Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Rafer Alston for Drew Gooden?

This trade may actually go through if the Cavaliers are willing to give out Gooden, because I'm sure that Houston wants to let go of Alston.
The Rockets may also be willing to trade Luther Head to get Gooden or Varejao since, they have too many guards.

Cleveland getting Alston will defenitely help them on where they're weak. And Houston adquiring Gooden will help the Rockets a lot since they only have Hayes ( wich they may also trade or let go), and Scola at PF.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rafer Alston for Drew Gooden?

WHY the hell would Cavs do this?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodonpa

WHY the hell would Cavs do this?
Dont you know that Cleveland needs a point guard for sure?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
t-mac#1
I hit open layups

t-mac#1 has an OK reputation so far

rockets please do this
Old 07-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
Dont you know that Cleveland needs a point guard for sure?

Yeah, we need a point guard, not some overrated, street baller who can't run an offense.

We already have guys who can't run an offense.

Mathius
Old 08-01-2007, 02:34 AM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This trade may actually go through if the Cavaliers are willing to give out Gooden, because I'm sure that Houston wants to let go of Alston.
The Rockets may also be willing to trade Luther Head to get Gooden or Varejao since, they have too many guards.

Cleveland getting Alston will defenitely help them on where they're weak. And Houston adquiring Gooden will help the Rockets a lot since they only have Hayes ( wich they may also trade or let go), and Scola at PF.

No. It won't.

You gotta realize man there's a difference between "i just came up with this in my head" and "sources are actually indicating that this is being discussed".

Yes we need a PG and they need a PF, but the point of trades is for both teams to get players that they need. You gotta go by the player not the position. This isn't a video game
Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #7
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
No. It won't.

You gotta realize man there's a difference between "i just came up with this in my head" and "sources are actually indicating that this is being discussed".

Yes we need a PG and they need a PF, but the point of trades is for both teams to get players that they need. You gotta go by the player not the position. This isn't a video game

Well said. This is real life. Just 'cuz some Rocket fanboy wants Gooden to play for the Cavs, doesn't make it a "good trade".

Drew Gooden is awful, but he means more to Cleveland than Alston would if he came here. We'd deplete our already thin front line and lose whatever offense Gooden gives that position.

In short, Alston wouldn't fill our need at point guard, and it would create a hole at PF.

Mathius
Old 08-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
No. It won't.

OK, First of all I know that this is not a video . Second, I want to say that I'm the one that lives in Houston so how are you sure that there are not thinking about it out here, just beacuse it doesnt come out on ESPN, dont mean nothing.
Quote:
Yes we need a PG and they need a PF, but the point of trades is for both teams to get players that they need
OK? You know you just contradicted yourself?
Yo cant tell me Cleveland doesnt need a point guard with Snow chunking bricks and airballs, and LeBron handling the ball, the Cavs need to bring in a point guard that can handle the ball so that the ball can come to LeBron.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #9
Mathius

Quote:
Yo cant tell me Cleveland doesnt need a point guard with Snow chunking bricks and airballs, and LeBron handling the ball, the Cavs need to bring in a point guard that can handle the ball so that the ball can come to LeBron.

You seem to keep ignoring the fact that Alston sucks, and Gooden actually has some value not only to the Cavs, but even more to the Rockets who are questionable at PF right now.

Mathius
Old 08-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
OK, First of all I know that this is not a video . Second, I want to say that I'm the one that lives in Houston so how are you sure that there are not thinking about it out here, just beacuse it doesnt come out on ESPN, dont mean nothing.

Like i said it doesn't matter if JUST you guys are thinking about it. You'd be getting the only good player in the trade so of course you're thinking about it. Hell i'm thinking about Eric Snow and Pavlovic for Jason Kidd but i guarantee you that NJ isn't. There's two parts to a trade and here in Cleveland there hasn't been a single thought about Skip, so yes it does mean something

Quote:

I didn't contradict myself at all. Cleveland needs a point guard, and yes Skip is a point guard. But see the point of making trades is to get players that will HELP the team. In other words trading players of equal value for each other. Skip is not a good NBA player, and Drew Gooden is. No he's not great, but he's good. If we're gonna trade for Skip i'd rather just keep Snow. Better have a smart player clanking shots off the rim than a dumb one.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #11
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You seem to keep ignoring the fact that Alston sucks, and Gooden actually has some value not only to the Cavs, but even more to the Rockets who are questionable at PF right now.

Mathius

Rockets have bunch of guards, you think they'll only give out Alston for Gooden?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #12
Mathius

Quote:
Rockets have bunch of guards, you think they'll only give out Alston for Gooden?

I don't care. We don't want Alston period. We already have a bunch of overpaid guys who can't play.

Take your fan boy dreams over to the Rocket's forum.

Mathius
Old 08-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alston would make an OK backup, but not worth trading Gooden to get him. Maybe trade someone else (noone comes to mind at the moment). He's a sparkplug off the bench, but not a real PG, which is what the Cavs need. He has the confidence to hit some clutch shots, but can't really run an offense.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #14
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I don't care. We don't want Alston period. We already have a bunch of overpaid guys who can't play.

Take your fan boy dreams over to the Rocket's forum.

Mathius

Oh, now you think you are all that because Cleveland went to the Finals. Maybe you're the one that has dreams. If you dont know the Rockets have 2 championships BACK TO BACK, and the Rockets have gone to the Finals at least 4 times.
I'll go to the Rockets forum now, just wanted to make sure who's the fan boy with dreams.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 AM   #15
ebonics
Lord give me a sign

ebonics has not been impressing people

why in the H, E, double hockey sticks would clevleand do that. drew gooden is a good player, rafer alston is a scrub.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread