't, so i'm just gonna apologize for saying that you were involved before...
Old 07-28-2007, 02:41 AM   #38
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
while all those are a cause for suspicion, it's not a conclusive proof that he took steroids
he admitted it under oath that he had been using it he said he thought it was Flazseed oil but found out later that it was not (yeah sure)... what kind of proof do you need? the man says i did it and some of you fans still won't belive it lol
Old 07-28-2007, 02:58 AM   #39
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
he admitted it under oath that he had been using it he said he thought it was Flazseed oil but found out later that it was not (yeah sure)... what kind of proof do you need? the man says i did it and some of you fans still won't belive it lol

I need him to test positive and get suspended... that is what I want... also that was a leaked testimony that you are referring to... It was not illegal in baseball or the USA (believe it or not) at the time... "the substances were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a pain-relieving balm for the player's arthritis" - that was the cream...according to his attorney, he had several tests that year, all came out negative...

- but if he says he didn't know... we should still fault him for using it? he told his trainer nothing illegal, but if his trainer fu(ks up, it's still his fault? also, that cream, what it did was delay surgery to Bonds' knees, which ended up happening in his playing career anyways...
Old 07-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #40
proof
Banned

proof has an OK reputation so far

You be the judge:

Quote:
Anderson, Conte meet

Conte ran his business in Burlingame, Calif., just around the corner from the gym where Greg Anderson worked out Bonds.

Through his Get Big Productions business, Anderson began working with Bonds in about 1998. His business opportunities soared when Bonds introduced Anderson to other big-name ballplayers.

After Anderson introduced Bonds to Conte, the slugger began a year-round training and supplement plan. He told Muscle & Fitness magazine he visited BALCO every few months to have his blood tested for deficiencies, and Conte said Bonds' nutrition regimen included a long list of items taken at different points of the day, including three capsules of ZMA before bedtime.

73 home runs

When Bonds entered the league in 1986, he was a wiry phenom listed at 6-foot-1, 185 pounds. In the 2001 season, he was 6-2 and pushing 230 -- a linebacker in a baseball uniform...

proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:04 AM   #41
gts
Sons of Antartica

well brwnman i'm not going to debate this with you... you seem to be willing to give bonds a pass, and that's your god given right...

mine is to feel bonds knew exactly what he was doing...
people that know him have said he puts nothing in or on his body without knowing everything about the product... why does he trainer sit in jail? if bonds didn't know what he was taking, he could say, i slipped it to bonds and he didn't know, right?
nope he sits in jail because if he testifies he'd have to either lie or indict bonds for being the cheater he is... that's my take on it, you got yours, lets leave it at that...cool?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:18 AM   #42
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well brwnman i'm not going to debate this with you... you seem to be willing to give bonds a pass, and that's your god given right...

mine is to feel bonds knew exactly what he was doing...
people that know him have said he puts nothing in or on his body without knowing everything about the product... why does he trainer sit in jail? if bonds didn't know what he was taking, he could say, i slipped it to bonds and he didn't know, right?
nope he sits in jail because if he testifies he'd have to either lie or indict bonds for being the cheater he is... that's my take on it, you got yours, lets leave it at that...cool?

yep i'm cool with that... and majority share the same opinions as yours... I can respect that...
Old 07-28-2007, 03:42 AM   #43
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

He'll probably finish his career at around 780 or so. Will probably get shattered by ARod though(if healthy).
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:11 AM   #44
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof
You be the judge:

Wow, Young Barry Bonds is rather raw thin compare to the current legend that he is. I hope that it would not affect his health ( using roids) when he was in his late 50's and early 60's.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:13 AM   #45
The Hurricane
Banned

The Hurricane has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Wow, Young Barry Bonds is rather raw thin compare to the current legend that he is. I hope that it would not affect his health ( using roids) when he was in his late 50's and early 60's.

Yes because working out for 10 years couldnt get the same results
The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: