Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
kazaks
I hit open 5-footers

kazaks has an OK reputation so far
Post How will the Mavs do in the 07-08 season?

Winning the chip? 1st round exit?

I see them at least getting to the conference finals if they play like they did last year, and if they get to the finals, an automatic title.

As long as they can avoid Golden State, they should be a force to be reckoned with.

The lineup will probably be close to the same as last year:

PG: Harris/Terry/Barea?/
SG: Terry/Ager?/Stack/George/
SF:Howard/Stack/Buckner/Bass/
PF: Dirk/Fazekas/
C: Damp/Diop/Mbenga?/

I easily see a 60+ win team.

Last edited by kazaks : 07-27-2007 at 11:55 PM.
kazaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:33 AM   #2
kazaks
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: How will the Mavs do in the 07-08 season?

Damn, the Mavs forum is quiet. I post something here and its the latest post for usually at least a day. We need to liven things up in here, get some more people cause shit!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

If you go by the last time the Mavs won their division and went out in the first round. Then they'll go to the conference finals. The west is going to be brutal again this year. Shoot, just the southwest division is brutal.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

It's the offseason kaz, give it a chance. And keep on posting. If nothing else I'll answer and probably bore you to death.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
kazaks
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
It's the offseason kaz, give it a chance. And keep on posting. If nothing else I'll answer and probably bore you to death.

As long as I get a reply, thats fine with me.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Phenom
Supreme Living Legend

Phenom has an OK reputation so far

They're battle tested, the core's together, and all of our players should be better from another year of experience unlike most veteran teams that just get older after another season. If San Antonio can keep their same core together and be a dynasty for almost a decade, this Maverick team will fare fairly well by those standards.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:05 PM   #7
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Having Westphal should help. Hopefully he will instill some kind of offense conductive to these players. The iso's and bail out 3's have got to go.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
DirtyB41
I hit open layups

DirtyB41 has an OK reputation so far

I think they'll be great next season. The core of the team is still great, I like our new additions (Brandon Bass for MIP!!), Harris and Howard will continue to improve as players, and Dirk will have a monster year. It seems like he has a stink bomb playoff performance every other year, and after each of those he comes back with a phenomenal postseason. And I completely agree with SilentMav, the isolation plays leading to forced shots at the end of the clock have got to go.
DirtyB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 AM   #9
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

they will win a lot of regular season games sure, but something must be done at SG.

Right now I say they are at least a second round team. Depending on what else they do this offseason I may revise my opinion.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:56 AM   #10
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
they will win a lot of regular season games sure, but something must be done at SG.

Right now I say they are at least a second round team. Depending on what else they do this offseason I may revise my opinion.

You really think something must be done about their SG rather than their center.
In my opinion 60+ wins. How far in the playoffs depends on if they're able to fill that gap in the middle with their deepness.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: