Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #1
showtimeboss
Can barely lace up my sneakers

showtimeboss has an OK reputation so far
Default gotta make moves

trade francis for AI TRADE jalen,talor,malik for odem or rasheed
showtimeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #2
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Maybe, it's time we stopped making moves. We're stuck with our contracts, and I say give them a year and let them stick it out, and if they win a few games, maybe they can build some chemistry. Looking at our team the only consistent player we have is Marbury, and everyone else seems like an added addition. If you look at the Spurs, Pistons, or Mavs, they all seem to have a some core players for a few years they build upon. Maybe, we should try this method.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtimeboss
trade francis for AI TRADE jalen,talor,malik for odem or rasheed
y can u spell so good?
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

Jalen, Malik and Mo Taylor gotta go, I just dont see any progress with these guys on board, all three are veterans that could help elsewhere, but we need to let D-lee, Nate and Frye get the minutes to improve their games !
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Unfortunately I can't see any moves being made before the season starts. The only player that the Knicks really need to get rid of is Francis and nobody wants his $50 million contract.

Quote:
Jalen, Malik and Mo Taylor gotta go, I just dont see any progress with these guys on board, all three are veterans that could help elsewhere, but we need to let D-lee, Nate and Frye get the minutes to improve their games !

I doubt that Malik or Mo Taylor will get any time under Thomas and Jalen won't get a great deal either. I'd say Thomas will play the kids a hell of a lot.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default malik

I think we should trade Malik for ANYTHING just to save salary, but keep Jalen Rose and Maurice Taylor for salary relief. We dont need these guys.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far

malik is one of the guys we actually need to keep...even though he is overpaid some, he is the kind of player that needs to be on the Knicks. he has championship experience from the Spurs and for awhile last season was putting up really solid numbers. His attitude is also the kind of attitude that needs to be on this team. As far as Rose and Mo and even Stevie Disenfranchised...I think if we can get anything as much as role players who will fit into the team, or draft picks or anything for them, we should take whatever we can get, cuz we gotta get these young players in...
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

let his contract expire so he can sign with the spurs
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #9
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

It's easy to say make moves but how are you going to move several overpaid players? What team wants to take on their contract at this point? Maybe later in the season.

What's killing the Knicks the most is Houston's contract and Jerome Williams' who are not even playing not to mention Francis and Marbury who would be an idiot not to take his player option next year.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #10
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far

I thought with Houston retiring it saved the knicks from having to account for his salary when determining the salary cap?

Anyway...I'm really interested in seeing who gets to play on this 10man roster. Balkman and Collins are gonna get zero playing time when the season starts. They will have to earn it during practice and during the few minutes they may get.

Unless the Knicks trade away at least 3 players for just draft picks, minutes will be very thin for the bottom of the roster...

Also it looks like the Knicks won't be matching Butler's contract which would be a shame to not get anything in return for him.

1. Marbury
2. Francis
3. Frye
4. Curry
5. Richardson
6. Crawford
7. Lee
8. Robinson
9. Butler
10. James
11. M Rose
12. J Rose
13. Taylor
14. Balkman
15. Collins

Last edited by evodeadd : 07-14-2006 at 12:40 PM.
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: