Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default Brown vs Mihm

who do u guys think will get the C starting spot. i kinda felt bad for mihm because after his injury as kwame started getting better he knew he'd loose his starting job. itll probably be kwame.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
who do u guys think will get the C starting spot. i kinda felt bad for mihm because after his injury as kwame started getting better he knew he'd loose his starting job. itll probably be kwame.

Kwame can play the centre position and somehow we should convince mihm to play PF. this would be amazing.....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:26 PM   #3
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

I Pick Kwwwwwammme Brown
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:29 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Kwame has earned the starting spot and it is his to lose. Perhaps Mihm will step it up and keep him getting a lot of minutes, but I think likely you will see both players on the floor a lot, presuming both are healthy.

As I have said, I hope Kwame improves dramatically this year and makes Mihm expendable for another quality player... (not that I have anything against Mihm).
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:28 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it all depends on who performs in training camp.

as far as Im concerned they are both as good as each other.

it can go either way
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:08 AM   #6
phanofsports17
Can barely lace up my sneakers

phanofsports17 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Kwame can play the centre position and somehow we should convince mihm to play PF. this would be amazing.....

why would we want mihm to play power forward...because we are in the western conference with PF's like Dirk and KG...Mihm would absolutely do nothing at the PF position...we would have two centers on the court and that would make no sense at all...i like kwame brown starting at center with odom and radmon at forwards and kobe and smush filling out the rest
phanofsports17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:45 AM   #7
TheBigThree

TheBigThree has an OK reputation so far

Yea im for Kwame.....I think he may be a big surprise next year and maybe be a 15 and 9 center......just maybe
TheBigThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
oldschool32

oldschool32 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
it all depends on who performs in training camp.

as far as Im concerned they are both as good as each other.

it can go either way

yea im waiting to see kwame really live up to draft number
oldschool32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:35 AM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To add to my previous comment, I think Cupcake said that Kwame would be the starter going into training camp on a recent radio interview. Cupcake also said Smush was his starting PG at this point.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:46 AM   #10
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Kwame gets my vote on defense and offense of rebounding alone. I think he is ready to break out this year.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

every day he should focus on catch and shoot layups...bout 2,000 a day.

im not fooling around either. if he does that he will be bettter by at least an additional 8 ppg.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #12
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
every day he should focus on catch and shoot layups...bout 2,000 a day.

im not fooling around either. if he does that he will be bettter by at least an additional 8 ppg.

ya this guy has to learn how to catch the ball and put the layups. and he has to beleive that the ball can come to him and he should have the confident that he cant put it in the basket. for defense ...he is ever improving..even KG admitted it
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:11 PM   #13
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

I think this year could be a break out year of sorts for Brown. His confidence should be up and at the end of last season he looked real good. Defensively, he was real solid and offensively he is capable he just needs to be a little more aggressive. Kobe will definitely be in his ear and that should push him as well as the fact that Kareem has been helping with the Lakers centers. Remember, he is still very young and he is at the stage Jermaine Oneal was at when he started to break out. Now Im definitely not comparing him to JO but my point is that from the time he came into the league he had a lot to learn and he has come a long way. I still think Bynum is the future and it would be intersting to see him come along and see Bynum at C and Kwame at PF. I like Mihm but not as much as Brown as I feel Mihm has peaked but Kwame has only shown glimpses of what he could be.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #14
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverThizz
I think this year could be a break out year of sorts for Brown. His confidence should be up and at the end of last season he looked real good. Defensively, he was real solid and offensively he is capable he just needs to be a little more aggressive. Kobe will definitely be in his ear and that should push him as well as the fact that Kareem has been helping with the Lakers centers. Remember, he is still very young and he is at the stage Jermaine Oneal was at when he started to break out. Now Im definitely not comparing him to JO but my point is that from the time he came into the league he had a lot to learn and he has come a long way. I still think Bynum is the future and it would be intersting to see him come along and see Bynum at C and Kwame at PF. I like Mihm but not as much as Brown as I feel Mihm has peaked but Kwame has only shown glimpses of what he could be.

I agree...mihm is more consistent than kwame but kwame definitly has much more up side...he just needs to learn to not fumble the ball and to dunk it at any time he can...hes got tiny hands...but the way he played at the end of last year are signs of good thinkgs to come...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #15
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

praneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation here
Default mihm got skills

too bad mihm is gonna get squeezed out. he would be a perfect pf for the lakers. he has center size, but offensively, kwame should be the center cause he has no real offensize game and mihm can hit that short jumper. but now with rady, hes going to the bench. maybe that is a blessing, he will be cheaper to resign, maybe? dont think so though a lot of teams are gonna take a good hard look. he still has lots of potential. guy was always in foul touble but still had decent #s
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: