Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-30-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default PG issues

I heard that the Cavs might try to get Earl Watson or Delonte West from the Sonics seeing that they have a load of PGs. The Rockets and Blazers also have alot of PG's. But I could see Earl Waston balling with the Cavs.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: PG issues

I'm still hearding that the Cavs want Mike Bibby but don't want to give up Gooden. I think they should give up Gooden and start Varejao. What do y'all think?

PG-Bibby
SG-Hughes
SF-LJ23
PF-Varejao
C-Ilgauskas
Old 08-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
Fab17
I airball my layups

Fab17 has an OK reputation so far

I like the Gooden-Bibby trade, but if happens, Kings will ask for Pavlovic, too.

Cavs will not pull the trigger until Varejao is resigned.
Fab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Why would Sacramento want Gooden and Varejo when they just spent a good chunk of change on Mikki Moore, and then went out and drafted some bigs?

Personally, I'm interested to know if there was any way we could get in on the Corey Maggette sweepstakes this season.

Elton Brand just went down with a bad injury, LA may be in the market for a Varejo and/or Gooden. I wouldn't even mind throwing in maybe Shannon Brown.

I think Maggette would be a nice fit for us at SG, providing some scoring, even though the last couple of years he's been playing SF. He's also a phenomenal rebounder for his size.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #5
Fab17
I airball my layups

Fab17 has an OK reputation so far

I wouldn't mind bring Maggette to Cleveland, but I fear that a trade involving Maggette bring back Hughes to PG spot.

With Maggette and and LBJ playing SG and SF, Mike Brown is likely to start Hughes at PG. Not a good thing for the Cavs, right?
Fab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Why would Sacramento want Gooden and Varejo when they just spent a good chunk of change on Mikki Moore, and then went out and drafted some bigs?

Personally, I'm interested to know if there was any way we could get in on the Corey Maggette sweepstakes this season.

Elton Brand just went down with a bad injury, LA may be in the market for a Varejo and/or Gooden. I wouldn't even mind throwing in maybe Shannon Brown.

I think Maggette would be a nice fit for us at SG, providing some scoring, even though the last couple of years he's been playing SF. He's also a phenomenal rebounder for his size.

Mathius

I like that Maggette trade also he can be a nice fit - a good scorer with hightlight material.

but i think that trade should be backup for the Bibby trade. I really want Bibby on our team!!!!!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #7
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab17
I wouldn't mind bring Maggette to Cleveland, but I fear that a trade involving Maggette bring back Hughes to PG spot.

With Maggette and and LBJ playing SG and SF, Mike Brown is likely to start Hughes at PG. Not a good thing for the Cavs, right?

Hughes is going to play no matter what. Mike Brown made that clear last year, when he started him the first two games of the Finals, even though Gibson was the better player.

You might as well get used to it. Until he becomes an expiring contract, or has a huge year, he's not going to have any trade value, and we're stuck with him, and he will play.

I'd rather play Hughes and Maggette in the backcourt, than have Huges playing SG.

It will be interesting to see what Brown does next year. If Gibson improves to the point where he can consistently put up 10-15 ppg, Brown's going to have to make a decision on which players will start, Sasha, Hughes, or Gibson.

He may get a break though. I think Gibson will probably need one more year, and there's every possibility right now that Sasha will take a one year deal and split as an UFA next year, because we sure as hell haven't made a monumental effort to get his contract done, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
I like that Maggette trade also he can be a nice fit - a good scorer with hightlight material.

but i think that trade should be backup for the Bibby trade. I really want Bibby on our team!!!!!

I'm telling you, unless Sacramento's GM is horrible, the Bibby thing is done. The Cavs had nothing to offer besides our two PF's, and now that Sacramento drafted Hawes and signed Mikki Moore to a good chuck of change, it's over.

If Ferry wanted Bibby that bad, he should have got it done last year.

Mathius
Old 08-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #8
Mathius

Ok, I don't usually make up trade scenarios, because most of the time they don't come true, so it's a waste of time, but how about this:

How about Donyell Marshall, and another guy to Minnesota for Juwan Howard, then Gooden, Varejo, and whatever else it takes to LAC for Maggette.

So we have:

Gibson/Hughes/E. Snow
Maggette/Sasha
Lebron/Newble
J. Howard
Z

I like that lineup. Downside is it leaves us short in the post, especially since Pollard split, and Dwayne Jones had a horrible summer league.

Mathius
Old 08-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #9
Legend
I hit open layups

Quote:
Ok, I don't usually make up trade scenarios, because most of the time they don't come true, so it's a waste of time, but how about this:

How about Donyell Marshall, and another guy to Minnesota for Juwan Howard, then Gooden, Varejo, and whatever else it takes to LAC for Maggette.

So we have:

Gibson/Hughes/E. Snow
Maggette/Sasha
Lebron/Newble
J. Howard
Z

I like that lineup. Downside is it leaves us short in the post, especially since Pollard split, and Dwayne Jones had a horrible summer league.

Mathius

Sounds pretty good. Espeacially where Howard wants to leave so that may make it easier.

Pau Gasol could be a good guy to get but we just dont got guys to trade.
only big guys who they dont want anymore!!!

I think ferry should go after boykins and hudson and get rid of Jones and probably newble. Snow will retire with us, I dont mind that his experience will be good.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

How about the Cavs getting Dan Dickau. The Knicks are most likely to waive him. The year he was playing in New Orleans he put up 13.2ppg 5.2apg and shot 34.7pt from 3pt range. Plus don't forget about Troy Hudson, Earl Boykins, Charlie Bell. The Cavs have no excuse for not signing a PG.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
How about the Cavs getting Dan Dickau. The Knicks are most likely to waive him. The year he was playing in New Orleans he put up 13.2ppg 5.2apg and shot 34.7pt from 3pt range. Plus don't forget about Troy Hudson, Earl Boykins, Charlie Bell. The Cavs have no excuse for not signing a PG.

We have a very good excuse. Our GM SUCKS!

Mathius
Old 09-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
We have a very good excuse. Our GM SUCKS!

Mathius

Good Point, lol

If I was Lebron James I would tell Danny Ferry. Look here I'm Lebron James ***** and I want a PG and a decent center ***** I want to go to the Finals and win and have a celebration and then slap Danny Ferry and tell him Unity and say I'm rich *****.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Good Point, lol

If I was Lebron James I would tell Danny Ferry. Look here I'm Lebron James ***** and I want a PG and a decent center ***** I want to go to the Finals and win and have a celebration and then slap Danny Ferry and tell him Unity and say I'm rich *****.

There's nothing wrong with our center. We don't use him properly.

Mathius
Old 09-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #14
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Mathius

Youre right. Ee don't use him properly at all. A man of his size and skill should be getting more touches and shot attempts. We have a rare weapon in the NBA and we haven't fully utilized it in years
mlh1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #15
Legend
I hit open layups

Quote:

Mathius

And whose fault is that but the imfumuse Mike Brown. When Silas was there he was an allstar right?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: