Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-28-2007, 12:56 AM   #16
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What is the big deal about dog fighting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
you know you called people dumb sh!t and told them you know alot of stuff about dogs and such, but you didn't tell us what you know... so in the end, you just said you wouldn't fight your dog and that's it... it did not mean anything, if you don't actually tell us what you know...

I know that Pitbulls originated in England. It started with bulldogs and a sport known as "bull baiting" where they would have the bulldog harrass and attack bulls to tenderize the meat before they went to market. After this sport was banned for being barbaric. They took the bull dogs and mixed them with terriers ie.. pitbull terriers and bred them for dogfighting . They didn't come to the US until the late 1800's. So no the "hood" didn't create pitbulls or dogfighting.

Pitbulls get a bad rap most of the time because of idiots who train them to be human aggressive. They where never meant to be that, dog aggressive they are. That's what they where bred/created for to fight other dogs. When you hear of pitbull attacks it's the owners fault, they made the dog that way. I take owning my pitbull very serious due the bad press the breed gets. There is no other breed that have laws specifically for them, no other breeds that are completely BANNED is certain States. 40% of the dogs in Los Angeles dog shelters are pitbulls. Go to pitbullforum.com very educated and responsible owners there you could learn a lot. No dogfighters or backyard breeders trying to sell dogs.

Oh and yes I called them dumb because if they are going to call themselves a "REPORTER/JOURNALIST" they should know what the hell they are talking about. Just spitting out crap you've heard with no research or verification is DUMB in their positions and that's my opinion.

Last edited by Laker4Lyfe : 07-28-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:02 AM   #17
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
I know that Pitbulls originated in England. It started with bulldogs and a sport known as "bull baiting" where they would have the bulldog harrass and attack bulls to tenderize the meat before they went to market. After this sport was banned for being barbaric. They took the bull dogs and mixed them with terriers ie.. pitbull terriers and bred them for dogfighting . They didn't come to the US until the late 1800's. So no the "hood" didn't create pitbulls or dogfighting.

Pitbulls get a bad rap most of the time because of idiots who train them to be human aggressive. They where never meant to be that, dog aggressive they are. That's what they where bred/created for to fight other dogs. When you hear of pitbull attacks it's the owners fault, they made the dog that way. I take owning my pitbull very serious due the bad press the breed gets. There is no other breed that have laws specifically for them, no other breeds that are completely BANNED is certain States. 40% of the dogs in Los Angeles dog shelters are pitbulls. Go to pitbullforum.com very educated and responsible owners there you could learn a lot. No dogfighters or backyard breeders trying to sell dogs.

Oh and yes I called them dumb because if they are going to call themselves a "REPORTER/JOURNALIST" they should know what the hell they are talking about. Just spitting out crap you've heard with no research or verification is DUMB in their positions and that's my opinion.

see and there you have it... the thing is, you can call them dumb, but to us they would seem credible because of their post (profession) and if you don't tell us why they are dumb, it would make you look like an idiot and seem like you just hate on journalism...
brwnman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:14 AM   #18
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

PETA- People Eating the Animals
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:16 AM   #19
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
see and there you have it... the thing is, you can call them dumb, but to us they would seem credible because of their post (profession) and if you don't tell us why they are dumb, it would make you look like an idiot and seem like you just hate on journalism...

I feel you :) Just watching them on tv daily lately saying dumb stuff is just getting on my nerves. I'm interested in hearing what they have to say about Vick, but they start trying to figure out WHY this is happening and so forth and they have said some stupid things.

I heard Jason Whitlock say on Bill O'Reilly that "dope dealers glorify the pitbull, a perfect example is New Jack City, Nino Brown had his pitbulls and made it glorious to inner city youth". He really said that, now I don't know if you saw New Jack City a MOVIE from the 80's but Nino Brown had a rottweiler not a pitbull. And I could go on but I wont rant anymore.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:19 AM   #20
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31

You made me spit out my wine...... stop it!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 01:29 AM   #21
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
people eating tasty animals...

it's not just the actual fighting that is horrible..it's the way the dogs are raised, trained and treated all in order to make a viscious dog that wants nothing more than to kill another dog... when the dog fails to be a killer, they themselves are killed in as we have read barbaric ways that's just unfathomable to many people out there...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:32 AM   #22
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

It's called animal rights. What Vick did was wrong.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:33 AM   #23
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
I feel you :) Just watching them on tv daily lately saying dumb stuff is just getting on my nerves. I'm interested in hearing what they have to say about Vick, but they start trying to figure out WHY this is happening and so forth and they have said some stupid things.

I heard Jason Whitlock say on Bill O'Reilly that "dope dealers glorify the pitbull, a perfect example is New Jack City, Nino Brown had his pitbulls and made it glorious to inner city youth". He really said that, now I don't know if you saw New Jack City a MOVIE from the 80's but Nino Brown had a rottweiler not a pitbull. And I could go on but I wont rant anymore.
Bill OReilly blaimed dmx and hiphop for dog fighting. seriously. him and jason whitlock blame black people, and particularly rap, for everything.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:36 AM   #24
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

aside from all the animal cruelty, which really only incriminates Vick harshly in the court of public opinion, Michael Vick funded and conspired in a felony.

Dog fighting is a felony and for Vick to have played a key roll (financier) for many years makes him extremely guilty.

All the dead doggies and such are sad, and make good op ed pieces, but at the end of the day, this ish went on on his property and was enhanced with his dollars.

big big caca for Vick.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:50 AM   #25
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
aside from all the animal cruelty, which really only incriminates Vick harshly in the court of public opinion, Michael Vick funded and conspired in a felony.

Dog fighting is a felony and for Vick to have played a key roll (financier) for many years makes him extremely guilty.

All the dead doggies and such are sad, and make good op ed pieces, but at the end of the day, this ish went on on his property and was enhanced with his dollars.

big big caca for Vick.

Exactly.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:47 AM   #26
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
Bill OReilly blaimed dmx and hiphop for dog fighting. seriously. him and jason whitlock blame black people, and particularly rap, for everything.

And he blames liberals for the fact that he has someone to blame.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:12 AM   #27
The Hurricane
Banned

The Hurricane has an OK reputation so far

thread maker is a moron
The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #28
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
While I do believe Mike Vick should serve some time if he was involved in this, please help me to understand why people are making such a big deal out of this? I've heard numerous people tell me he should serve life in prison and correct me if I'm wrong but a rep from the house suggested the death penalty.

The news is also reporting about these "rape" tables which is what they used to breed the dogs. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Professional athletes shouldn't be hanging out with the scum of society participating in such a barbaric act as this. Sadly, though, the only reason why this issue of dogfighting has been given any attention is b/c the subject matter just happens to be famous. To me, that's the outrageous part. Noone seemed to give a sh!t about this issue before.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: